Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

When Crazy Met Crazy to talk some crazy shit.....

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    Old news.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

The most annoying comment you see under this story and Jones in general are all the people that say 'He talks shit a lot of the time but some of the things he says are true'.

Such a fucking dumb way to get your information about the world...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Jones was too sick to show up to a Sandy Hook deposition but hosted a FOUR hour InfoWhores show...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Crazy like a fox. Jones still manages to get attention in a day of endless podcasts. He’s gotten fatter. I wonder what his blood pressure is like. Probably through the roof.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    God. Alex Jones and the Young Turks. They deserve each other. I don't know why people bother with either of them. Both are as about as stable as a brahma bull at a rodeo with a vibrator shoved up it's ass.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alex Jones Gets Scolded During Really Crappy Day in Court
    BENCH-SLAPPED
    “I don’t want to see the inside of your mouth,” Judge Maya Guerra Gamble flatly told the conspiracy theorist as he attempted to show her his molars.

THE DAILEY BEAST
    AJ McDougall
    Breaking News Reporter
    Updated Aug. 02, 2022 7:48PM ET / Published Aug. 02, 2022 4:54PM ET

Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters
    For a man so up in arms about being thrust in front of a “kangaroo court,” Alex Jones appears to be trying his hardest to make a mockery of the ongoing defamation suit brought against him by Sandy Hook parents.

The final afternoon of scheduled testimony in Jones’ two-week trial got off to a rocky start on Tuesday, with the judge presiding over the Austin case reprimanding the notorious conspiracy theorist as he appeared to chew something in court.

“Spit your gum out, Mr. Jones,” said Judge Maya Guerra Gamble, eyeing Jones grimly from behind the bench.

“It’s not gum,” the far-right broadcaster retorted immediately. Jones claimed that he’d had a tooth pulled late last month and that he was massaging the hole in his mouth with his tongue.

“Would you like me to show ya?” he asked, leaning in.

“... I don’t want to see the inside of your mouth,” Gamble said, admonishing him to “sit down.”

The terse exchange came after a morning of emotional testimony from plaintiff Neil Heslin, the father of 6-year-old Sandy Hook massacre victim Jesse Lewis. Heslin and Lewis’ mother, Scarlett Lewis, are seeking at least $150 million from Jones and his media company, Free Speech Systems, in compensatory damages. (Free Speech Systems filed for federal bankruptcy protection last week, according to the Austin American-Statesman, though this is not expected to impact the trial.)

The parents contend in their 2018 lawsuit that Jones baselessly claimed the massacre was a hoax orchestrated by the government, dragging them—and other Sandy Hook families—through years of harassment and pain.

“I can’t even describe the last nine and a half years, the living hell that I and others have had to endure because of the recklessness and negligence of Alex Jones,” Heslin said.

Jones was not present in court during Heslin’s testimony, the Associated Press reported. Heslin criticized his absence, calling it “cowardly.”

“Today is very important to me and it’s been a long time coming... to face Alex Jones for what he said and did to me. To restore the honor and legacy of my son,” he said.

Jones went so far as to take potshots at the families from afar, calling them “pawns” in an episode of his Infowars show that aired Tuesday, according to Media Matters for America. He claimed that Heslin was autistic, saying he thought the father was acting “like somebody on the spectrum.”

Later in the episode, an aggrieved Jones blasted Gamble and the lawyers representing Lewis’ parents, calling them “caricatures of what you would imagine in some alternate universe of dwarf goblins.”

“It’s demonic,” he added. “They all act demonically possessed. The judge, the lawyers. It’s surreal to be around them. And it makes you feel sorry for them because these people are committed to occult ideology of the new world order.”

Footage from the episode was introduced by the prosecution in court later that same day, while Scarlett Lewis was on the stand. Asked how the clip made her feel, she leveled her gaze at Jones, who had arrived at the Texas courthouse at that point.

“It’s horrific. Horrific. Horrific,” she said, according to the Independent.

