ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Cheeto made a lot of promises about his first 100 days

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tweety: Cheeto gets an "F" for his first 100 days

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cheeto says calendars are "fake"! It's not 100 days, only 60!!

Apparently calculators are also fake, since he can't even do basic math.....

Trump: I'm Not Even At 100 Days, You Miscounted
    Josh Marshall
    talkingpointsmemo.com
    Published April 22, 2017, 11:45 AM EDT

We know that President is undergoing a major, public ego injury tantrum because he has failed to manage any major legislative accomplishments in his first 100 days in office. The scale of the failure is so total one would almost need a Kelvin Scale of fail to capture its full extent. But in addition to all the other panicked flailing, there’s this gambit that seems to have gotten fairly little notice.

President Trump has now at least opened the door to denying he’s not even at 100 days, that people are miscounting and that is in fact at only just over 60 days.

When asked about the situation with Obamacare Repeal and tax reform Trump told the Associated Press this (emphasis added) …

I have great relationships with Congress. I think we’re doing very well and I think we have a great foundation for future things. We’re going to be applying — I shouldn’t tell you this, but we’re going to be announcing, probably on Wednesday, tax reform. … We’ve worked on it long and hard. And you gotta understand, I’ve only been here now 93 days, 92 days. President Obama took 17 months to do “Obamacare.” I’ve been here 92 days, but I’ve only been working on the health care, you know, I had to get like a little bit of grounding, right? Health care started after 30 day(s), so I’ve been working on health care for 60 days. … we’re very close. And it’s a great plan … we have to get it approved.

In this exchange Trump doesn’t go the whole way to demanding a comprehensive new day score. For the moment he’s only creating a new carve out 60 count for repealing Obamacare since “health care started after 30 day”. But clearly he’s preparing a broader sort of 100 day truth movement to claim the measure should be taken from February 21st, 2017 rather than January 21st, 2017.

The same day as the interview, Trump initially claimed that the entire 100 day metric is artificial and stupid.

There’s a decent argument that’s true. It’s certainly arbitrary. Maybe also stupid. But Trump more than anyone has made it more central by insisting it was the metric against which he wanted to be judged. The new effort to demand a different count or the “30 day reset/handicap” proposed to the AP is likely a sign that he knows he’s shackled himself to the 100 day mast.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Good for you, slave FORD copy and pasting David L. Cohen (Jew) owned MSNBC. (J)news so true you can almost believe it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but the thing that is missed in all of that is that it isn't so much what Trump has failed to do in his first 100 days (or 90-odd...or 60 in Trump's own...er...'estimations'). It's what Trump has managed to do, and the possible long-term effects of the things he has managed to do that can't really even be measured yet because it's still far too early to look at said effects.

The whole Magical First 100 Days biz is a canard anyway. For Trump, it'll really be the first two years. Then you take a look at the 2018 mid-terms and see how Congress stacks up. Plus, Trump did get plenty of his Cabinet picks in: few of which even understood the functions of the Departments they were heading, and none of which even had a shared belief in what those Departments could do in terms of the broad public interest if those Departments were fully funded and serving the general citizenry. It's now this Reaganite Redux of 'starve the beast' which is basic shorthand for 'fuck the average joe as long as those at the top continue to get theirs'...I'm sure that will work out very well for both Trump voters AND non-Trump voters making less than $100k a year. In addition, Trump got his Supreme Court nominee on the bench. Will be interesting to see how the Court ends up ruling on various cases that will inevitably spring up from how Attorney General Sessions is conducting himself and his retroactive approach to crime and punishment. The conclusion I have drawn from all these police shootings of the last several years doesn't mirror the one Sessions has reached, which is that police departments need LESS federal oversight and LESS in the way of federal investigations into if police departments across the country are deficient in their policies and procedures where all these shootings and deaths of unarmed civilians are concerned.

Yeah, the first attempt at rolling back the Affordable Care Act was a botched effort politically in terms of the optics of it all. Doesn't mean it won't be attempted again through a combination of defunding and false propaganda. And we haven't even gotten into Trump's Bigly Yuge Tax Plan yet. With Mick Mulvaney on the inside and characters like Grover Norquist on the outside propounding warmed-over supply side economics, another round of Reagan/Bush tax cuts for the wealthy - because if there's one thing EVERYONE can agree on it surely is that those at the top don't have enough and pay WAY too much - is probably more easily doable than outright legislating the Affordable Care Act out of existence. Unless Trump's base wakes up and realizes that, much like the future O'Reilly co-authored book (which he'll have plenty of time now to actually write instead of just lend his name to) Killing Obamacare, cutting taxes on the top tier has implications for those on the lower rungs. Then maybe there will be more waves of town hall meetings where disgruntled voters call face-to-face BULLSHIT to their GOP Congressmen. If so, those in Congress will back away from that, too. Precious few of them would be willing to put their principles before their position if the consequence means losing their elected office.

