Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Boasts That ImOrangement Will Get Higher TV Ratings Than All Other Impeachments

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Trump Boasts That ImOrangement Will Get Higher TV Ratings Than All Other Impeachments

newyorker.com
    Trump Boasts That His Impeachment Will Get Higher TV Ratings Than All Other Impeachments

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt, Donald Trump boasted that, if he is impeached, the television ratings will be higher than those of any other impeachment in history.

“Everywhere I go, people tell me that if I am impeached, they’re going to watch it,” he said. “The ratings are going to be through the roof.”

He said that he expected his impeachment ratings to be “many, many times” the size of the audience for Bill Clinton’s impeachment, in 1998.

“It’s not even going to be close,” Trump said. “The ratings for Bill Clinton’s impeachment were a joke.”

Asked about the recent impeachment of the former South Korean President Park Geun-hye, Trump said, “Did anyone even watch that one? That was Korea. Nobody cares.”

As for the impeachment of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, he said, “I didn’t hear about that one. I don’t follow Brazil. I like Argentina. I saw ‘Evita’ many, many times. Andrew Lloyd Webber did a great job. Millions and millions of people loved it. But that was a Broadway show, not an impeachment.”

Even though he anticipates “just terrific” ratings for his impeachment, Trump said that he did not expect the media to provide an honest accounting of his audience size.

“They’re going to lie and say that a lot of people who watched my impeachment didn’t watch, and that’s going to be very bad and unfair, but it’s not going to change the fact that my impeachment will be a great impeachment, a really beautiful impeachment,” he said.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Is this story parody or not? I can't tell any more.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (05-18-2017)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, the Borowitz Report is a satirical column. (probably the best one out there since that prick Haim Saban bought The Onion and rendered it useless)

Trump would probably never actually say that outloud, but he damn sure will be thinking it when he is impeached. Or imoranged.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ImOrangement is no longer a parody........

commondreams.org
    Texas Democrat Calls For Trump Impeachment on US House Floor
    Deirdre Fulton, staff writer
    3-4 minutes

Rep. Al Green, a Democrat from Texas, took to the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday morning to formally call for the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

"Mr. Speaker, I rise today with a heavy heart," Green said. "I rise today with a sense of responsibility and duty to the people who have elected me; a sense of duty to this country; a sense of duty to the Constitution of the United States of America."

"I rise today, Mr. Speaker, to call for the impeachment of the President of the United States of America, for the obstruction of justice," he declared. "I do not do this for political purposes, Mr. Speaker. I do this because I believe in the great ideals that this country stands for: liberty and justice for all...I do it because, Mr. Speaker, there is a belief in this country that no one is above the law, and that includes the president of the United States of America."

"Mr. Speaker, our democracy is at risk," Green continued, citing Trump's recent firing of FBI director James Comey along with his latest tweets. "Mr. Speaker, it is time for the American people to weigh in. Mr. Speaker, the American people are a part of this democracy."

He urged citizens to visit impeachDonaldTrumpnow.com, where a petition launched by the group Free Speech for People had 992,578 signatures as of Wednesday morning. Green also referenced recent polls showing growing public support for impeachment.

Watch Green's full speech below:

Green elaborated in a press statement:

Here are the acts committed by the president that, when combined, merit his being charged (impeached) for obstructing a lawful investigation:

The president fired the FBI director overseeing a lawful investigation of the president's campaign ties to Russian influence in the president's 2016 election.
    The president acknowledged he considered the investigation when he fired the FBI Director.
    The president made the FBI director the subject of a threatening tweet—"James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press."

These acts, when combined, amount to intimidation and obstruction.

The lawmaker said he has not spoken to other members of Congress about his call, though he said later on MSNBC that he plans to do so:

And he is not alone in floating the idea. Katie Bo Williams, a reporter for The Hill, tweeted Friday that Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) said if the allegations in the "Comey memo"—that Trump asked the then-FBI director to end the federal investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn—are true, "it's grounds for impeachment."