Jones, who has attempted to spin the complaint against him as an attack on his First Amendment rights, had rolled up to the courthouse after the morning session. A piece of duct tape covering his mouth had the phrase “Save the 1st” plastered across it.

To reporters outside, Jones raged against Judge Gamble, accusing her rigging the trial. “All I did was speculate and ask questions—I have a right to do that,” he fumed.

Later on Tuesday, Jones himself took to the stand. Asked by his attorney F. Andino Reynal how he was feeling, he replied, “I actually feel good. Because I get a chance to—for the first time—say what’s really going on instead of the corporate media high powered law firms manipulating what I actually did.”

The defense’s only witness, Jones was almost immediately at loggerheads with Gamble once again, complaining that Lewis had been allowed “to monologue,” and he wasn’t.

Jones’ testimony, which lasted for over an hour, was frequently punctuated by bursts of coughing that he blamed on a “torn larynx.” The coughing became so bad that Gamble eventually passed him a lozenge. He thanked her.

“That’s the exception to the food in the courtroom [rule],” Gamble said, to weak laughter.

Off the back of further questions from Reynal, Jones was quick to claim that he “never intentionally tried to hurt” Lewis and Heslin. He also pounced on the opportunity to challenge the introduction of the Infowars clip, protesting that it was “not fair” that the footage had been cut down to less than a minute.

Reynal, reportedly the eleventh lawyer to formally represent Jones in the case, had to rein his client in as he swerved dangerously close to tinfoil-hat territory. “Let’s slow down a bit,” the attorney said, after Jones testified that he viewed his job as a means to reveal “the matrix” to his audience.

(Reynal himself has been rebuked by Gamble a number of times over the course of the trial, including at least twice for chewing gum in her courtroom, according to a Texas Monthly reporter. In another instance, he had to apologize after he used his middle finger to flip off Mark Bankston, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, out of Gamble’s sight.)

Jones also found time to claim on the stand that he has not had an email address for the last decade—a claim that is undercut by a March hearing in which a discovery document was produced to contradict it. Under oath, he also told the court that he was bankrupt, which he is not.

Bankston interrupted proceedings at that point to motion to be heard outside the presence of the jury. With the panel out of the room, the prosecutor raised a concern that Reynal was intentionally soliciting false testimony from Jones on the stand.

Gamble concurred. “It seems absurd to tell you again that you must tell the truth when you testify, but here I am: You must tell the truth when you testify. This is not your show,” she told Jones.

She continued to chide him, saying, “You are abusing my tolerance and making asides to the jury improperly, and in at least two cases untruthfully.”

“I believe what I said was true,” Jones replied.

“You believe everything you say is true,” Gamble said. “That does not make it true.”

After Gamble dismissed the jury for the day, Scarlett Lewis approached Jones to hand him a bottle of water. He shook hands with her and Neil Heslin, who trailed behind. In the slightly garbled audio of the livestreamed trial, Jones appeared to apologize “for today.” He began to tell Heslin, “I think people have been—a lot of the stuff you said has been manipulated—” when Bankston, the platinffs' lawyer, stepped in.

“That’s it. We’re not talking to you. And you’re not doing this,” he snapped. “That’s not even a thought. That’s not the way this goes.”

“Why? So you can’t feed ’em fake videos anymore?” Jones asked. When told to shut up, he continued: “That’s what you’re trying to do, shut my mouth. You’ll never succeed.”

Someone in the courtroom—it was unclear from the video feed—then brought up Jones’ claim that Heslin was autistic. “Hey, I think I’m autistic too, buddy,” Jones called at the plaintiffs as they filed out of the courtroom.

He will return to the stand on Wednesday morning.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alex Jones’ cellphone records include ‘intimate messages with Roger Stone’

...so apparently it wasn't just the frogs who turned gay??

newstimes.com
    Lawyer: Alex Jones' phone includes messages with Roger Stone
    Lisa Backus

Aug. 4, 2022 Updated: Aug. 4, 2022 12:17 p.m.

