Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPAC Keynote Speaker and Alt-Reich Poster Boy Loves to Defend Pedophiles

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Hey if the average person has the decent basics of life they are happy. It's not about stuff it's about quality of life. People just got fatter when television rolled onto the scene and then with video games and more video content available and computers it's gotten worse. I get that. What I don't get is the obscene portions people eat. The portions have grown. A Coke used to be 7 ounces. A hamburger had a single patty. Popcorn at a movie was a little bag not a big two gallon tub. All I can say is it's killing us off. Darwin at work. Nature seems to take care of anything off balance. The fat slobs end up dying off and the thin people take over.
    All those food comments are 100% spot-on.

For myself, I reached a point a few years back when I realized I can no longer eat many of the salt-laden, sugar-boosted, starch-filled things I enjoyed and avoid going down a road that would without a shadow of a doubt end up with some bleak health consequences.

I wasn't a land whale by any means, but was roughly 25 lbs overweight and climbing. There were no imminent health issues, but it didn't take a dietician to see where I was heading.

I know people who drink a 6-pack of Coke a day, and eat fast food several times a week, and stock their houses with heavily processed grocery items. Some of these people I've known for many years, and none of them are looking too great these days. And it's a problem that isn't going to correct itself the older one gets without making dietary changes.

It doesn't even necessarily mean going full vegan, or totally eliminating salt. It does, however, mean making some changes in eating and definitely means cutting down portion sizes.

I was at a Chili's about a month ago. Not a place I like going to, but I was outvoted. So we go there. After considerable time scanning the menu, I asked the waitress if I could have a plain piece of salmon without all the sauces and glazes on the menu and rice. She informed me it came with loaded mashed potato. I said I didn't want it, but would pay full price for the dish regardless. She said she would have to check with the manager. The manager comes over and informs me that the menu dish comes with the sauces and glazes on the salmon and the loaded mashed potato in addition to the rice. I ask him if the salmon is marinaded in anything before the sauces and glazes are added onto it. He says no, it's a plain piece of salmon they add the sauces and glazes onto after it is put on the grill. I say, fine, I'm willing to pay full price for the dish, and have saved you time and labor in the preparation as well as ingredients by way of the sauces, glazes and potato, so I'm unsure as to why there is a problem. He thinks about it for a moment, then nods his head. No voices were raised, and nobody was being sarcastic.

Then I look at the tables around me and see people at least 50 lbs overweight eating whole racks of ribs, massive cheeseburgers, buffalo chicken dipped in several ounces of blue cheese dressing and the like, washing this stuff down with tall glass after tall glass of soda. Fuck me, I don't want to end up like that. But from the looks of the waitress and the manager when I ordered, you would have thought I had farted or something: they literally were confused as to why someone wouldn't want all that deep fried processed shit that place serves and make an effort to eat as little of it as possible with (considering the menu options) the smartest choice available.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Kind of like Kristy. Limited skill set. A one trick pony.
    Slave SESH, the poor retard is being mean to me
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We live in the age of psychological warfare and media is a weapon these days. We all pretty much know what real journalism is. You stay neutral and you tell The Who, what, where, when, how, and why. Real journalists do their own research and that includes doing interviews and even going undercover. The talented journalists got their story and it was factually accurate. That hardly exists anymore. We have propaganda mills and Breitbart is one of them. Some of these outfits actually create a psyops. A fake narrative to steer the public a certain way or to divide them. I think it 's the media that has managed to divide the US more than anything. If we didn't watch the media and just lived our lives without anyone telling us how to think we probably would get along better. It's no longer Walter Cronkite going "That's the way it was." Now we have specialized dividing propagandists on one side or the other. Organizing a movement that really goes anywhere is not easy. You can buy some fake protestors and agitators if you have a lot of money but to get something really going that's effective is very hard to do.

Well, for me, the term "the media" is a bit broad. As when someone (not necessarily referring to you, here) makes sweeping generalizations about the media and is all-encompassing: there are so many outlets.