Other senators and representatives, including Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) have also mentioned impeachment. On Tuesday evening, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Trump's situation was "reaching the point where it's of Watergate size and scale;" while Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) told CNN the country may be approaching another impeachment process—a statement he later walked back.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller has been named as an "Independent Council", meaning he still can be fired by the FBI's acting Director if Trump wants them too...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Trump's problem is that he has demonstrably lied so often across a broad range of topics...Trump has no credibility.

Trump's hardcore supporters may still be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on a whole range of issues and policies - a willful delusion that Trump is doing battle for them against the "deep establishment state" - but outside of them, Trump has little to no credibility left.

That lack of trust, that we can believe what Trump says about virtually anything - that we can take anything he says at face value as being truthful - extends down to the various spokespeople and surrogates Trump has speaking on his behalf. It starts at the top. I'm not naïve enough to think all previous presidents (or people in general) have been 100% truthful 100% of the time. History has shown that not to be the case. Trump, as in so many other areas, is in a class all by himself. Unprecedented. So, it really doesn't matter if Spicer is replaced by Huckabee Sanders, or Conway tapers off the frequency of her appearances: if the President they are representing is a serial liar, shuffling around the spokespeople matters not, because the truth has been tainted at the source.

It has been pointed out that most of the problems Trump has faced thus far are self-inflicted wounds. What is going to happen when an external crisis happens? A natural disaster, or an international incident, and at some point Trump is going to have to speak to the people about what has happened and what is to be done about it? How is he going to lead when the majority of the citizenry by default of who he is and what he has said and done have decided he is not to be believed? How are we as a nation supposed to take the lead in the world? How comforting is it to our allies to have a man of Trump's character and integrity as President of the United States? If you were the leader of a foreign nation, would you enter into any type of alliance with Trump and have any reasonable expectations about the nature of any of the promises Trump made to you?

If Trump manages to wriggle out of this, or these specific investigations don't metastasize into an impeachment and removal, there are a whole host of other problems potentially coming down the pike. From Trump and Kushner's various business dealings around the world with a whole host of unsavory international characters, just that aspect alone has how many undetected and unexploded land mines? Or the particulars of Trump's tax returns, of which we still haven't so much as even seen yet (if there's nothing to them, why not release them?). And we're only still at the beginning of this presidency, and these conditions are all of Trump's making and none of them are going to go away.

Clearly, the House and Senate Majority Leadership are still remaining as disengaged as they possibly can, in hopes of passing their healthcare and tax legislation. Ryan and McConnell aren't going to take the lead in getting to the bottom of anything as long as there is still a chance they can use Trump to achieve their legislative ends.

And finally, it should be abundantly clear that Trump values loyalty. Which is a fair enough stance as far as it goes, but it is equally clear most of the people he has surrounded himself with in The White House whom he brought over from his campaign just aren't up to the job. I mean, when Rex Tillerson is coming off as the most reasonable person in your administration, changes have to be made. Yet, to an extent I don't even know as a staff shakeup is going to be effective if Trump himself doesn't show the capacity to become something other than an erratic, impulsive political bomb thrower. It's this compulsive, relentless need for self-aggrandizement. It permeates everything. His insistence that Comey pledge loyalty to him, loyalty only being meaningful if it freely given. His adversarial relationship to not only the establishment press but ANY media outlet that reports anything that is short of a fawning set of accolades.

He pissed off the media, openly and frequently criticized various US intelligence and government agencies and engendered himself to nobody other than his supporters. Now, he's going to give his supporters a shit sandwich in terms of health insurance rollbacks and tax breaks to the wealthy. Did nobody tell Trump that he would need various government entities to help him govern and a not 100% skeptical media to sell his ideas? Did he never expect to win, so none of it mattered on the campaign trail? Well, he won, and all of this is coming back to haunt him. The leaks will continue, and Trump is a person without scruples other than "winning" so it is a virtual certainty he has engaged in plenty of other unethical (if not outright illegal) activities, and those will duly be leaked, too: dodging whatever specific bullets are to come from the newly appointed Special Prosecutor within the narrow confines of what we so far know about the various Russian connections...even if collusion on the part of Trump isn't proven here, I rest assured there's something else out there he either has done, is doing or will do that will deal himself a fatal wound.