AUSTIN, TEXAS — The attorney for a Sandy Hook family says the U.S. House Jan. 6 committee has requested a copy of Alex Jones’ cellphone records that the Infowars owner’s lawyer mistakenly gave to the attorney.

Attorney Mark Bankston told a Texas judge during a hearing on Thursday morning that the records include “intimate messages with Roger Stone,” an ally of former President Donald Trump who was subpoeaned by the House committee alongside Jones last year.

The judge, meanwhile, refused to call for a mistrial in the Sandy Hook defamation awards trial after Jones’ attorney filed a protective order Thursday morning seeking to bar the parents that his client defamed from using the emails and text messages.

Attorney Andino Reynal, representing Jones, called for a mistrial while seeking the order, after it was revealed during Wednesday’s testimony that he had inadvertently sent attorneys for Sandy Hook parents Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin volumes of information including texts and emails from his client to others, including Donald Trump ally Roger Stone.

Reynal contended that he had asked Bankston, representing Lewis and Heslin, to disregard the link to the information. Bankston said he didn’t have to since Reynal never formally requested that privileged or confidential information be removed.

The texts and emails showed Jones had been communicating with others about Sandy Hook in recent years, Bankston said. Jones had said on the stand this week that he searched his phone and didn’t have any communications on Sandy Hook.

The hearing was held as the jury is deliberating how much in compensation Heslin and Lewis should receive for being defamed by Jones who repeatedly called the death of their son a “hoax” committed by “crisis actors.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Staff writers Jordan Nathaniel Fenster and John Moritz contributed to this story.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Literally the worst thing that can happen to any human is that their child be murdered.

To then be called that a lie and have people attack you for having your child murdered, is that not the worst possible defamation anyone can think of to use as a way to sell fake medical products?

They get 1/4 of the Johnny Depp award split 25 ways?

I get that none of any of this is actually what gets paid out in the end but like mass murderers getting 200 years should Jones not get hit with 100 million or more to send a message?
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-04-2022 at 08:29 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    I thought it was two of the Sandy Hook families bringing the suit.

4 mil is the compensatory damages. Reports now state it is likely there will be another hearing to attach punitive damages, which could be much higher than the compensatory.

I guess it was ten of the Sandy Hook families who brought the suits.

Even if additional punitive damages are won, all the civil suit awards the families is a piece of paper saying Jones owes them money. The families have to then extract the money from Jones. If Jones doesn't willingly pay up, the families have to bring additional legal actions against Jones to physically get the money (forfeiture of assets/properties, etc.), and how much longer or how much willpower do the families have to keep fighting Jones?

Clearly, Jones doesn't want to pay them anything, although he did helpfully offer to interview them on his Infowars show.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    God. Alex Jones and the Young Turks. They deserve each other. I don't know why people bother with either of them. Both are as about as stable as a brahma bull at a rodeo with a vibrator shoved up it's ass.
    I used to sort of enjoy TYT ten, twelve years back. Back when youtube was really beginning to pop in a big way, before everybody else and their brother had a youtube channel commenting on politics, or movies or whatever. I will say TYT was willing to flat-out say what a weak candidate Clinton was in 2016 and that Trump had a much better chance of winning long before any of the traditional, non-internet pundits could even concede such a thing was reality. If nothing else, at least TYT took an ideological stand as opposed to the ridiculous 'objectivity' stance the old Big Three took via the Sunday political roundtable shows.

