Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

I'm reasonably certain he got off that horse a long time ago. probably even before Andrew Wood died.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Most likely a heroin fuckwit who couldn't control himself
    You can relate, drug addict?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (05-20-2017)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Dr Vandy suggests depression and too much Lorazepam,a drug thats side effect can be suicidal thoughts is not a great combination.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Depression sucks.... especially for us Cascadians, since that natural source of Vitamin D only appears in the sky 2 months out of the year (if we're lucky). Of course that's probably the case in the UK too (which explains where The Smiths, The Cure, and Joy Division came from)

Today was supposed to kick off a full week of sunshine. Didn't happen.... god damn it.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Chris Cornell's Life As Grunge's True Seattle Son

Chris Cornell's Life As Grunge's True Seattle Son
    Charles R. Cross
    The Record : NPR

Of course it's a story about death and Seattle music.

I woke up this morning after bad dreams last night, only to find the real nightmare — that Chris Cornell of Soundgarden was dead. As with all these losses it seems surreal, untrue, unimaginable. But there it is.
    Death Of Chris Cornell, Powerhouse Voice Of Soundgarden, Ruled A Suicide

If there was one Seattle band of the "grunge" era that seemed more "Seattle" than any other, it was Soundgarden. Nirvana was actually from Aberdeen, and not a single member lived in Seattle until 1992; Pearl Jam didn't become a band until Eddie Vedder arrived from San Diego. But Soundgarden was truly Seattle. Chris Cornell went to high school ten blocks from my house, though for accuracy, that's just outside the Seattle city limits (and, for accuracy, he dropped out of that high school).

Soundgarden also started before all those bands. The Screaming Life EP, which came out on Sub Pop on October 1, 1987, beat all those other bands to the punch. I was editor of the Seattle music magazine The Rocket in those days, and we were the first place to publish on Soundgarden, putting them on our cover when they were playing to just twenty people. That was probably appropriate, in that our magazine was located in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle (now dominated by Amazon), which was low-rent and filled with taverns. Soundgarden made one of these, the Ditto Tavern, one of their homes. Seeing them there early on, you had the sense they truly had something, but there honestly would be only a dozen people in the audience.

Cornell, however, had a singing voice that sounded like stardom. We once put him on the cover of the The Rocket and headlined it "Golden Throats." During a photo shoot for another cover story we had the members of Soundgarden stand in Green Lake covered with mud, an homage to Mudhoney (another Seattle band in that era still trying to find an audience). Soundgarden was a slow burn, and nowhere near an overnight success. The band was on three record labels before it broke, and its biggest year was 1994, after Kurt Cobain died and when many saw the Seattle scene ebbing. But Superunknown was a record that could not be denied, and "Fell on Black Days" may be my favorite vocal of that entire era.

When they finally got through, Soundgarden's members had already done their ten-thousand hours — they'd been a band for almost a decade by the time they topped the charts. "We didn't make four records that all sounded the same and the fourth one sold a lot," Cornell told me in 1995. "If anyone looks back at our history, our fans who have been around know we're not going to pull the rug out from under anybody.

"It could be that it's taken us so long to reach this level of success that our own perceptions haven't really caught up with it yet," he told me.

Soundgarden had a few more good years after that, but temporarily broke up in 1997. Cornell joined Audioslave, then did some solo records. There were gems in his post-Soundgarden songs. A few miscues. I wrote a negative review of his attempt to cover Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," and he was unhappy about the review. That didn't really change our relationship. I was the hometown writer, the guy he knew had been at the Ditto Tavern. I interviewed him a bunch after that still, and wrote bio material for Audioslave, and the Temple of the Dog reissue last year.

It was no secret that he had always struggled with depression, but drugs were also something he admitted to the press he'd battled with. That story for Chris — for Seattle, for anyone who has battled with addiction — is so complicated it can't be easily distilled. We don't know the full story yet, and words almost can't capture the level of the loss.

