Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The THC is the psychoactive property which might induce paranoia in some people (it never did me, thank Jesus.) So if you have that issue, go for a strain that has high CBD and low THC. It's the CBD medicinal properties which treat the anxiety, so arguably, you could get the benefits from a hemp oil made from industrial hemp, provided it was bred to have a high CBD content (which is something that is being done now in order to get medicinal CBD allowed in states which still insist on the ridiculous prohibition against weed
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
      It was a pretty obvious reference to grunge music. It's all the same no matter who is playing it.

Grunge is the new Spinal Tap dead drummer joke. Cobain, Cornell, Staley, Weiland. These guys would still be alive if they had a jazz background. Or if no one had tried to intervene.

Anyway, I've heard that one of Chris Cornell's favorite movies was --------------------------------------Good Will Hanging...........
      Funny, but to me any one of those 4 you mentioned is worth more to me than all the Jon Bon Jovis, Bret Michaels, Axl Roses, Vince Neils and the like put together.

And yet while I'll never get to see any of those 4 "grunge" guys live again, those hair metal jagoffs I mentioned will doubtlessly be touring forever.

No fucking justice in this world.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You are missing the point that the depth/angst of the art you got from Cornell or Corbain didn't exist in someone like Vince Neil.

Maybe Vince Neil is too vacuous and silly to kill himself, it definitely appears from the outside he has been involved in more tragedy than any of the grungers.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          You are missing the point that the depth/angst of the art you got from Cornell or Corbain didn't exist in someone like Vince Neil.

Maybe Vince Neil is too vacuous and silly to kill himself, it definitely appears from the outside he has been involved in more tragedy than any of the grungers.
          I think it has more to do with that old Denis Leary joke:

Stevie Ray Vaughan is dead, yet we can't get Jon Bon Jovi into a helicopter...Whenever you hear of somebody dying of a drug overdose, it's always someone talented like John Belushi or Jimi Hendrix or Janis Joplin, but Motley Crue would NEVER die of a drug overdose!! You could put them in a room with 3 tons of crack, and a half-hour later they'd come out of the room going, "Rock on, man!!" Great, now they're gonna make a triple live album, fuck me! Help me, Jesus!!!
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Terry
            Funny, but to me any one of those 4 you mentioned is worth more to me than all the Jon Bon Jovis, Bret Michaels, Axl Roses, Vince Neils and the like put together.

And yet while I'll never get to see any of those 4 "grunge" guys live again, those hair metal jagoffs I mentioned will doubtlessly be touring forever.

No fucking justice in this world.
            I think the music from the grunge era more than holds its own today...it has integrity and soul. What else do you want?
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
              I think the music from the grunge era more than holds its own today...it has integrity and soul. What else do you want?
              Yngwie MALMSteEN!!!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ireland on Saturday night.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That actually sounded better than I expected it to.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                      That actually sounded better than I expected it to.
                      Yeah. Seems ole Axl is much more appreciative of the music, the fans, and rock and roll, these days.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Prepare to unleash the furies!!
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Chris Cornell Toxicology Report Reveals Several Prescription Drugs in the Singer's System

A completed toxicology report for singer Chris Cornell confirmed his family’s suspicions - the late star was using prescription drugs at the time of his death.

According to a report obtained by TMZ, Cornell had Naloxone (Narcan), Butalbital (a sedative), Lorazepam (Ativan), Pseudoephedrine (a decongestant) and barbiturates in his system at the time of death.

"Many of us who know Chris well, noticed that he wasn’t himself during his final hours and that something was very off," wife Vicky Karayiannis said in a statement. "We have learned from this report that several substances were found in his system. After so many years of sobriety, this moment of terrible judgement seems to have completely impaired and altered his state of mind. Something clearly went terribly wrong and my children and I are heartbroken and are devastated that this moment can never be taken back. We very much appreciate all of the love we have received during this extremely difficult time and are dedicated to helping others in preventing this type of tragedy."

The Soundgarden frontman was found dead of suicide by hanging at MGM Grand Detroit after the band’s performance at Fox Theatre on May 18. He was 52.

The Wayne County, Michigan medical examiner completed an autopsy, ruling the star’s death a suicide. However, Cornell’s family has stated that they didn’t believe him to be suicidal.

Cornell’s family said they believe that the side effects of the prescription drug Ativan - which can cause worsening depression and thoughts of self-harm in rare cases - may have impacted Cornell. The toxicology report appears to show Cornell had ingested four tablets.

"Chris, a recovering addict, had a prescription for Ativan and may have taken more Ativan than recommended dosages," the family’s attorney Kirk Pasich said in a statement. "The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions."

In this Sunday, Aug. 8, 2010, file photo, musician Chris Cornell of Soundgarden performs during the Lollapalooza music festival in Grant Park in Chicago.© AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh, File In this Sunday, Aug. 8, 2010, file photo, musician Chris Cornell of Soundgarden performs during the Lollapalooza music festival in Grant Park in Chicago.
                          Pasich said that Cornell told Karayiannis that he had taken "an extra Ativan or two" before his death. In a statement obtained by PEOPLE, he also claimed that the City of Detroit Law Department denied his Freedom of Information Act request for reports relating to Cornell’s death. He further stated that the family is "mystified that the medical examiner announced a cause of death when the full autopsy report has not been completed."

"We are grateful for the outpouring of support as we mourn Chris’ passing, but we still have several unanswered questions about what led to his death," Karayiannis added in a June 1 statement. "We believe the toxicology report will answer these questions."

Longtime manager Ron Laffitte told CNN ahead of the funeral, "Very often times people who are in recovery have a relapse or a slip. I think unfortunately what so often happens when a recovering addict has a slip is they return to a level where they left off as opposed to easing their way back in."

Detroit artist and musician Kevin Morris - a friend of Cornell’s - previously told PEOPLE that the singer has "been clean for years."

"What was troubling him I don’t think we’ll ever know," Morris said. "I think he was a little nervous about playing in Detroit, the music capital of the world, and he took a little too much of the Ativan."

Cornell was laid to rest Friday at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Cornell’s body was flown to California, where it was cremated, the family’s attorney Kirk Pasich previously told PEOPLE in a statement. Friday’s funeral service was private, but was followed by a public memorial later in the day.

If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

LINK

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Rumors of homicide based on the amount of blood present on the floor:
                            “It’s very unlikely such large amount of blood found in a case of hanging,” an expert said.

Comment

• jacksmar
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

which titted, big hole said “If Harvey Weinstein invites you to a private party in the Four Seasons, don’t go.”

turns out this dead grunge dude is still relevant.

----

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• jacksmar
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Pictured: Left - Justin Timberlake, Middle - Michael Hutchence, Right - Gotye
                                A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

Working...