About a half year into Trump's term, frankly the constant freak out on the part of TYT, the Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times just wore me out. The last I saw a few years ago, Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur were calling Jimmy Dore a misogynist. Then I looked at their subscribers vs. the amount of views their clips were getting, and it struck me as sad but typical of every progressive movement in that the numbers start to dwindle and in the end the core group always ends up turning against one another.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jimmy Dore completely lost his mind. First he was a hardcore anti-vaxxer. Then he started bringing Boogaloo Nazis on his show and treating their sick ideas as completely valid. Since then he's turned into a full-blown Putin cheerleader. Dunno whether the guy had a legitimate mental breakdown, or if he just found out a way to cash in on this, and he's just playing a character like Stephen Colbert did on his old Comedy Central show. If that's what he's going for, he's failing miserably.

As far as the misogyny goes, my understanding is most of that had to do with things that happened off camera at TYT, when Dore used to work there. Sexual harassment of Ana & other female employees, apparently. I wasn't in the room for any of that, obviously, so I can't swear to one side or the other being true.... but given how far Jimmy has fallen on his own, I know which version of the story is more likely.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alex Jones must pay $4.1 million to Sandy Hook parents, jury finds

https://news.yahoo.com/alex-jones-sa...214026160.html

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Jury is reportedly weighing punitive damages as of this moment.

Jones reportedly got an 8mil bitcoin gift from a mega-donor over the past week.

Nobody seems to have a handle on what Jones or Infowars is actually currently worth in real dollars, which is something the jury is apparently trying to determine re: the punitive amount awarded the plaintiffs, should there be one.

The jury is free to award the plaintiffs what they feel is proper. If said amount is enough to put Jones/Infowars out of business may not necessarily be the primary factor motivating the jury.

From what I've seen and heard, it doesn't appear based on what Jones has said outside of the courtroom while the trial has taken place that he is contrite in the least or sees himself as anything other than the ultimate victim of the suits. I'd be willing to wager he (finally) said what he said on the stand regarding Sandy Hook being an actual event that happened solely because even he (finally) saw that he couldn't use the courtroom as a surrogate for his Infowars show (neither the judge nor the plaintiff's attorney would allow it) where [Jones] gets to say whatever he wants to say whenever it pops into his head and go unchallenged.

Out of other options, Jones had a choice. To testify that he still thought Sandy Hook was a government conspiracy production full of false actors, or to testify that Sandy Hook was a mass shooting perpetrated by a disturbed young man. Outside of the courtroom, Jones claimed he was being railroaded by a kangaroo court and visually equated the presiding judge to that of a satanic force. Inside the courtroom, on the stand, he was respectful to the judge and the Sandy Hook families. In other words, confronted with a probable financial loss to whatever degree, Jones chose that of cowardice.

A meager financial penalty against Jones will be little more than a speedbump for him. Nobody believes he or Infowars are currently on the verge of (or even close to) bankruptcy.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Jimmy Dore completely lost his mind. First he was a hardcore anti-vaxxer. Then he started bringing Boogaloo Nazis on his show and treating their sick ideas as completely valid. Since then he's turned into a full-blown Putin cheerleader. Dunno whether the guy had a legitimate mental breakdown, or if he just found out a way to cash in on this, and he's just playing a character like Stephen Colbert did on his old Comedy Central show. If that's what he's going for, he's failing miserably.

As far as the misogyny goes, my understanding is most of that had to do with things that happened off camera at TYT, when Dore used to work there. Sexual harassment of Ana & other female employees, apparently. I wasn't in the room for any of that, obviously, so I can't swear to one side or the other being true.... but given how far Jimmy has fallen on his own, I know which version of the story is more likely.
    Was never a particular fan of Dore's. He seemed to function best as a secondary roundtable commentator circa 2016 or so. His personality to my eyes and ears is more obnoxious and overbearing over extended periods of time than it is humorous or insightful. I liked his periodic chiming in in a roundtable setting. Tried his...what the fuck was it...the 'Aggressive Progressive' or 'The Jimmy Dore Report' - where it was just him onscreen talking - once, made it about five minutes in and had the same sensation that I did when I saw National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure. The sensation being that much like Cousin Eddie, Jimmy Dore is a guy who worked best for me within small amounts of screentime. Nothing but Jimmy Dore full-on ten minutes or more is like those SNL movies based on repeated characters that worked okay for 5 minutes on tv: trying to stretch them out to a 90-minute feature film length rarely worked out at all, much less worked out well.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Over $45 million...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yep.