It's early on. Trump's just getting started. Even for him, there's a learning curve. Reagan floundered a bit before the assassination attempt. W floundered for 8 months before events forced him to have to do something. Clinton spent his entire presidency diddling around on small-ball stuff. Obama didn't have the luxury of floundering like W and Trump: he had big time shit on his plate before he even won his election.

Gotta keep your eye on the long run, not the lazy conventional media First 100 Days wisdom scorecard.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

If there is anything I've learned about politics in the last couple of years it's

a) Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the electorate
    b) People over 50 decide elections because they turn out to vote and they are on the whole annoyed racist reactionaries who think they want things to be the way they were when they were 18 because their dicks still worked back then. They seem to think that if only someone would stop immigrants drinking from their water fountains again then their dicks could get hard on Sunday mornings when its time to attempt to fuck Delores.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    If there is anything I've learned about politics in the last couple of years it's

b) People over 50 decide elections because they turn out to vote and they are on the whole annoyed racist reactionaries who think they want things to be the way they were when they were 18 because their dicks still worked back then. They seem to think that if only someone would stop immigrants drinking from their water fountains again then their dicks could get hard on Sunday mornings when its time to attempt to fuck Delores.
    I'd ask how you are able to summarize the American electorate so well...

...then, I remember you are in Scotland. Having spent two years there, I can say that - in terms of attitudes - certain segments of the American and Scottish peoples are far more similar than not.

At least you folks can possibly extricate yourselves from the Brexit vote via secession (I won't lay odds on Scotland actually doing it, mind you, but it IS a possibility): we're stuck with what we've now got, for a few more years at the least.
    Last edited by Terry; 04-22-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hey, I know for a fact God doesn't exist, yet I'd still like to fuck Delores on a Sunday Morn.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Who's Delores?

If it's the chick from the Cranberries, I'd wake up on Sunday morning for her.

10. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-23-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I'd ask how you are able to summarize the American electorate so well...

...then, I remember you are in Scotland. Having spent two years there, I can say that - in terms of attitudes - certain segments of the American and Scottish peoples are far more similar than not.

At least you folks can possibly extricate yourselves from the Brexit vote via secession (I won't lay odds on Scotland actually doing it, mind you, but it IS a possibility): we're stuck with what we've now got, for a few more years at the least.
    No we are completely fucked either way. Even if Scotland did leave the UK which it won't because of the over 50s, since England has committed economic suicide with Brexit then as it would be our biggest trading partner we're going down with her. Assuming there is no major war (which we would also be drawn into), you only need to hold your nose and put up with Trump for a term and you can reverse any shit he does, the Brexit thing is a one off and forever.

Someone ran the numbers and the huge irony of the thing is that by the time the Brexit thing happens enough of the old fucks that voted for it will have died to make it a minority vote. I want an age limit on voting of 70, I'm sick of old people who don't pay taxes voting to ruin countries for the young.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-23-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    But if Scotland voted to peel itself off from the United Kingdom, wouldn't it be that their attachment to the Brexit vote would no longer apply to Scotland?

To be sure, that question is based on my own simplistic assumptions about the various legal and bureaucratic mechanisms that would come to fore with both Scottish secession and exiting (or re-entering) the European Union. For me to say I have a detailed understanding about how either works would probably be incorrect.

It's probably all academic and moot, because the actual likelihood of Scotland leaving the UK is about as probable as is the UK abandoning the Monarchy: both things were being spoken of when I was in Scotland in the late 1980s, neither has yet come to pass.

Then again, I couldn't imagine Trump winning even so much as the GOP nomination much less the General Election, so what the fuck do I know?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Even FAUX Noize is losing their faith in Herr Cheetofuhrer

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

I think Scotland will become independent, don't know what the fuckers will talk about once they do tho

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Invading the North of England like the old days.

16. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (04-23-2017)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The Simpsons take a look at the first 100 Days:

18. Thanked silverfish for this KICKASS post:

FORD (04-27-2017)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Buttplugging for the Jew media once again.

When are you going to wake up, slave FORD?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Pseudo-left Jew Media everybody:

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bernie is definitely Jewish, but there's nothing "pseudo" left about him.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries

Noticed you made the reference to "People over 50" a couple of times in this thread... By my calculations you aren't too far out from joining that demographic and far, far too old to be considered a youngster. Does the old Stealers Wheel song Stuck in the Middle With You resonate..?

Aren't your kids old enough for you to be preparing to spend their college fund?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Noticed you made the reference to "People over 50" a couple of times in this thread... By my calculations you aren't too far out from joining that demographic and far, far too old to be considered a youngster. Does the old Stealers Wheel song Stuck in the Middle With You resonate..?

Aren't your kids old enough for you to be preparing to spend their college fund?

It's not about you old man Z I'm talking in demographic terms.

I'm sick of old people voting.

