Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Noel Monk book out 13th June - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noel Monk book out 13th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pile o shit ... haha

The new van Hagar compilation cd
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• If I were to give Hagar credit for anything at all, it would be that he is constantly doing something, however mediocre it may be, to entice his fans to stay on board with him. That said, he still doesn't belong within a foot of whatever may be in the works for 2018. Ideally, a box set and farewell tour with Dave, Ed, Mike and Al is what I'm hoping for. To have that crummy live in Japan CD or something with Hagar be the way they go out would truly be a pile a shit.

Comment

• Jesus. On a few occasions I have tried to listen to stuff with this Trunk guy when he is interviewing people, but I just can't get past his inane - and usually ass-kissing, 'I want to be your pal' - questions.

"But Sammy and those guys sold a ton of records". Who gives a fuck! I mean, you are interviewing the guy who was with the original "real thing" and you try and big up Sammy. Haha. I'm baffled that he is as famous as a champion of music as he is ... unless of course it is simply because most of his normal interviewees - elderly rock musicians - prefer having smoke blown up their asses.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Originally posted by VHscraps View Post
          Jesus. On a few occasions I have tried to listen to stuff with this Trunk guy when he is interviewing people, but I just can't get past his inane - and usually ass-kissing, 'I want to be your pal' - questions.

"But Sammy and those guys sold a ton of records". Who gives a fuck! I mean, you are interviewing the guy who was with the original "real thing" and you try and big up Sammy. Haha. I'm baffled that he is as famous as a champion of music as he is ... unless of course it is simply because most of his normal interviewees - elderly rock musicians - prefer having smoke blown up their asses.
          IKR. Trunk is unlistenable because he does nothing but lob softballs in between his sucking dicks. I understand this isn't hardcore journalism, but to just pander and embarrass yourself like that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
            IKR. Trunk is unlistenable because he does nothing but lob softballs in between his sucking dicks. I understand this isn't hardcore journalism, but to just pander and embarrass yourself like that...

Trunk will be critical about bands/artists when he is just taking questions from listeners on his radio show, or when Trunk is just offering his opinions in a non-interview situation. And he has a fairly impressive amount of factual, Jeopardy-type information far as rock trivia stored in his memory that he is able to recall at will.

But, yeah, within the interview context, Trump TOTALLY lobs softballs. Basically isn't going to give his interview subjects any tough or potentially awkward questions...at all. Probably in part to try and forge some friendship with them, which in turn will keep them coming back onto his radio show as guests. And while none of those interviews ARE hardcore investigative journalism of any consequence, it DOES become mildly embarrassing to hear.

Far as Van Halen, Trunk doesn't hedge when he says he thinks Hagar was clearly a better singer than Dave was. He said he thought so back in the 1980s, and he said he preferred the band with Hagar in it. Although he also says the first 4 Van Halen records were among some of the best rock records ever, yet doesn't go on to say any of the Van Hagar records were among the best rock records ever, which makes little sense to me.

I will say I heard Trunk talking about the band with a caller 2 years ago after the last tour concluded, and Trunk said as far as he was concerned it wouldn't be a shock if the band reunited with Hagar again because the group really had done pretty much all it COULD do with Dave, far as a lack of new material and Dave's waning abilities went. While I often think of Trunk as the real-life, grown-up version of Beavis and Butthead's Stuart, I must say I was in general agreement with Trunk over those particular sentiments.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
              So they're content selling 100,000 copies of garbage, instead of selling a million copies of the good stuff? Yeah, genius.
              Just to piss you off.........And it worked.
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Lefsetz offers his comments:

Runnin’ with the Devil: A Backstage Pass to the Wild Times, Loud Rock, and the Down and Dirty Truth Behind the Making of Van Halen “How I Made It: Bob Lefsetz went from failed music man…
                Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Just got the book the other day, halfway through, not bad, nice to have regardless....
                  Real reason I am posting is to ask this, and I didn't want to start a whole new thread just for one fucking question, what do some of you think is the best entire show posted of the last tour on youtube? I'm just looking for a good show I can throw on my player when I'm out of the house and have lots of time to kill, one where Dave seems to be putting in a decent effort, and one not shot from the last row, I figured most of you would know of one offhand, thanx guys.....
                  Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Originally posted by Full Bug View Post
                    Just got the book the other day, halfway through, not bad, nice to have regardless....
                    Real reason I am posting is to ask this, and I didn't want to start a whole new thread just for one fucking question, what do some of you think is the best entire show posted of the last tour on youtube? I'm just looking for a good show I can throw on my player when I'm out of the house and have lots of time to kill, one where Dave seems to be putting in a decent effort, and one not shot from the last row, I figured most of you would know of one offhand, thanx guys.....
                    Try, say, The Capitol Centre, Maryland, 1982.

Multiple angle proshot, Dave is at the peak of his abilities, the rest of the band is right there with him knocking it out of the park, Anthony is still in the group (thus the backing vocals aren't augmented with canned pre-recorded trickery)...
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Largo.

I think he meant from the most recent tour though...
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-20-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                        Largo.

I think he meant from the most recent tour though...
                        I know he meant the last tour.

I was being, like, 'ironical' (but not really - he'd be better off watching Largo)
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Sorry my nuance detector isn't on - it's the weekend.

Comment

• It's okay. I was only being half-facetious: he really WOULD be better off watching Largo.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
                              It's okay. I was only being half-facetious: he really WOULD be better off watching Largo.
                              That goes without saying of course, I have 2 copies of that on DVD....But don't have a portable DVD player, but yeah, just meant the last tour, something with Drop Dead Legs and Dirty Movies on it, but its all good anyway, found a few shows I bookmarked during that tour.....
                              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bong, you are going through enough right now. Why torture yourself by listening to that abortion of a tour?

Comment

Working...
                                X