American cable news really isn't something I have a tremendous amount of use for anymore. I never really did, to be honest. Even the networks that would be more reflective of my own viewpoint than others...they all adhere to that conflict-oriented, personality-driven template that was perhaps understandably reflected with the two choices we ended up with for President last fall. Most of that cable news content was focused on (either real, created or inflated) character issues, and precious little on substance or policy. Character is important, to be sure. So is policy substance. In the end, our last election to me came off like the Class Bully fighting the Teacher's Pet in the schoolyard, with all the tv news reporters surrounding them on the playground and yelling things at them to keep the fight going.

There is still some good work being done in print media, specifically periodicals. Possibly because by nature of NOT being on 24/7 or having a daily deadline, these journals and publications have the advantage of being able to actually reflect on issues rather than the amoeba-like stimulus response of the cable shows. PBS Frontline still does some good stuff far as tv goes.

I don't mind ideologically-oriented news sources and am not hesitant to expose myself to them, even if I disagree. I can't learn anything I don't already know (and correct myself on things I think I already know which may not prove to be true) if I just put the blinders on and the earplugs in. However, I am reflexively wary of any outlet who claims to have cornered the market on "The Truth" and I too would know "The Truth" if only I opened my eyes and ears, and if I fail to do so I am clearly not credible by default. Alex Jones comes to mind when I think of this. So does Breitbart. That those two factions seemingly have sway in shaping our president's rationale is troublesome to me, mostly because one (Breitbart) has such a narrow worldview, and the other (Jones) is fucking nuts.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Beyond all of that, it seems like as a nation more and more citizens are reaching the conclusion that "the mainstream media" are intentionally lying to them about "the facts" whenever a story is reported which reaches conclusions that don't "feel right" or conflict with what said citizens believe to be true.

It's all good and well to have beliefs, but I would think most agree those beliefs deserve to have a basis in provable factual information to be held so dear. Religion being the obvious exception to this. Maybe some are more comforted with "faith based" facts, or "alternative facts" as Kellyanne Conway recently put it. Initially, I thought she had meant to say "alternative interpretations" and had merely misspoke, but I suppose not since she never corrected what she said.

Like, people will see a news panel on CNN, and one of the guests will say something and back it up with statistics from a government study. More and more, what I'm hearing from those who disagree isn't merely that the government study could be wrong due to flaws in the scientific method by which the government study collected the data, rather that the government is intentionally, deliberately falsifying the data as part of a conspiracy against "The Truth"...yet, when you ask these people what the ACTUAL data is, they either a) have no answer or b) if they do have an answer are then unable to say how THEY came reach THEIR conclusion in terms of provable data. As in, "well, if the government is lying, how do you KNOW that?" "I just do, because the government ALWAYS lies." Well, where the fuck does one go from there, you know?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Well, for me, the term "the media" is a bit broad. As when someone (not necessarily referring to you, here) makes sweeping generalizations about the media and is all-encompassing: there are so many outlets.

American cable news really isn't something I have a tremendous amount of use for anymore. I never really did, to be honest. Even the networks that would be more reflective of my own viewpoint than others...they all adhere to that conflict-oriented, personality-driven template that was perhaps understandably reflected with the two choices we ended up with for President last fall. Most of that cable news content was focused on (either real, created or inflated) character issues, and precious little on substance or policy. Character is important, to be sure. So is policy substance. In the end, our last election to me came off like the Class Bully fighting the Teacher's Pet in the schoolyard, with all the tv news reporters surrounding them on the playground and yelling things at them to keep the fight going.

There is still some good work being done in print media, specifically periodicals. Possibly because by nature of NOT being on 24/7 or having a daily deadline, these journals and publications have the advantage of being able to actually reflect on issues rather than the amoeba-like stimulus response of the cable shows. PBS Frontline still does some good stuff far as tv goes.

