Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Cheeto made a lot of promises about his first 100 days

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tweety: Cheeto gets an "F" for his first 100 days

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Cheeto says calendars are "fake"! It's not 100 days, only 60!!

Apparently calculators are also fake, since he can't even do basic math.....

Trump: I'm Not Even At 100 Days, You Miscounted
      Josh Marshall
      talkingpointsmemo.com
      Published April 22, 2017, 11:45 AM EDT

We know that President is undergoing a major, public ego injury tantrum because he has failed to manage any major legislative accomplishments in his first 100 days in office. The scale of the failure is so total one would almost need a Kelvin Scale of fail to capture its full extent. But in addition to all the other panicked flailing, there’s this gambit that seems to have gotten fairly little notice.

President Trump has now at least opened the door to denying he’s not even at 100 days, that people are miscounting and that is in fact at only just over 60 days.

When asked about the situation with Obamacare Repeal and tax reform Trump told the Associated Press this (emphasis added) …

I have great relationships with Congress. I think we’re doing very well and I think we have a great foundation for future things. We’re going to be applying — I shouldn’t tell you this, but we’re going to be announcing, probably on Wednesday, tax reform. … We’ve worked on it long and hard. And you gotta understand, I’ve only been here now 93 days, 92 days. President Obama took 17 months to do “Obamacare.” I’ve been here 92 days, but I’ve only been working on the health care, you know, I had to get like a little bit of grounding, right? Health care started after 30 day(s), so I’ve been working on health care for 60 days. … we’re very close. And it’s a great plan … we have to get it approved.

In this exchange Trump doesn’t go the whole way to demanding a comprehensive new day score. For the moment he’s only creating a new carve out 60 count for repealing Obamacare since “health care started after 30 day”. But clearly he’s preparing a broader sort of 100 day truth movement to claim the measure should be taken from February 21st, 2017 rather than January 21st, 2017.

The same day as the interview, Trump initially claimed that the entire 100 day metric is artificial and stupid.

There’s a decent argument that’s true. It’s certainly arbitrary. Maybe also stupid. But Trump more than anyone has made it more central by insisting it was the metric against which he wanted to be judged. The new effort to demand a different count or the “30 day reset/handicap” proposed to the AP is likely a sign that he knows he’s shackled himself to the 100 day mast.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Good for you, slave FORD copy and pasting David L. Cohen (Jew) owned MSNBC. (J)news so true you can almost believe it.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Yeah, but the thing that is missed in all of that is that it isn't so much what Trump has failed to do in his first 100 days (or 90-odd...or 60 in Trump's own...er...'estimations'). It's what Trump has managed to do, and the possible long-term effects of the things he has managed to do that can't really even be measured yet because it's still far too early to look at said effects.

The whole Magical First 100 Days biz is a canard anyway. For Trump, it'll really be the first two years. Then you take a look at the 2018 mid-terms and see how Congress stacks up. Plus, Trump did get plenty of his Cabinet picks in: few of which even understood the functions of the Departments they were heading, and none of which even had a shared belief in what those Departments could do in terms of the broad public interest if those Departments were fully funded and serving the general citizenry. It's now this Reaganite Redux of 'starve the beast' which is basic shorthand for 'fuck the average joe as long as those at the top continue to get theirs'...I'm sure that will work out very well for both Trump voters AND non-Trump voters making less than $100k a year. In addition, Trump got his Supreme Court nominee on the bench. Will be interesting to see how the Court ends up ruling on various cases that will inevitably spring up from how Attorney General Sessions is conducting himself and his retroactive approach to crime and punishment. The conclusion I have drawn from all these police shootings of the last several years doesn't mirror the one Sessions has reached, which is that police departments need LESS federal oversight and LESS in the way of federal investigations into if police departments across the country are deficient in their policies and procedures where all these shootings and deaths of unarmed civilians are concerned.

Yeah, the first attempt at rolling back the Affordable Care Act was a botched effort politically in terms of the optics of it all. Doesn't mean it won't be attempted again through a combination of defunding and false propaganda. And we haven't even gotten into Trump's Bigly Yuge Tax Plan yet. With Mick Mulvaney on the inside and characters like Grover Norquist on the outside propounding warmed-over supply side economics, another round of Reagan/Bush tax cuts for the wealthy - because if there's one thing EVERYONE can agree on it surely is that those at the top don't have enough and pay WAY too much - is probably more easily doable than outright legislating the Affordable Care Act out of existence. Unless Trump's base wakes up and realizes that, much like the future O'Reilly co-authored book (which he'll have plenty of time now to actually write instead of just lend his name to) Killing Obamacare, cutting taxes on the top tier has implications for those on the lower rungs. Then maybe there will be more waves of town hall meetings where disgruntled voters call face-to-face BULLSHIT to their GOP Congressmen. If so, those in Congress will back away from that, too. Precious few of them would be willing to put their principles before their position if the consequence means losing their elected office.