Sometimes that feels like it is a story unique to Seattle music — darkness equals Seattle — but it is not a linkage of just one city and loss. It's a human story.

Often it was loss that Chris and I talked about, either in official interviews, or when the tape recorder wasn't running. Andrew Wood of Mother Love Bone had been Chris's roommate when Andrew overdosed, and that loss forever shaped Chris as a musician and as a person. Sometimes you thought that Chris's entire career — and not just the Temple of the Dog album — was a tribute to Andy.

In one of those conversations, Chris told of me Andy, "I don't know that we understood the full power of his aura and what he meant to all of us.

"It wasn't just like that I lost a friend," he said. "It was bigger than that."

Later in that same talk, in 2011, Chris looked up and seemed to be grabbing his thoughts, having a hard time keeping it together.

"There are a lot of fallen soldiers out there," he said.

Today, my bad dream from last night tells me there is one more.

Charles R. Cross is the author of nine books, including three New York Times' bestsellers. His 2001 biography of Kurt Cobain, Heavier Than Heaven, won the ASCAP Timothy White Award, and has been published in dozens of countries. Cross was Editor of The Rocket, the Seattle music magazine, from 1986 through 2000, which helped launch and break the grunge movement. As a journalist he was written for hundreds of newspapers and magazines including Rolling Stone, Esquire, Spin, Spy, Entertainment Weekly, Guitar World, Us, Salon, The London Times, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, Playboy, Q, Mojo and many more.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I used to have that issue of "The Rocket" that Cross refers to with the "Golden Throats" cover. Damned if I know what happened to that (or any of the other old Rocket issues that talked about musicians who would later become world famous)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Depression sucks.... especially for us Cascadians, since that natural source of Vitamin D only appears in the sky 2 months out of the year (if we're lucky). Of course that's probably the case in the UK too (which explains where The Smiths, The Cure, and Joy Division came from)

Today was supposed to kick off a full week of sunshine. Didn't happen.... god damn it.
    I'm taking 2000-3000 IU's of D a day now...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I'm taking 2000-3000 IU's of Hormone Replacement Therapy a day now...
    Wow. Thanks for the revelation. Are you on your way to living up to your NickDickless moniker?

11. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

jacksmar (05-20-2017)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the revelation. Are you on your way to living up to your NickDickless moniker?
    It's called vitamin deficiency, like your IQ deficiency...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I'm taking 2000-3000 IU's of D a day now...

wow, copying my ... and too depressed to stand...

anyone know what happen to the bee girl in the soundgarden video?

i thought chris cornell snuffed his life years ago...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    wow, copying my ... and too depressed to stand...

anyone know what happen to the bee girl in the soundgarden video?

i thought chris cornell snuffed his life years ago...
    ????

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's such a media cliche to call someone the "voice of a generation", but Chris literally was the voice of his generation. Last of the great rock voices. Now fucking silenced forever. God damn it.
    It's true. I dont think there is anyone else I can say I really want to listen to. Damn

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/19/chris-...-clip-suicide/

Chris Cornell used a common piece of exercise equipment to take his own life.

We've learned the Soundgarden frontman secured a red elastic exercise band attached to a carabiner to the top of his hotel bathroom door. A carabiner is a device commonly used by mountain climbers which they attach to a belt to keep them from falling. The device can withstand enormous weight.

Cornell jammed the door shut with the carabiner at the top of the frame. The carabiner was jammed so tight it left an indentation in the door frame.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Obviously he intended to kill himself so it was suicide whether the drugs he took motivated him to do it or not. He didn't accidentally hang himself trying to have a bigger orgasm like David Carradine.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you're brain is temporarily malfunctioning because of a fucked up pharma drug, that cannot be considered an "intent" to commit suicide. Carradine's actions would be arguably intentional, because he was intentionally being fucking stupid.

