Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

As Calls Grow to Impeach Trump, John Dean Sees "Echoes of Watergate"

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was more boring and predictable then watching a petting zoo monkey throw its feces at slave SESH Amy Goodman is an asshole, slave FORD However much you want Grumpy Trumpy out of office going to the Jew media like Goodwin won't help. John Dean (who is also Jewish) has a book to sell hopefully to make the quota for his millions advance money. Shame on you slave FORD You are brainwashed beyond all hope.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ha! Ha! In La La Land you hire Russian plumbers.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    just a thought, how many democratics would it take to start impeachments proceedings in the house?

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    qikgts = NSA operative/spy

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jerksmear = Kelleytweaker Conjob's meth dealer.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    TARD, your poor little vagina that you voted with, is in for another surprise just like the little freshmen girl invited to the senior prom that got laid on the way to the gym in the back of a panel van that can't find her date at the end of the night and ends up crying about her lost wrist corsage.

what are you going to do when pocohantas warren loses her seat in 2018?

oh and btw, Kellyanne Conway graduated magna cum laude and has a JD from GW law school and knows that the answer is 2/3 of the house.

go back to your safe space and color with the fags, abortionists, and hollywood hippies and prxx, er, hope for 1968.

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kristy = prevaricating imbecilic strumpet / habitué
    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    just a thought, how many democratics would it take to start impeachments proceedings in the house?

It only takes one congressional representative to introduce legislation or propose an inquiry to looking into impeachment proceedings. After that, it would take a majority of the House to then vote "aye" for the proceedings/inquiry to begin.

Highly, highly doubtful that will happen as things stand right now. Short of Sessions or Congress appointing a special prosecutor...and Sessions ain't appointing one on the basis of what is out there now in terms of improprieties. It's not to say that won't happen down the line, but even with all the intelligence leaks about Russian/Trump campaign relationships that have already been publicly printed, there's no Smoking Gun...yet.

And the House Of Reps as it stands right now? There won't be anything close to a majority who would vote to have impeachment proceedings begin. It would take a majority of Republican House Members signing on to get that ball rolling, and most of them are still taking the lay of the land and seeing how much they can get done with the Trump Administration in terms of like-minded legislation.

If 2018 turns out to be a disaster for the GOP (and I wouldn't even put even money on that right now considering the races/states in play two years from now) and Trump has already shot his wad politically...MAYBE something would get rolling only IF there's enough evidence in the bag at the outset to virtually guarantee Trump's ouster in the end: they will only do it if they are loaded for bear and have the kill shot lined up, because if you don't have enough firepower and you miss...
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    It only takes one congressional representative to introduce legislation or propose an inquiry to looking into impeachment proceedings. After that, it would take a majority of the House to then vote "aye" for the proceedings/inquiry to begin.

Highly, highly doubtful that will happen as things stand right now. Short of Sessions or Congress appointing a special prosecutor...and Sessions ain't appointing one on the basis of what is out there now in terms of improprieties. It's not to say that won't happen down the line, but even with all the intelligence leaks about Russian/Trump campaign relationships that have already been publicly printed, there's no Smoking Gun...yet.

And the House Of Reps as it stands right now? There won't be anything close to a majority who would vote to have impeachment proceedings begin. It would take a majority of Republican House Members signing on to get that ball rolling, and most of them are still taking the lay of the land and seeing how much they can get done with the Trump Administration in terms of like-minded legislation.

If 2018 turns out to be a disaster for the GOP (and I wouldn't even put even money on that right now considering the races/states in play two years from now) and Trump has already shot his wad politically...MAYBE something would get rolling only IF there's enough evidence in the bag at the outset to virtually guarantee Trump's ouster in the end: they will only do it if they are loaded for bear and have the kill shot lined up, because if you don't have enough firepower and you miss...
    Terry, those are great points. The Dems are shooting sour grapes and before Obama had done anything he had won the peace prize.