I don't mind ideologically-oriented news sources and am not hesitant to expose myself to them, even if I disagree. I can't learn anything I don't already know (and correct myself on things I think I already know which may not prove to be true) if I just put the blinders on and the earplugs in. However, I am reflexively wary of any outlet who claims to have cornered the market on "The Truth" and I too would know "The Truth" if only I opened my eyes and ears, and if I fail to do so I am clearly not credible by default. Alex Jones comes to mind when I think of this. So does Breitbart. That those two factions seemingly have sway in shaping our president's rationale is troublesome to me, mostly because one (Breitbart) has such a narrow worldview, and the other (Jones) is fucking nuts.
    Yeah media is a broad term but television shows, movies, and even sports have become politicized now. The NFL being a good example. If you can control the culture you control the politics. Who controls the media and the education controls politics in theory. We really should be a left leaning country and the big cities are. It's the people who live in the rural areas who aren't leaning that way. The country election map of the nation shows the situation. Oddly enough a billionaire from one of the most liberal cities in the country connected with rural America. A place he has spent no time in. Political junkies are having a hey day studying the dynamic. The left is still in shock Hillary lost because their data shows she should have mopped the floor with Trump. One thing that is apparent is there is a large percentage of the country who don't seem to be influenced by the mass media anymore. I think it's the law of diminishing returns. People want to watch a show or a sporting event to escape stuff like politics. You start politicizing stuff and you turn people off. I think that's part of it.

6. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-21-2017)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    To be honest I haven't watched CNN since Rudi Bakhtiar was on it and the only reason I watched was to whack off to Rudi Bakhtiar.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It would be interesting if someone started a alternative media site called REAL NEWS and stayed politically neutral and just did real reporting. Would it be too boring? I talk to people who work in marketing and our society runs on sound bites. The attention spans are really short and to be honest there are people in here who can articulate what they believe in or a point they are making better than the average American can. The IQ on this website is actually higher than what's wandering around out there. Most people today can't articulate anything. That's why they vote for celebrities. Arnold won California with zero political experience because he was in movies. Trump won without any political experience because he's a celebrity. Obama was a do nothing senator who came from nowhere but they marketed him as a celebrity. It's about celebrity and I'm afraid you could have a very well qualified candidate for office with a impressive list of accomplishments and the citizens will choose the celebrity over substance. Sounds like ancient Rome going down with the bread and circuses and maybe we are there.

9. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-21-2017)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Beyond all of that, it seems like as a nation more and more citizens are reaching the conclusion that "the mainstream media" are intentionally lying to them about "the facts" whenever a story is reported which reaches conclusions that don't "feel right" or conflict with what said citizens believe to be true.

It's all good and well to have beliefs, but I would think most agree those beliefs deserve to have a basis in provable factual information to be held so dear. Religion being the obvious exception to this. Maybe some are more comforted with "faith based" facts, or "alternative facts" as Kellyanne Conway recently put it. Initially, I thought she had meant to say "alternative interpretations" and had merely misspoke, but I suppose not since she never corrected what she said.

Like, people will see a news panel on CNN, and one of the guests will say something and back it up with statistics from a government study. More and more, what I'm hearing from those who disagree isn't merely that the government study could be wrong due to flaws in the scientific method by which the government study collected the data, rather that the government is intentionally, deliberately falsifying the data as part of a conspiracy against "The Truth"...yet, when you ask these people what the ACTUAL data is, they either a) have no answer or b) if they do have an answer are then unable to say how THEY came reach THEIR conclusion in terms of provable data. As in, "well, if the government is lying, how do you KNOW that?" "I just do, because the government ALWAYS lies." Well, where the fuck does one go from there, you know?
    My first job out of college was working for a research firm and statistics are all based on sampling. If your data collection is flawed everything else that is calculated from it is flawed. There are so many variables. Even having a male or a female asking survey questions can affect the data so if you are doing a survey you have to have years of experience on how to properly do one based on the sample. It gets very complicated and it's why I never just take statistical data as gospel. It's too easy to screw up. Another thing to consider is what you just analyzed and got the data on might have changed in relevancy and is no longer relevant to what you are doing. Even if you have good data you can misapply it. It boils down to experience at the end of the day. There are so many data monkey's that just get it wrong and Hillary's campaign team are a good example. They did everything scientifically and still failed.

11. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-21-2017)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

It would be interesting if someone started a alternative media site called REAL NEWS and stayed politically neutral and just did real reporting. Would it be too boring?
    Already done.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    To be honest I haven't watched CNN since Rudi Bakhtiar was on it and the only reason I watched was to whack off to Rudi Bakhtiar.
    Fair enough.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Even Breitfart had enough of Milo. They asked Cheeto to break the news to him....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    What? No report on his latest press conference slave FORD? You know, the one where he says to the media for his downfall "fuck you for that."

When Grumpy Trumpy drafts your lazy ass and put you in a border concentration labor camp to build his wall YOUR going to remember this moment

Thread Information