It's early on. Trump's just getting started. Even for him, there's a learning curve. Reagan floundered a bit before the assassination attempt. W floundered for 8 months before events forced him to have to do something. Clinton spent his entire presidency diddling around on small-ball stuff. Obama didn't have the luxury of floundering like W and Trump: he had big time shit on his plate before he even won his election.

Gotta keep your eye on the long run, not the lazy conventional media First 100 Days wisdom scorecard.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If there is anything I've learned about politics in the last couple of years it's

a) Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the electorate
            b) People over 50 decide elections because they turn out to vote and they are on the whole annoyed racist reactionaries who think they want things to be the way they were when they were 18 because their dicks still worked back then. They seem to think that if only someone would stop immigrants drinking from their water fountains again then their dicks could get hard on Sunday mornings when its time to attempt to fuck Delores.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              If there is anything I've learned about politics in the last couple of years it's

a) Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the electorate
              b) People over 50 decide elections because they turn out to vote and they are on the whole annoyed racist reactionaries who think they want things to be the way they were when they were 18 because their dicks still worked back then. They seem to think that if only someone would stop immigrants drinking from their water fountains again then their dicks could get hard on Sunday mornings when its time to attempt to fuck Delores.
              I'd ask how you are able to summarize the American electorate so well...

...then, I remember you are in Scotland. Having spent two years there, I can say that - in terms of attitudes - certain segments of the American and Scottish peoples are far more similar than not.

At least you folks can possibly extricate yourselves from the Brexit vote via secession (I won't lay odds on Scotland actually doing it, mind you, but it IS a possibility): we're stuck with what we've now got, for a few more years at the least.
              Last edited by Terry; 04-22-2017, 09:53 PM.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Hey, I know for a fact God doesn't exist, yet I'd still like to fuck Delores on a Sunday Morn.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who's Delores?

If it's the chick from the Cranberries, I'd wake up on Sunday morning for her.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                    I'd ask how you are able to summarize the American electorate so well...

...then, I remember you are in Scotland. Having spent two years there, I can say that - in terms of attitudes - certain segments of the American and Scottish peoples are far more similar than not.

At least you folks can possibly extricate yourselves from the Brexit vote via secession (I won't lay odds on Scotland actually doing it, mind you, but it IS a possibility): we're stuck with what we've now got, for a few more years at the least.
                    No we are completely fucked either way. Even if Scotland did leave the UK which it won't because of the over 50s, since England has committed economic suicide with Brexit then as it would be our biggest trading partner we're going down with her. Assuming there is no major war (which we would also be drawn into), you only need to hold your nose and put up with Trump for a term and you can reverse any shit he does, the Brexit thing is a one off and forever.

Someone ran the numbers and the huge irony of the thing is that by the time the Brexit thing happens enough of the old fucks that voted for it will have died to make it a minority vote. I want an age limit on voting of 70, I'm sick of old people who don't pay taxes voting to ruin countries for the young.
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-23-2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

But if Scotland voted to peel itself off from the United Kingdom, wouldn't it be that their attachment to the Brexit vote would no longer apply to Scotland?

To be sure, that question is based on my own simplistic assumptions about the various legal and bureaucratic mechanisms that would come to fore with both Scottish secession and exiting (or re-entering) the European Union. For me to say I have a detailed understanding about how either works would probably be incorrect.

It's probably all academic and moot, because the actual likelihood of Scotland leaving the UK is about as probable as is the UK abandoning the Monarchy: both things were being spoken of when I was in Scotland in the late 1980s, neither has yet come to pass.

Then again, I couldn't imagine Trump winning even so much as the GOP nomination much less the General Election, so what the fuck do I know?
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Even FAUX Noize is losing their faith in Herr Cheetofuhrer

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I think Scotland will become independent, don't know what the fuckers will talk about once they do tho
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Invading the North of England like the old days.

Comment

• silverfish
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2007

The Simpsons take a look at the first 100 Days:

Originally posted by sadaist
                              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Working...