X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    And that's the thing, is once the huckster starts to actually believe his own bullshit, that's when the con usually should start to fall apart.

Of course, some con artists fall apart sooner than others. Some are able to perpetuate their fraud - whatever realm or form that fraud takes place in or becomes - for decades.

The sort of people who believe what Jones is saying...if it weren't Jones, they'd be lining up to believe in some other huckster. These fans aren't the type of people who would be voting for the Democratic Party in any case: Fox News is too centrist for them.
    Alex Jones started off criticizing governor George W. Bush on cable access in Austin, Texas. Alex is a nationalist who views globalism as the enemy. He's against unions like the EU or anything that overrides national sovereignty. So he believes in some rather sophisticated conspiracy theories regarding this. He views himself as a libertarian as many guests on his show do. He views the current Democratic Party as being taken over by globalists and the Republican Party being heavily infiltrated by them. Oddly enough Alex is much like FORD with the exception that Alex leans conservative where FORD leans liberal. Ha! Ha! Alex certainly is a strange individual and maybe what he believes in is genuine but I also think he's stumbled onto a formula that works and he's made a lot of money performing his act. Success and money are huge corruptors and he's far from the guy on cable access taking shots at the governor of Texas.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

People say Austin, Texas is a weird place. The city prides itself on being weird whatever that means. Well Alex Jones is a weirdo so maybe there is something in the water down there.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        All very true.

The depressing thing is the inability of anyone that takes him seriously to just wind the clock back 6 months at any time and see which of his predictions came true. He's like a shitty (there is no other kind) psychic.

For example he predicted daily about the false flag assassination of Obama for the first year or two of his presidency.

If all these shootings are false flags to get peoples guns, how come the government never tried to do that afterwards? It's like all the nutjob preachers FORD puts up videos of, I think the only sensible response is just to ignore it until it dies on the vine. Ultimately all these guys are about making $, if no one pays them attention they don't make money.
        Oh if the left just ignored Alex he would fade away. What sells Alex is he gets in a pissing match with the left and people love watching a good fight. If the left didn't hit back there is nothing to watch.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          The last preacher in my family died in 1987 at the age of 101. Great Grandma was a missionary, but not remotely a nutjob.

She used to tell my mother that I was going to be a preacher. Sometimes I regret not taking her up on the idea. Could use a tax free income that doesn't require continuing education.
          You have to know the scriptures fairly well and you have to be able to put on a show. Most people can't pull it off but if you can why not? Haha! haha!

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Alex Jones started off criticizing governor George W. Bush on cable access in Austin, Texas. Alex is a nationalist who views globalism as the enemy. He's against unions like the EU or anything that overrides national sovereignty. So he believes in some rather sophisticated conspiracy theories regarding this. He views himself as a libertarian as many guests on his show do. He views the current Democratic Party as being taken over by globalists and the Republican Party being heavily infiltrated by them. Oddly enough Alex is much like FORD with the exception that Alex leans conservative where FORD leans liberal. Ha! Ha! Alex certainly is a strange individual and maybe what he believes in is genuine but I also think he's stumbled onto a formula that works and he's made a lot of money performing his act. Success and money are huge corruptors and he's far from the guy on cable access taking shots at the governor of Texas.
            The thing about Jones is he has to keep upping the ante in terms of his histrionics to keep his viewers interested. You see him getting more and more frantic onscreen as the years go by. His appeal in terms of being taken seriously is limited to those who believe events like Sandy Hook were government put up jobs.

I mean, there is a case to be made that a full-on embrace of globalism isn't necessarily in the interests of the American working class. However, that case has to be made by people who have a degree of seriousness to them, and Jones hurts his cause more than he helps it by embracing all these looney, unsubstantiated Pizzagate-type stories and coming across as mentally unhinged. That fringe stuff may be good for Jones's financial bottom line, but little else beyond that.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Apparently now Alex is going for the hip-hop crowd....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Apparently now Alex is going for the hip-hop crowd....

It's a smart move. The way you sink the Democrat Party is to bring black people over to your side. One effective way to do this is to get some black celebrities on your side. Alex is crazy like a fox.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    The thing about Jones is he has to keep upping the ante in terms of his histrionics to keep his viewers interested. You see him getting more and more frantic onscreen as the years go by. His appeal in terms of being taken seriously is limited to those who believe events like Sandy Hook were government put up jobs.

I mean, there is a case to be made that a full-on embrace of globalism isn't necessarily in the interests of the American working class. However, that case has to be made by people who have a degree of seriousness to them, and Jones hurts his cause more than he helps it by embracing all these looney, unsubstantiated Pizzagate-type stories and coming across as mentally unhinged. That fringe stuff may be good for Jones's financial bottom line, but little else beyond that.
                    That's why some people think Alex actually works for the globalists as a disinformation agent. I'm not kidding here. The US Government used the UFO movement as disinformation to protect real projects they were developing. Many people thought a stealth bomber was a UFO when they saw one flying usually at night. Well it is a UFO if it's flying and you don't know what it is. Lot's of psychological games being played that way. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Alex was an operative.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

A disinformation agent will give valid information. Sometimes most of it is valid. Then they will give out nonsense and sometimes act nuts. That's Alex to a T.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Damn. Alex lived the life when he was 13. My life at 13 was pretty boring.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

That's why some people think Alex actually works for the globalists as a disinformation agent. I'm not kidding here. The US Government used the UFO movement as disinformation to protect real projects they were developing. Many people thought a stealth bomber was a UFO when they saw one flying usually at night. Well it is a UFO if it's flying and you don't know what it is. Lot's of psychological games being played that way. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Alex was an operative.
                          Yeah, but the UFO movement - or phenomenon - was much larger in terms of scale re: the general public consciousness than Alex Jones could ever hope to be...and the UFO movement demonstrated a lot more focus than Jones is able to muster.

I mean, doubtless diehard followers of Jones will hang on his every word, but I don't even think Jones has a fraction of the influence that, say, Rush Limbaugh did over the general, non-wingnut public.

I mean, if you were a stealthy globalist searching for a disinformation agent, would you have a high degree of confidence in a guy like Alex Jones to stick to your script and not come across as batshit loco thus being able to spread your disinformation (and have it be believed) to as wide an audience as possible? An audience beyond the doomsday preppers and tinfoil hat wearing paranoiacs who are ALREADY inclined to create their own self-generated disinformation without prodding from a Jones-like figure to begin with?
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

A disinformation agent will give valid information. Sometimes most of it is valid. Then they will give out nonsense and sometimes act nuts. That's Alex to a T.

Yeah...maybe...

Part of me wants to believe Jones is just a flat-out fraud who is just really adept at whipping himself up into a tizzy for the cameras.

Another part of me thinks Jones really IS mentally unstable and actually believes the things he claims.

I'd put money on the former, but it'd be much more fun if the latter was true.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If you think Alex is mentally unstable... he's got nothing on his mini-me Owen Shroyer.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...