ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Alex Jones says he's "ready to die" for Herr Cheetofuhrer

Maybe if he and Steve Bannon both shoved their heads further up Trump's ass at the same time, we could be rid of all three of them?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-08-2017)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

can he do it sooner rather than later ?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-08-2017)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Oh, BTW Alex... that Internet censorship you whine about in the ad at the end of your clip?

That's because your Cheetomessiah just killed Net Neutrality and put some H1B Visa shitbag on the Verizon payroll in charge of it. So in the words of Herman Cain....... BLAME YOURSELF!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Too soon to see what the Trump Administration is going to do. Forbes predicts they are going to downsize the FCC and cut the regulations allowing private internet providers to deal with less red tape and allow the internet to grow at the pace with innovation and technology with the government more out of the way. That seems to be the trend of Trump. More privatization and less regulation. So I imagine his FCC pick will lean that way. Does that mean they are going to be censoring the internet? Well Facebook and Google are already doing that with the blessing of the Democrats. In the age of crony capitalism with both parties in bed with it the big question is who is going to be a needed regulator? Maybe the theory of having more competition to Facebook and Google will do more for a free internet than having regulators in the government who down the road will probably be in the pocket of Facebook and Google or whoever the future equivalent is. No easy answers and there seems to be no good guys you can trust. If you want a wild west internet keeping it open and free depends on the internet users. They seem to have a bad habit of being brand loyal to brands who screw them. Pay Pal, Google, Facebook, Ebay all would be better if they had more competition but for some strange reason it's those brands the users choose to use. Much like all we use in politics is the Democrat and Repubican parties. The other brands don't amount to much because nobody uses them and we have two choices who screw us. We choose to be screwed. We love to be screwed.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-07-2017 at 09:55 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

Maybe if he and Steve Bannon both shoved their heads further up Trump's ass at the same time, we could be rid of all three of them?
    Alex should sign up for the Secret Service. Ha! ha! Honestly. I'm amazed the guy hasn't had a stroke or heart attack yet. Rumor is he snorts coke off Lee Ann Mcadoo's ass before air time and pops some crank during the breaks.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,401 Times in 6,056 Posts

I watched 3 hours of him on the Rogan show last week.

It really varies between reasonable and insanity, I think he's mainly genuine in his own mind. We are all in a bubble these days but imagine that x100 with Alex. One of the problems and this is true of most talking heads on media these days is no one ever calls him out on the literally 100s of things he has been completely wrong about over the years. When Obama came to power he did 6 months on how he would be assasinated in the first 6 months.

He's just a huxter but the internet has massively magnified these people. In the olden times he would be standing in the town center on a Saturday with a megaphone handing out leaflets, nowadays he has a staff of 100 and reaches millions. Facts are entirely irrelevant to him, he's on the ride of his life...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I don't think I could make it through three hours of Jones or Rogan.

10. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-08-2017)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I can barely tolerate listening to any political commentator for more than a couple minutes at a time. Especially the ones that sound like televangelists . Remember the old joke "what do you call 5000 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?" A good start. As far as I'm concerned you can add political commentators and televangelists to that list.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I will listen to Rogan if he has Joey Diaz on. Man he was telling stories about growing up in Jersey and helping out in a funeral home and scoring drugs in Harlem and it was entertaining as hell. Rogan is good if he has a good guest. Alex sometimes will have an interesting guest but Alex constantly interrupts his guest and you are like shut the fuck up Alex I can't hear your guest. I remember Ed McMahon once saying what made Johnny Carson so good is Carson was smart enough to know it was all about making your guest look good. If you helped you guest look good people would say did you see so and so on Carson last night. It's called hosting for a reason. You are the host and you have guests on so they can be the focal point. Heff was pretty good at in on the old Playboy After Dark shows. Hi I'm Hugh Heffner and let's go meet our guests and he questions were all about who was there. Nothing like Heff in black tie and Jerry Garcia stoned and in a poncho and Heff has no idea what all this hippie shit is about but it's about Jerry and his band and Heff is asking the questions and gets out of the way and let's the band play.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I can barely tolerate listening to any political commentator for more than a couple minutes at a time. Especially the ones that sound like televangelists . Remember the old joke "what do you call 5000 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?" A good start. As far as I'm concerned you can add political commentators and televangelists to that list.
    Everything is politicized now all thanks to agitators and the media. Divide and conquer is the game. The thing is nobody can conquer this country. It's too diverse, too big, and too armed. It just causes an annoying ruckus. Reminds me of the early 70's in a way and it usually cools back down after the big faggy show. Usually some good music comes out of the angst but I guess the kids just send Tweets and post on Facebook now.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was drinking more than they were.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries

It really varies between reasonable and insanity, I think he's mainly genuine in his own mind. We are all in a bubble these days but imagine that x100 with Alex. One of the problems and this is true of most talking heads on media these days is no one ever calls him out on the literally 100s of things he has been completely wrong about over the years. When Obama came to power he did 6 months on how he would be assasinated in the first 6 months.

He's just a huxter but the internet has massively magnified these people. In the olden times he would be standing in the town center on a Saturday with a megaphone handing out leaflets, nowadays he has a staff of 100 and reaches millions. Facts are entirely irrelevant to him, he's on the ride of his life...

Jones, much like Trump, sprinkles kernels of truth inside massive doses of hypothesized bullshit and outright lies. Then, when someone calls either of them on their bullshit, they point out the few kernels of truth and from that thus extrapolate everything else they said is also accurate.

Debunking the things both of them isn't quite a Fool's Errand, but is definitely 'fish in a barrel'...put another way, if I'm in a discussion with someone and they say they 'know The Truth, man!' about a subject because they heard Alex Jones talking about it, my default reaction is to call bullshit until it is proven otherwise: the Alex Jones Standard in and of itself isn't proof of anything (I'd be tempted to fact check the guy even if he said the sky was blue).

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Having said that, I did find it somewhat amusing when Jones and Roger Stone were roaming the halls at the Republican National Convention and took time to stop by the area where The Young Turks were broadcasting from inside the Convention and start a fight with TYT cast and crew.

Agreed, both Jones and Stone are having the time of their lives right now. Not as much as they would if Hillary won - these right wing nutjob hacks always fare better when they are the underdog party out of power (because once in power they discover they actually have to govern) - but in the case of Jones, he is far less marginalized with Trump in the White House than if Hillary had won: Jones was basically a win-win regardless of the election outcome.

Doubtless many Trump voters look at Jones as a truth-telling, rabble-rousing intellectual. Indeed, he is a huckster, just like our President.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Worryingly your president watches his show and talks to him.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Worryingly your president watches his show and talks to him.
    I'm aware of that, and it is very troubling. If the Alex Jones Standard is the one our president is happy to abide by, we're potentially in very big trouble. I think Jones is just reinforcing Trump's feelings on various matters: Jones telling Trump things Trump already feels are true by instinct are much easier than Trump actually reading a briefing paper which might contain data that opposes the truth of ideas Trump believes to be true.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well you can buy your survivalist supplies at infowars to survive the apocalypse that will surely come due to Trump winning the presidency.

20. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-08-2017)

Thread Information