It's hubris in the end. Trump simply can't help himself.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Gotta red house over yonder... that's where my Pooty stays......

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I was watching it last night and the only thing Trump has achieved so far is to make Veep less funny...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

And made house of cards a bit pointless

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I think JFK, RFK, George Wallace and Ronald Reagan might beg to differ...and that's just for openers...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe Cheeto can stay in Saudi Arabia? He's (supposedly) rich enough to live there...

rawstory.com
    ‘Trump’s best defense is dementia’: Internet in shock as Friday bombshells abruptly rock White House
    Elizabeth Preza19 May 2017 at 16:12 ET
    2 minutes

Two major reports published by the Washington Post and New York Times in rapid succession Friday capped a remarkable week in politics.

Monday, it was reported Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian ambassador and Russian foreign minister during a closed-door meeting in the Oval Office last week. Wednesday, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced a special counsel to oversee the Department of Justice’s investigation into Russia and possible collusion with the Trump campaign. Thursday, the Times published a piece indicating disgraced former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn warned the Trump transition team he was under federal investigation prior to the inauguration.

On Friday, the Times reported on an official White House summary of the closed-door Oval Office meeting between Trump and the Russian ambassador and Russian foreign minister. According to that summary, in addition to divulging highly classified information to those Russian officials, Trump also boasted about firing former FBI Director James Comey, who was overseeing the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign. The president also reportedly called Comey a “nut job.”

A few minutes later, the Washington Post published a report that the federal investigation has expanded to include a senior White House official currently in the administration. The Post described the individual as someone “close to the president.”

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So who is this un-named "senior White House official"?

Some are saying Jared. But Cheeto will protect him because he's family.

Could be Rinsed Penis. But after all he did to destroy Wisconsin for the Koch Brothers, they aren't about to let him go down.

I vote for Steve Bannon. He's completely expendable, and only his fellow Nazi pieces of shit would care if he were gone.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    More ghey memes from slave FORD

I've been smoking a shit boat of weed lately - a lot of it bad like 'Snow Cap'

It'll kick your ass for a while but in the end leaves you sluggish with a over-extended head haze. Then, when I think it can't get any worse, slave FORD starts posting his usual anti-human sewage. Double-bummer buzz kill.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Snow Cap is the name of a good beer. It should NOT be the name of bad weed.

25.1% THC?? That actually bears some investigation. I'll look for it next time I go to the Bud & Leaf.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You've never smoked weed in your entire god damned life. Especially a strain this strong.

Because you have to pay for it and master Bernie said you brats could have it for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe you should try some of this shit to mellow out......

https://www.leafly.com/indica/herojuana

They talk about 25% THC at the link, but another one of my local bud shops claim they have a 31.9% version. Now THAT is an anti-anxiety medication!! Hell, I might get some of that just so I can fucking sleep once in a while.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    That's government controlled pussy placebo weed.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A 31.9% placebo? That would be one Hell of an accomplishment. If the government was capable of that sort of mass hypnosis, they could have put Hillcunt in the White House.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    There you go again with the god damn misogyny

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's not misogyny to say Hillary is a cunt. Cheeto is also a cunt. You're a cunt, and nobody's really sure which gender you are.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So who is this un-named "senior White House official"?

Some are saying Jared. But Cheeto will protect him because he's family.

Could be Rinsed Penis. But after all he did to destroy Wisconsin for the Koch Brothers, they aren't about to let him go down.

I vote for Steve Bannon. He's completely expendable, and only his fellow Nazi pieces of shit would care if he were gone.
    I'd tend to think it's Kushner, if only because he has had one confirmed meeting with a Russian banker with ties to Putin in December of last year, thus it's reasonable to assume Kushner would be a person of interest. It's not a case of Trump even being able to protect Kushner: Trump tried to get Comey to lay off Flynn and make a public statement exonerating himself...how well has THAT worked out thus far? Anything Trump does to try and protect Kushner would just make matters worse, and short of firing the Special Prosecutor or flat-out not allowing Kushner to be interviewed there's really nothing Trump CAN do to protect Kushner. And both of those solutions are stop-gap measures at best, and they raise more problems than they solve.