I've personally witnessed people dealing with suicidal impulses directly caused by pharmaceutical drugs who were not remotely suicidal otherwise. Fortunately, they refused to give in to the impulses and instead sought the help of medical professionals and got stabilized. Too bad Chris didn't do the same.... or as I said, stuck with the best anti-anxiety medication, created by God Himself

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you're brain is temporarily malfunctioning because of a fucked up pharma drug, that cannot be considered an "intent" to commit suicide. Carradine's actions would be arguably intentional, because he was intentionally being fucking stupid.
    Unless he accidentally hung himself he obviously intended to commit suicide.
    BTW: The weed that is available now days can affect different people in different ways. The particular strain my one legged pirate pal used to (and probably still does) smoke made me kind of paranoid and triggered borderline panic attacks. I wouldn't recommend it to someone with suicidal tendencies.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Unless he accidentally hung himself he obviously intended to commit suicide.
    BTW: The weed that is available now days can affect different people in different ways. The particular strain my one legged pirate pal used to (and probably still does) smoke made me kind of paranoid and triggered borderline panic attacks. I wouldn't recommend it to someone with suicidal tendencies.
    Your pirate pal picked the wrong strain. The best route to go for anti-anxiety would be an Indica with a high level of CBD's. 1:1 ratio with THC or better. Odds are you guys were smoking a high THC Sativa strain.

https://www.hellomd.com/health-welln...ns-for-anxiety

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Your pirate pal picked the wrong strain. The best route to go for anti-anxiety would be an Indica with a high level of CBD's. 1:1 ratio with THC or better. Odds are you guys were smoking a high THC Sativa strain.

https://www.hellomd.com/health-welln...ns-for-anxiety
    If you read up on the various strains you'll see most if not all of them have some possible negative side effects. From personal experience I've learned even reggie can trigger mild thoughts of paranoia and such if you haven't smoked in a while. The same paranoia I experienced when I caught my first weed buzzes back in the early 70s. Weed as an anti anxiety drug isn't always a safe bet.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The THC is the psychoactive property which might induce paranoia in some people (it never did me, thank Jesus.) So if you have that issue, go for a strain that has high CBD and low THC. It's the CBD medicinal properties which treat the anxiety, so arguably, you could get the benefits from a hemp oil made from industrial hemp, provided it was bred to have a high CBD content (which is something that is being done now in order to get medicinal CBD allowed in states which still insist on the ridiculous prohibition against weed

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    It was a pretty obvious reference to grunge music. It's all the same no matter who is playing it.

Grunge is the new Spinal Tap dead drummer joke. Cobain, Cornell, Staley, Weiland. These guys would still be alive if they had a jazz background. Or if no one had tried to intervene.

Anyway, I've heard that one of Chris Cornell's favorite movies was --------------------------------------Good Will Hanging...........
    Funny, but to me any one of those 4 you mentioned is worth more to me than all the Jon Bon Jovis, Bret Michaels, Axl Roses, Vince Neils and the like put together.

And yet while I'll never get to see any of those 4 "grunge" guys live again, those hair metal jagoffs I mentioned will doubtlessly be touring forever.

No fucking justice in this world.

25. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

FORD (05-23-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

You are missing the point that the depth/angst of the art you got from Cornell or Corbain didn't exist in someone like Vince Neil.

Maybe Vince Neil is too vacuous and silly to kill himself, it definitely appears from the outside he has been involved in more tragedy than any of the grungers.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    You are missing the point that the depth/angst of the art you got from Cornell or Corbain didn't exist in someone like Vince Neil.

Maybe Vince Neil is too vacuous and silly to kill himself, it definitely appears from the outside he has been involved in more tragedy than any of the grungers.
    I think it has more to do with that old Denis Leary joke:

Stevie Ray Vaughan is dead, yet we can't get Jon Bon Jovi into a helicopter...Whenever you hear of somebody dying of a drug overdose, it's always someone talented like John Belushi or Jimi Hendrix or Janis Joplin, but Motley Crue would NEVER die of a drug overdose!! You could put them in a room with 3 tons of crack, and a half-hour later they'd come out of the room going, "Rock on, man!!" Great, now they're gonna make a triple live album, fuck me! Help me, Jesus!!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Funny, but to me any one of those 4 you mentioned is worth more to me than all the Jon Bon Jovis, Bret Michaels, Axl Roses, Vince Neils and the like put together.