Trump is an old school democrat and will find a way to make deals that they like and he likes. But impeachment talk is echo chamber speak. The Dems are beyond chaotic. What do they have like 6 governors?

The RINO's will be Trump's problem, gang of 8 crap and mavericks. The Dems will throw everything at him and if Trump can survive this first year, the Dems and the RINO lackeys will be obsolete and irrelevant afterward.

Tell you what, if Trump gives amnesty to illegal aliens, then we'll address this again.

Just the way I see it.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    Terry, those are great points. The Dems are shooting sour grapes and before Obama had done anything he had won the peace prize.

Trump is an old school democrat and will find a way to make deals that they like and he likes. But impeachment talk is echo chamber speak. The Dems are beyond chaotic. What do they have like 6 governors?

The RINO's will be Trump's problem, gang of 8 crap and mavericks. The Dems will throw everything at him and if Trump can survive this first year, the Dems and the RINO lackeys will be obsolete and irrelevant afterward.

Tell you what, if Trump gives amnesty to illegal aliens, then we'll address this again.

Just the way I see it.
    I'd agree that solidified Democratic Congressional opposition alone probably won't be enough to get the job done: they couldn't even effectively block the likes of Davos, Carson, Perry or Sessions. I'd also agree that even outside the beltway on the state level, outside of the west coast, patches of the north and the block of the northeast, Democratic control of state and local legislatures has eroded over the last decade to where they will be hard-pressed to roll back federal initiatives by the Trump Administration.

I'd also agree that RINO's who aren't particularly beholden to Trump will be the weak spot for Trump. If enough of those start to abandon him and throw their lot in with the Democratic Congressional opposition, Trump could be in real trouble. Ryan and McConnell are pretty wobbly in terms of loyalty to Trump. They have been willing to hitch up to his wagon to possibly realize their legislative goals (inasmuch as either of them actually HAVE any - the anti-Obama rhetoric served them well when all they had to do was play defense via obstruction, but austerity in terms of financial disbursement and legislation will only get you so far because at some point your constituents are going to actually want you to DO SOMETHING for them), but they won't hesitate to distance themselves from Trump in a heart beat if he goes into a death spiral...no matter how much both of them might like Mike Pence, they aren't going to sacrifice themselves for Trump. They're not Trump Believers.

Far as the Democrats becoming obsolete and irrelevant, far too early to say for certain this will be the way that plays out. Trump could well go down and take a whole bunch of Republicans with him. We just don't know yet how any of this is going to play out.

I'd also agree Trump could do Big Idea Liberal Moon Shots via Executive Order (such as your amnesty example) to counter the political fallout of these Russian revelations. How Trump's base of voters would react to such a thing would be...interesting to say the least.

I didn't vote for Trump, and my opinion of him is very low. Even so, this shouldn't mean I have to be clouded by emotion and not look carefully at where things are politically and make calm, measured decisions (or have a simple dialogue - as opposed to a screaming match - with someone who has different political views or supported a different candidate than I did) based on facts and not feelings. I think the Democratic Party on the whole will be better served tempering the emotion and focusing it on legislative, legal and elective measures to achieve their political goals. Continually frothing at the mouth is an energy-depleting activity after awhile. You can't sustain full-on outrage forever: eventually you will burn yourself out.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think you are seeing two pathetic corrupt political parties on their way out and a dysfunctional and corrupt federal government in the early stages of devolution. Half the country hates the other half and all this is bigger than the politicians in Washington. It's going to eventually devolve to the state level and some states might want to pair up and leave the union. The west coast and New England very well could go their own way. The whole Russian collaborator story is BS. Generals and Senators communicate with the Russians. Nothing new. It's the Democrats and media making mountains out of nothing.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I think you are seeing two pathetic corrupt political parties on their way out and a dysfunctional and corrupt federal government in the early stages of devolution. Half the country hates the other half and all this is bigger than the politicians in Washington. It's going to eventually devolve to the state level and some states might want to pair up and leave the union. The west coast and New England very well could go their own way. The whole Russian collaborator story is BS. Generals and Senators communicate with the Russians. Nothing new. It's the Democrats and media making mountains out of nothing.
    I wouldn't say it's nothing, since we don't even know the full extent of the contacts yet, much less the full extent of what was said...or if the contacts were initiated at the specific request of Trump.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The whole Russian collaborator story is BS. Generals and Senators communicate with the Russians. Nothing new. It's the Democrats and media making mountains out of nothing.
    That's definitely very possible but if that is the case why do they keep lying about it?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Just like it was "nothing" in 1968 when the BCE undermined LBJ's efforts to end the Vietnam War and leave his pal Hubert Humphrey with a clean slate, but then the BCE promised the VC a "better deal" if they held out for Nixon to be elected.