If you ignored the over 50 voters

No Brexit
    Scotland Independent
    No Trump president

I realize the first 2 are irrelevant to 90% of the posters here but I was ranting on the internet.

It's completely irrelevant whether I am old or not, if it would stop the old fucks I'd happily give up my vote when I get to that age.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I recognize that the over 50 crowd may be resistant to change and have a nostalgic desire to return to the way things used to be... Which may seem somewhat backwards thinking or less progressive. But you have to cuntsider a couple of things... They're perspective was formed in post-WWII times which represents a great period of stability and economic growth/prosperity. Plus they've lived through a lot of the hair-brained ideas that were cooked up in the 60's/70's/80's and set us on the current path today. So I'd say the over-50's at least have some wisdom of what worked previously and can spot bullshit, dumb-ass ideas quite easily.

On the other hand... The under-30's are bunch whiny, spoiled little pussies who want everything handed to them, run, hide and cry at the first sign of conflict... They think we should accept and love everyone, but in reality are some of the biggest bunch of isolationist, bigots if someone doesn't fall in line with their little clique of the day.

I somewhat chuckle at the whole concept of the EU... y'all tried to emulate the USA and it sort of worked. But then seriously... letting the French and Germans run things... that's never worked well over an extended period for anyone!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

All voters can be essentially silly and self-defeating, but American voters a rife with contractions. They want perfect health care for free, bigger defense, better roads, blah blah, BUT CUT MY FUCKING TAXES!!! People that may be financially aware in their own households regress to three year olds when talking about the realities of gov't and getting what they want...

And there's the build a giant fucking wall pResident. It's really a brilliant plan to keep illegal immigrants out of here by defunding and crippling our infrastructure so no one will want to come here or stay!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-30-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Good fences make good neighbors...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Plus they've lived through a lot of the hair-brained ideas that were cooked up in the 60's/70's/80's and set us on the current path today. So I'd say the over-50's at least have some wisdom of what worked previously and can spot bullshit, dumb-ass ideas quite easily.
    I think that's the worst thing, they seem to have gained no wisdom whatsoever.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-...itects-2016-11

The US-Mexico border stretches almost 2,000 miles, and about 650 miles already have vehicle and pedestrian fencing, according to a 2016 report from the US Government Accountability Office. To build a wall on top of that would be a redundant use of resources, Sheng says.

Building Trump's wall may require about 339 million cubic feet of concrete, or three times what was used to build the Hoover Dam, according to the IB Times.

There are also reasons why certain parts of the border that don't have fences: they are rocky, uneven, and arid, Mexican architects from Estudio 3.14 told BI. Added complications of the mountainous areas near the US-Mexico border mean that the wall would cost even more time and money to build in these parts.

Estudio 3.14's designers estimate the construction would take 16 years, and made renderings of what the wall, stretching from the Pacific Coast to the Gulf of Mexico, might look like. The architects said that the physical challenges would make its construction nearly impossible.

Similarly I could go through the list of total bullshit claims made by the Brexit campaign that they reversed on within a week of the vote that anyone with wisdom spotted immediately was BS long before voting.

Stop the old voting!

At very least they shouldn't be allowed to vote once they retire!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good fences make good neighbors...
    Tell that to the people who lived next door to Henry Hill...

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Tell that to the people who lived next door to Henry Hill...
    Typical censor hypocritical idiot.

Please get cancer and die slave SESHJ

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Typical censor hypocritical idiot.

Please get cancer and die slave SESHJ

37. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

FORD (05-01-2017)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Never even knew that song had a video. Let alone one so weird. And how did Manson get out of prison to be the drummer?

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Coming from a socialist who's favorite leader Sheridan got his ass thrown in jail for wire taping Sienna because he couldn't have sex with her really doesn't mean much to the USA electorate, sesh.

say hey to mcleish and have a happy Brexit.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 1,997 Posts

41. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (05-06-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    Coming from a socialist who's favorite leader Sheridan got his ass thrown in jail for wire taping Sienna because he couldn't have sex with her really doesn't mean much to the USA electorate, sesh.
    Did you just google Scottish Socialist and that came up? Nothing to do with me, never liked him and never voted for any of his parties. Saw him in a Supermarket once though and noticed his car was pretty expensive looking...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Never even knew that song had a video. Let alone one so weird. And how did Manson get out of prison to be the drummer?
    It was a hit back in the day - top 10.

They had a really hard time persuading Gerry Rafferty to let them use the song in RD as he didn't want it being the backdrop to violence. He was proved right to worry it's the first thing you think of when you hear the song.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, considering the only other hit he had was "Baker Street", he probably needed the money.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not really, he sold 40 million albums, City to City was a #1 album in the US and UK.

He was an alcoholic but but he was still worth a couple of million when he died a few years back, Reservoir Dogs was a very small indie film when it was released so they wouldn't have paid much.

Thread Information