The NYT online published an article online yesterday while the jury were still deliberating the punitive damages. The article had some rounded dollar amounts of assets vs. debts for Alex Jones, Infowars and the parent company, Free Speech Systems, LLC. The info was culled from what the forensic accountant for the plaintiffs was able to deduce via financial records. Lot of hide-the-shell/robbing Peter to pay Paul sloshing around of payments and debts between the three components, none of which is uncommon in business.

Jones clearly can pay the settlement in terms of being financially able to.

Then again, it's Alex Jones. He'll keep wiggling like a bloated worm on a hook. Appeals, transferring more money than he already has to shell companies, more bankruptcy claims, doubtless casting himself as not only the ultimate victim but (I would say incredibly enough, then again it is Alex Jones) the one person who did the most to HELP the Sandy Hook families.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Then again, it's Alex Jones. He'll keep wiggling like a bloated worm on a hook. Appeals, transferring more money than he already has to shell companies, more bankruptcy claims,...
    Yeah, I'd hate to be the judge or jury that overturns that decision.
    I hope the familes (& their lawyers) are able to hang in there until the payout.

...doubtless casting himself as not only the ultimate victim ...
    Too late - we already have one of those:

Trump Calls Himself ‘The Most Persecuted Person in the History of Our Country’
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-ca...f-our-country/

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yep.

The NYT online published an article online yesterday while the jury were still deliberating the punitive damages. The article had some rounded dollar amounts of assets vs. debts for Alex Jones, Infowars and the parent company, Free Speech Systems, LLC. The info was culled from what the forensic accountant for the plaintiffs was able to deduce via financial records. Lot of hide-the-shell/robbing Peter to pay Paul sloshing around of payments and debts between the three components, none of which is uncommon in business.

Jones clearly can pay the settlement in terms of being financially able to.

Then again, it's Alex Jones. He'll keep wiggling like a bloated worm on a hook. Appeals, transferring more money than he already has to shell companies, more bankruptcy claims, doubtless casting himself as not only the ultimate victim but (I would say incredibly enough, then again it is Alex Jones) the one person who did the most to HELP the Sandy Hook families.
    For being a guy who sells health supplements he looks like shit. He was on some show, I think it was Joe Rogan and Alex had that sound in his voice that people with congestive heart failure have. The dude is headed for a corinary. I think the biggest mistake the public make is giving the guy any attention. He’s a nobody. Alex Jones has as much of an effect on the world as a dog farting.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I used to sort of enjoy TYT ten, twelve years back. Back when youtube was really beginning to pop in a big way, before everybody else and their brother had a youtube channel commenting on politics, or movies or whatever. I will say TYT was willing to flat-out say what a weak candidate Clinton was in 2016 and that Trump had a much better chance of winning long before any of the traditional, non-internet pundits could even concede such a thing was reality. If nothing else, at least TYT took an ideological stand as opposed to the ridiculous 'objectivity' stance the old Big Three took via the Sunday political roundtable shows.