Just like it was nothing in 1980, when Poppy and his friend Bill Casey ran a virtual rerun of that same play - only with Iran playing the part of Vietnam, and a hostage crisis instead of a war.

Acts of treason on both counts. And Carter probably would have been re-elected, had the Iranian mess been ended before election day. Which means every fucked up thing that has happened in this country (and elsewhere as a result) for the past 36 years could have been avoided if not for that one act of treason.

I don't know if Humphrey would have won in 1968. But Bobby Kennedy would have..... of course an entirely different sort of treasonous act made that impossible

Last edited by FORD; 03-03-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    That's definitely very possible but if that is the case why do they keep lying about it?
    Exactly.

If there wasn't anything inherently wrong with the conversations, then why bother denying they took place?

It's the lie that gets you.

Then again, Trump told so many lies during the campaign and wound up being President for his troubles: perhaps his underlings felt they could lie too without any consequences.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Just like it was "nothing" in 1968 when the BCE undermined LBJ's efforts to end the Vietnam War and leave his pal Hubert Humphrey with a clean slate, but then the BCE promised the VC a "better deal" if they held out for Nixon to be elected.

Just like it was nothing in 1980, when Poppy and his friend Bill Casey ran a virtual rerun of that same play - only with Iran playing the part of Vietnam, and a hostage crisis instead of a war.

Acts of treason on both counts. And Carter probably would have been re-elected, had the Iranian mess been ended before election day. Which means every fucked up thing that has happened in this country (and elsewhere as a result) for the past 36 years could have been avoided if not for that one act of treason.

I don't know if Humphrey would have won in 1968. But Bobby Kennedy would have..... of course an entirely different sort of treasonous act made that impossible

