Thread: Does Cheeto Hate Being pResident?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Does Cheeto Hate Being pResident?

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    I think he loves being president. He's a workaholic that gets bored easy and thrives on high energy environments. The guy doesn't mind having some enemies either. He knew what he was getting into and you have to want the presidency to win it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    He's a F A T bag of orange wheezing shit

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I think he loves being president. He's a workaholic that gets bored easy and thrives on high energy environments. The guy doesn't mind having some enemies either. He knew what he was getting into and you have to want the presidency to win it.
    What work has he ever done?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    What work has he ever done?
    He built the roads , aqueducts , sanitation, education and the baths

6. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-12-2017)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    ....and he brushes his teeth.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    He built the roads , aqueducts , sanitation, education and the baths

YUGE roads...so yuge...aqueducts? TreMENdous aqueducts. FanTAStic sanitation...I mean, Hillary was trying to fix our sewers her entire adult life! Baths? BATHS?! Such great baths...

9. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (02-12-2017)

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Nothing Ever Goes as Planned.

styx -- nothing ever goes as plannedstyx -- nothing ever goes as plannedTrump People's Court - SNLTrump People's Court - SNL
    You're so together...you act so civilized. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13Jn8xUzik https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYfwprjtog
    Nowvia Google Voice
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-12-2017 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Hitch Rocked. RIP.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I don't think he initially ran expecting he was going to get as far as he did. I really don't. Within a couple of months of his announcement, I think he looked around at the GOP contenders for the nomination and correctly concluded that all of them were an ineffectual, feckless bunch who could easily be steamrolled right over because they were a bunch of hacks and hams and the mood of the party wasn't going to be particularly receptive to career politicians. He saw his competition, saw the amount of virtually free media he was getting (at a comparatively minimal cost to himself), and just decided to keep going...because at that point, why NOT keep going?

He said it himself - in a vocal tone of half-amazement/half-amusement - at one point when he mentioned he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue, shoot somebody and he wouldn't lose any voters. It really wasn't that hyperbolical, either.

Once the GOP nomination was within reach, THEN I think Trump wanted the whole enchilada. Because I don't think he really thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable or that much of a better competitor than the people he vanquished in the primaries.

He doesn't seem to mind having enemies to a point, but he definitely hates being made fun of or looked upon as being semi-competent...or having his orders questioned. He has demonstrated again and again by his reactions how thin-skinned he is.

Right out of the gate, he pitched his message toward things a substantial amount of the citizenry fear and hate. Trump turned up the burners on the stove. He didn't manufacture the stove, or the pot or add the ingredients. All of that was there before he arrived on the scene. But he turned up the heat. If he did this because this is what he believed, or was just doing it to rile up his rallies (probably both, in that order), it can't be argued that he didn't. He made his choice in terms of tactics and strategy. He remained true to who he was throughout the process.

Now, he (including those around him along with his supporters) seemingly believe(s) that because he prevailed, it is the duty of all Americans to keep quiet and allow him to do as he pleases without question, comment or counter-action. "Shut up you snowflakes! Trump won! Go home and lick your wounds, or get out of the country if you don't like it, because it's Trump's America now!" This isn't the response the citizenship of a democracy should have to such a man, even if he is President. People will respect the office to a point, but they won't respect the man unless he earns it: winning the election in and of itself doesn't give the President carte blanche to do whatever he wants to without the expectation of resistance to those who disagree. The forms such resistance takes will be as varied as they are wide. Should they be unlawful? No. Then again, it is also the duty of the President to act in a lawful manner as well.

Will Trump's opposition sustain itself, concentrate itself and prove to be a focused and effective counter-force? Time will tell.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Does Trump hate being President?

I don't know.

I think he likes the pomp, circumstance and the attention.

I think what he'll eventually run into is the realization that unlike his business ventures which crashed or his marriages which failed, when he runs into situations (and eventually, he will) in THIS job that turn out to be disadvantageous to him, he's not going to be able to settle out of court or throw money at the problems and make them go away quite as easily as he did before. He is already running into the realization that unlike being the head of a business which bears his name, as President he isn't going to be surrounded by a nation where everybody says "yes, sir!" at his every utterance and accepts everything he says without question. His cabinet and White House staff, probably. The general population? Slightly more than half of those who voted didn't want him there, and I'm not really hearing much now from the actual Trump voters I know (living in Florida, I know more than a few) by way of raves and braggadocio. In the months running up to the election, none of these Trump voters were shy about telling me why they thought he was so great, even when we weren't specifically talking about him already in the course of a conversation. Over the past few weeks, I haven't heard Anything boastful about what Trump is doing since he took the oath.

Buyer's remorse? Maybe I shouldn't be so glib: people certainly have the right not to talk politics, or promote who they voted for...or admit they made a mistake.

Thread Information