About a half year into Trump's term, frankly the constant freak out on the part of TYT, the Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times just wore me out. The last I saw a few years ago, Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur were calling Jimmy Dore a misogynist. Then I looked at their subscribers vs. the amount of views their clips were getting, and it struck me as sad but typical of every progressive movement in that the numbers start to dwindle and in the end the core group always ends up turning against one another.
    All these shows are junk food. They claim they are the new news media. Yeah right, it’s all partisan babble. Real journalism is nuetral and sadly it no longer exists. It’s been replaced by pundits, propagandists and charlatans. They all sell fear. People who constantly listen to these schmuck’s end up having a shitty attitude and become the kind of people you want to avoid.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Alex Jones will just file bankruptcy and file court appeals and as long as he has cash flow his show goes on. I notice he’s selling penis enhancement pills now. Well Alex is a huge dick so if you want a dick as big as Alex buy his pills. Anyways it’s a ridiculous lawsuit against a ridiculous show but it just shows how much free speech is being attacked. Libel is one thing but getting sued for huge money because you have an opinion? Nobody is safe with that sort of trend.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All these shows are junk food. They claim they are the new news media. Yeah right, it’s all partisan babble. Real journalism is nuetral and sadly it no longer exists. It’s been replaced by pundits, propagandists and charlatans. They all sell fear. People who constantly listen to these schmuck’s end up having a shitty attitude and become the kind of people you want to avoid.

Bone broth!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alex Jones will just file bankruptcy and file court appeals and as long as he has cash flow his show goes on...
    Okay, open up your books Jones! LOL it ain't that easy, he's not just getting out of this crying poverty!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The court was ran like shit. Jones can afford very good lawyers and what might fly in an Austin court won’t fly at the state level in Texas. If Alex Jones slandered someone there might be a case but expressing an opinion is a different matter. Jones will milk this into cash flow as well. It’s called law fare where you use the courts to harass your enemy and either financially break them or wear them down to where they quit. A guy like Alex Jones thinks this shit is fun. He loves it. He’s a different duck. It hurts so good! He loves the attention.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    For being a guy who sells health supplements he looks like shit. He was on some show, I think it was Joe Rogan and Alex had that sound in his voice that people with congestive heart failure have. The dude is headed for a corinary. I think the biggest mistake the public make is giving the guy any attention. He’s a nobody. Alex Jones has as much of an effect on the world as a dog farting.
    Well, in terms of effect, apparently Jones's Sandy Hook comments had an effect on Jones's listeners who harassed the Sandy Hook families in the wake of the broadcasts.

I'd agree in world terms Jones probably is the equivalent of a dog farting, although far less cute.
    Last edited by Terry; 08-07-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Frankly, I'm wary of any commentator(s) who act like they have a monopoly on 'The Way' and even more so toward those who follow them with the fervor of a cult member.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yup. As far as InfoWars goes it hosts crazy people like David Icke. I will believe in lizard people when I see one. Alex also has another nut case come on who comes from a bunch of Mormon John Birch Society people. The guy actually makes a living building bunkers. So Alex is a strange mix of New Age and esoteric Christianity. He seems to hate most organized religions including evangelical churches. It really smells like Coast to Coast AM which both shows have the same type guests. Alex isn’t have Ed Dames come on and the InfoWars store isn’t selling a remote viewing kit but give them time. They have legal bills to pay.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yeah but you have to be careful going after people like Jones. You can open Pandora’s box where people will be scared to say anything and society does not benefit from that.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You can open Pandora’s box where people will be scared to say anything and society does not benefit from that.
    Yeah, no.

There are reprecussions to false statements you make.

Many of the people who cry infringments on '"free speech" are totally clueless.

If what you say is factual and legitimate, you have nothing to worry about.
    If you make some ridiculous statement like (allegedly & for example) "Natro
    Exprass loves to have homosexual contact and makes videos with with underage
    children" well, that is something the speaker should be held accountable for (if
    it is untrue.)

If you make false statements - knowingly or otherwise - you gotta pay.
    If that scares people to be cautious or second guess their on-line comments I don't
    think that's a bad thing.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You gave an example of slander and you can be prosecuted for that. Oddly enough if you slander a public figure the law is quite lenient on that. Maybe the tabloid rags have a lot of influence to where they are protected.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-08-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    HOMOSEXUAL contact with underage children, no less...

Oh, dear.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's only in the last 5 or 10 years shit like this somehow jumped from crappy novels or crazy conspiracy theories to the real world.

https://www.insider.com/sandy-hook-l...r-stone-2022-8

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alex.... still playing the victim.....

Thread Information