This has nothing to do with the current situation. Everyone and their mistress talked with the Russians. This is just partisan politicians and yeah I'm well aware of Henry Kissinger extending the Vietnam war but that has nothing to do with what's going on now. Both parties are corrupt. It cracks me up that we had Eric Holder as an attorney general who was nothing but a crook and nothing happens to him but the Democrats have their panties in a bind that Sessions talked to a Russian ambassador when everyone in the Senate pretty much did the same or more. They are trying to spin he committed perjury. If this was a regular court case it would be thrown out of court because there is no meat to the case. This is just more partisan politics because the Democrat Party can't accept they lost the election and the crooks in it are scared to death they are going to be prosecuted and there has been plenty of worse things done than talking to a Russian ambassador at the Heritage Foundation. Try stealing billions of dollars from Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac to shore up the Affordable Care Act. It's not just the Dems there are Republicans who are shitting bricks. They are worried there is going to be an Attorney General who won't look the other way. People are scared of going to jail and if we still hung people for treason they really would be shitting themselves. Why would a guy like Trump run for the presidency? Doing so hurt his business. It put his family and himself through a lot of shit. His quality of life would be better if he never ran. This is why rich people rarely run for public office. It's much easier to just buy the politicians. Trump could just give people like Schumer money and have them suck his cock. Maybe he was concerned if the Washington establishment kept going the way they were we were going hit the wall. Yeah the guy has a big ego and he ran and won. Ben Carson said he ran because he saw the country going over a cliff. He didn't think he would win but he gave it a shot. There probably are more people who ran thinking the same. Trump won. Get over it. The Democrats are just going to continue to look stupid going on witch hunt after witch hunt and do you really think things are going to change if Pence becomes president? It will just be Pence bashing nonstop.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-04-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro express View Post
    this has nothing to do with the current situation. Everyone and their mistress talked with the russians.....
    So why lie about it under oath? FFS...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This has nothing to do with the current situation. Everyone and their mistress talked with the Russians. This is just partisan politicians and yeah I'm well aware of Henry Kissinger extending the Vietnam war but that has nothing to do with what's going on now. Both parties are corrupt. It cracks me up that we had Eric Holder as an attorney general who was nothing but a crook and nothing happens to him but the Democrats have their panties in a bind that Sessions talked to a Russian ambassador when everyone in the Senate pretty much did the same or more. They are trying to spin he committed perjury. If this was a regular court case it would be thrown out of court because there is no meat to the case. This is just more partisan politics because the Democrat Party can't accept they lost the election and the crooks in it are scared to death they are going to be prosecuted and there has been plenty of worse things done than talking to a Russian ambassador at the Heritage Foundation. Try stealing billions of dollars from Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac to shore up the Affordable Care Act. It's not just the Dems there are Republicans who are shitting bricks. They are worried there is going to be an Attorney General who won't look the other way. People are scared of going to jail and if we still hung people for treason they really would be shitting themselves. Why would a guy like Trump run for the presidency? Doing so hurt his business. It put his family and himself through a lot of shit. His quality of life would be better if he never ran. This is why rich people rarely run for public office. It's much easier to just buy the politicians. Trump could just give people like Schumer money and have them suck his cock. Maybe he was concerned if the Washington establishment kept going the way they were we were going hit the wall. Yeah the guy has a big ego and he ran and won. Ben Carson said he ran because he saw the country going over a cliff. He didn't think he would win but he gave it a shot. There probably are more people who ran thinking the same. Trump won. Get over it. The Democrats are just going to continue to look stupid going on witch hunt after witch hunt and do you really think things are going to change if Pence becomes president? It will just be Pence bashing nonstop.
    I'd agree that trying to make wide-sweeping comparisons between this and Watergate, or the 2 Nixon Administrations and their conduct in the Vietnam war probably miss the mark. There are some shared patterns of behavior between the two different circumstances (one current, one historic).

What Eric Holder, Obama, Kissinger, Ben Carson did in regard to previous DoD/DoJ matters and money-shifting of federal outlays between various government agencies (along with the truth that various Democratic officials - both past and present - have engaged in plenty of shenanigans)...ALL of that is largely irrelevant to determining the specifics of these contacts between Trump Campaign/Incoming Administration officials. If the idea is "the Democrats have also done shady stuff so therefore these Russian contacts shouldn't be investigated"...well, no sale on that one from me. If there turns out not to have been any collusion between said Trump Campaign/Transition officials and various Russian contacts in regard to undermining the outcome of the election or undercutting Obama's sanctions, and the Democrats pushing for an investigation KNOW this already and persist anyway, THAT would be despicable on the part of the Democrats.

Are Democrats hoping that Trump will be removed from office? Yep. Are they spinning something out of nothing regarding these Russian contacts to achieve that goal? I'd like to think not, although right now NOBODY can determine that for sure one way or the other. Logic tends to dictate if there really is nothing there, then Dems wouldn't want to continue investigating. However, that same logic would also tend to dictate that Trump officials wouldn't be lying about the contacts having been made in the first place (much less the frequency...or, more importantly, the nature).

Why would a guy like Trump run for the presidency, indeed? We don't know for certain that doing so hurt his various businesses because WE STILL DON'T KNOW THE EXACT NATURE of where Trump stood financially in the years leading up to the run...and we still don't know today.

Thread Information