Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I used to have that issue of "The Rocket" that Cross refers to with the "Golden Throats" cover. Damned if I know what happened to that (or any of the other old Rocket issues that talked about musicians who would later become world famous)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Depression sucks.... especially for us Cascadians, since that natural source of Vitamin D only appears in the sky 2 months out of the year (if we're lucky). Of course that's probably the case in the UK too (which explains where The Smiths, The Cure, and Joy Division came from)

Today was supposed to kick off a full week of sunshine. Didn't happen.... god damn it.
      I'm taking 2000-3000 IU's of D a day now...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Vevo is the world's leading music video network. Watch music videos on your favorite apps, streaming services, and devices, including YouTube, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Fire TV, and more.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          I'm taking 2000-3000 IU's of Hormone Replacement Therapy a day now...
          Wow. Thanks for the revelation. Are you on your way to living up to your NickDickless moniker?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Wow. Thanks for the revelation. Are you on your way to living up to your NickDickless moniker?
            It's called vitamin deficiency, like your IQ deficiency...

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              I'm taking 2000-3000 IU's of D a day now...

wow, copying my ... and too depressed to stand...

anyone know what happen to the bee girl in the soundgarden video?

i thought chris cornell snuffed his life years ago...
              A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                wow, copying my ... and too depressed to stand...

anyone know what happen to the bee girl in the soundgarden video?

i thought chris cornell snuffed his life years ago...
                ????

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It's such a media cliche to call someone the "voice of a generation", but Chris literally was the voice of his generation. Last of the great rock voices. Now fucking silenced forever. God damn it.
                  It's true. I dont think there is anyone else I can say I really want to listen to. Damn
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jacksmar
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Chris Cornell used a common piece of exercise equipment to take his own life.

We've learned the Soundgarden frontman secured a red elastic exercise band attached to a carabiner to the top of his hotel bathroom door. A carabiner is a device commonly used by mountain climbers which they attach to a belt to keep them from falling. The device can withstand enormous weight.

Cornell jammed the door shut with the carabiner at the top of the frame. The carabiner was jammed so tight it left an indentation in the door frame.
                      A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Obviously he intended to kill himself so it was suicide whether the drugs he took motivated him to do it or not. He didn't accidentally hang himself trying to have a bigger orgasm like David Carradine.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If you're brain is temporarily malfunctioning because of a fucked up pharma drug, that cannot be considered an "intent" to commit suicide. Carradine's actions would be arguably intentional, because he was intentionally being fucking stupid.

I've personally witnessed people dealing with suicidal impulses directly caused by pharmaceutical drugs who were not remotely suicidal otherwise. Fortunately, they refused to give in to the impulses and instead sought the help of medical professionals and got stabilized. Too bad Chris didn't do the same.... or as I said, stuck with the best anti-anxiety medication, created by God Himself
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

If you're brain is temporarily malfunctioning because of a fucked up pharma drug, that cannot be considered an "intent" to commit suicide. Carradine's actions would be arguably intentional, because he was intentionally being fucking stupid.
                            Unless he accidentally hung himself he obviously intended to commit suicide.
                            BTW: The weed that is available now days can affect different people in different ways. The particular strain my one legged pirate pal used to (and probably still does) smoke made me kind of paranoid and triggered borderline panic attacks. I wouldn't recommend it to someone with suicidal tendencies.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              Unless he accidentally hung himself he obviously intended to commit suicide.
                              BTW: The weed that is available now days can affect different people in different ways. The particular strain my one legged pirate pal used to (and probably still does) smoke made me kind of paranoid and triggered borderline panic attacks. I wouldn't recommend it to someone with suicidal tendencies.
                              Your pirate pal picked the wrong strain. The best route to go for anti-anxiety would be an Indica with a high level of CBD's. 1:1 ratio with THC or better. Odds are you guys were smoking a high THC Sativa strain.

How medical marijuana strains can help reduce anxiety for those who suffer from anxiety disorders & who experience stress in their everyday lives. Read more!
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Your pirate pal picked the wrong strain. The best route to go for anti-anxiety would be an Indica with a high level of CBD's. 1:1 ratio with THC or better. Odds are you guys were smoking a high THC Sativa strain.

https://www.hellomd.com/health-welln...ns-for-anxiety
                                If you read up on the various strains you'll see most if not all of them have some possible negative side effects. From personal experience I've learned even reggie can trigger mild thoughts of paranoia and such if you haven't smoked in a while. The same paranoia I experienced when I caught my first weed buzzes back in the early 70s. Weed as an anti anxiety drug isn't always a safe bet.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...