Priebus strikes me a feckless worm, thus not somebody I'd turn to if I wanted somebody to liaise with a Russian contact. Priebus was put where he was because he had/has a strong working relationship with Paul Ryan. I'd be very surprised if Priebus had any contacts with any Russian officials.

Bannon? Meh. He strikes me as too smart to get directly involved in something like that. Then again, I would have thought Flynn and Manafort would have been smarter as well, so who the fuck knows with Bannon?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's not misogyny to say Hillary is a cunt. Cheeto is also a cunt. You're a cunt, and nobody's really sure which gender you are.
    I'm a T.E.R.F, like Lisa here, you brain dead, misogynistic, chronically unemployed bag of wet liberal shit. I have have zero fucking tolerance for tyrannies and wet liberals like yourself who are into the erasure of women.

You'd would enjoy that show. It's full of 3rd-wave bullshit feminism, identity politics/white liberal guilt - perfect for the fuckstick Bernie brat generation.

You can call me a SWERF as well

Listen to the propaganda bullshit video. That type of pure bullshit speak appeals to wet liberals like yourself and makes idiots like slave SESH a fucking hypocrite for allowing porn and exploitation on his site which is nothing more than violence against women - just like your fucking misogynistic slurs. Like I said many times before, you piece of shit Bernie brats are a cancer to this country. You flat out support identity politics that do nothing but cause harm. I don't know why I waste my time because you are such a fucking clueless idiot

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"Erasure of women"?? What's that? Andy Bell in drag, singing an Abba song??

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Gawd, you're such a fucking idiot. Typical Bernie brat mentality, everybody. No wonder you have a homoerotic hard on for a bald no talent singer and a shitty suburban band

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/female-erasure--2#/

Oh, and it is the fault of the Bernie brats why Trump is president. Which makes you more of a fucking idiot.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bernie would have beaten Cheeto AND the Kristopher K. Kobach racist voter suppression database in a landslide. That pathetic Goldwater Republican WalMart attorney couldn't even get more than 25% of the voters to hold their nose and vote for her miserable ass (and few of them even WANTED to actually vote for her).

2010. 2014. 2016. Democratic voters are DONE with voting for right wing pieces of shit invading OUR party. You want 8 years of Pence? (Cheeto will be gone within weeks) Run that cunt again in 2020. Or anyone else as lame as her (Tim Kunte, Cunty Booker, Andrew Cuntomo, etc.)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Yeah, nothing more "feminist" than attacking young girls on the web...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Bernie would have beaten Cheeto AND the Kristopher K. Kobach racist voter suppression database in a landslide. That pathetic Goldwater Republican WalMart attorney couldn't even get more than 25% of the voters to hold their nose and vote for her miserable ass (and few of them even WANTED to actually vote for her).

2010. 2014. 2016. Democratic voters are DONE with voting for right wing pieces of shit invading OUR party. You want 8 years of Pence? (Cheeto will be gone within weeks) Run that cunt again in 2020. Or anyone else as lame as her (Tim Kunte, Cunty Booker, Andrew Cuntomo, etc.)
    You sad Bernie brats are the reason Trump is president. End of fucking argument, artard

Grow.The.Fuck.Up.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck that Canadian Hillbot. Let her make a TV show bitching about her own leader and his sick pipeline fetish.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Awww, did she shit all over your Bernie brat (white male) entitlement? Did she point out your hypocrisy and immaturity? I see your misogyny it still in check. Save your whining for your social worker, salve FORD Not only do you need to apologize for ruining this forum but also for being responsible for electing Trump

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

GOD is setting a trap to identify the enemies of Holy Emperor Cheetus Maximus!11!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

....and GOD will also keep ImOrangement from happening??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Son of the Republican Messiah Calls for ImOrangement!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ImOrangement will cause Civil War! BUY FOOD BUCKETS NOW!!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Jim Baker is still around?

Yeesh!

Thread Information