X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
    That goes without saying of course, I have 2 copies of that on DVD....But don't have a portable DVD player, but yeah, just meant the last tour, something with Drop Dead Legs and Dirty Movies on it, but its all good anyway, found a few shows I bookmarked during that tour.....
    You can download vids from YouTube with browser add ons. Just save it to your phone. Life's too short for Van Halen's last live album shitshow..

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I recommend Montreal '07.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Full Bong, you are going through enough right now. Why torture yourself by listening to that abortion of a tour?
        LOL! Like I mentioned, its just for a few tunes, not sure if I could sit through a whole show, was enough I seen them live last tour....
        Will look for the Montreal show Twona, thanx.....

Finished the book last night, I knew Ed like to indulge in Krell, but never knew how bad he really got, thought for him alcohol was king, guess that came later on.....
        Last edited by Full Bug; 08-22-2017, 12:17 PM.
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

LOL! Like I mentioned, its just for a few tunes, not sure if I could sit through a whole show, was enough I seen them live last tour....
          Will look for the Montreal show Twona, thanx.....

Finished the book last night, I knew Ed like to indulge in Krell, but never knew how bad he really got, thought for him alcohol was king, guess that came later on.....
          I think the only person not majorly fucked up was Mike but Mike got majorly fucked.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
            Pile o shit ... haha

The new van Hagar compilation cd
            Does it have Dreams on it? More like Dream On. Hagar was never in Van Halen. He might have made bad music with the Van Halen brothers but Van Halen only had one front man and that was David Lee Roth.

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I think the only person not majorly fucked up was Mike but Mike got majorly fucked.
              I would like to think he was fucked up, how else to explain Mike signing papers throwing away his royalties? We all know Michael is the nicest guy alive, but damm, what an idiot, no wonder he is hawking hot sauce.....Always figured Ed and Al were behind that, but seems Dave had just as big a part....

Wish Ed Anderson would write a book, I bet Dave has a non-disclosure deal with him that lasts 200 years....
              Last edited by Full Bug; 08-23-2017, 10:47 AM.
              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Oh hell. I've seen people piss stuff away because they don't want to read the legal documents. Mike might be such a person. Of course maybe Mike just loves being fucked up the ass. That might explain why Mike's best buddy is Sammy.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh hell. I've seen people piss stuff away because they don't want to read the legal documents. Mike might be such a person.....
                  But that's why you buy a lawyer FFS...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Wish Ed Anderson would write a book, I bet Dave has a non-disclosure deal with him that lasts 200 years....
                    IDK, he seems to disclose a bit here: http://www.vhnd.com/2013/01/24/van-h...r-of-security/

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      IDK, he seems to disclose a bit here: http://www.vhnd.com/2013/01/24/van-h...r-of-security/
                      Really? Like what? What does he disclose that would remotely break a non disclosure agreement?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        But that's why you buy a lawyer FFS...
                        All Sauce Sobowleski had to do was not sign anything. He already had his 1/5 cut of the action.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Cracked me up when Noel Monk said VH took a river of penicillin in the ass.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Roth must have been paying Big Ed Anderson a lot because he regretfully told Noel Monk to get lost at the Roxy because Dave didn't want to see him. I mean Ed was probably getting $$$$ and ass. He didn't want to lose the gig and just end up being security for some Hollyweird jack off.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

All Sauce Sobowleski had to do was not sign anything. He already had his 1/5 cut of the action.
                              I know Monk and everyone else is saying it was madness but there is a flipside in that it was payment for work he hadn't actually done.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                I know Monk and everyone else is saying it was madness but there is a flipside in that it was payment for work he hadn't actually done.
                                I mean, even Anthony admits as much in terms of his relative lack of songwriting ideas compared to Ed and Dave, who were the creative nucleus of the band.

To be sure, his background vocals were important to the overall sound. He played on the records, he was with the band back when they were still playing backyard parties/bars/clubs: Mike Anthony paid his dues. He didn't show up in late 1977 just before the band got famous a la Ringo Starr.

He just didn't write.

So while the rest of the group whittling down his publishing percentage does fly in the face of the "all for one/one for all" fantasy I had about rock bands back when CVH where still around, were I Eddie Van Halen or David Lee Roth I'd probably be asking myself why I'm splitting my publishing with someone who didn't do any of the writing.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...