And yet while I'll never get to see any of those 4 "grunge" guys live again, those hair metal jagoffs I mentioned will doubtlessly be touring forever.

No fucking justice in this world.
    I think the music from the grunge era more than holds its own today...it has integrity and soul. What else do you want?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    I think the music from the grunge era more than holds its own today...it has integrity and soul. What else do you want?
    Yngwie MALMSteEN!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

31. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (05-29-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Ireland on Saturday night.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That actually sounded better than I expected it to.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That actually sounded better than I expected it to.
    Yeah. Seems ole Axl is much more appreciative of the music, the fans, and rock and roll, these days.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Prepare to unleash the furies!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Chris Cornell Toxicology Report Reveals Several Prescription Drugs in the Singer's System

A completed toxicology report for singer Chris Cornell confirmed his family’s suspicions - the late star was using prescription drugs at the time of his death.

According to a report obtained by TMZ, Cornell had Naloxone (Narcan), Butalbital (a sedative), Lorazepam (Ativan), Pseudoephedrine (a decongestant) and barbiturates in his system at the time of death.

"Many of us who know Chris well, noticed that he wasn’t himself during his final hours and that something was very off," wife Vicky Karayiannis said in a statement. "We have learned from this report that several substances were found in his system. After so many years of sobriety, this moment of terrible judgement seems to have completely impaired and altered his state of mind. Something clearly went terribly wrong and my children and I are heartbroken and are devastated that this moment can never be taken back. We very much appreciate all of the love we have received during this extremely difficult time and are dedicated to helping others in preventing this type of tragedy."

The Soundgarden frontman was found dead of suicide by hanging at MGM Grand Detroit after the band’s performance at Fox Theatre on May 18. He was 52.

The Wayne County, Michigan medical examiner completed an autopsy, ruling the star’s death a suicide. However, Cornell’s family has stated that they didn’t believe him to be suicidal.

Cornell’s family said they believe that the side effects of the prescription drug Ativan - which can cause worsening depression and thoughts of self-harm in rare cases - may have impacted Cornell. The toxicology report appears to show Cornell had ingested four tablets.

"Chris, a recovering addict, had a prescription for Ativan and may have taken more Ativan than recommended dosages," the family’s attorney Kirk Pasich said in a statement. "The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions."

In this Sunday, Aug. 8, 2010, file photo, musician Chris Cornell of Soundgarden performs during the Lollapalooza music festival in Grant Park in Chicago.© AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh, File In this Sunday, Aug. 8, 2010, file photo, musician Chris Cornell of Soundgarden performs during the Lollapalooza music festival in Grant Park in Chicago.
    Pasich said that Cornell told Karayiannis that he had taken "an extra Ativan or two" before his death. In a statement obtained by PEOPLE, he also claimed that the City of Detroit Law Department denied his Freedom of Information Act request for reports relating to Cornell’s death. He further stated that the family is "mystified that the medical examiner announced a cause of death when the full autopsy report has not been completed."

"We are grateful for the outpouring of support as we mourn Chris’ passing, but we still have several unanswered questions about what led to his death," Karayiannis added in a June 1 statement. "We believe the toxicology report will answer these questions."

Longtime manager Ron Laffitte told CNN ahead of the funeral, "Very often times people who are in recovery have a relapse or a slip. I think unfortunately what so often happens when a recovering addict has a slip is they return to a level where they left off as opposed to easing their way back in."

Detroit artist and musician Kevin Morris - a friend of Cornell’s - previously told PEOPLE that the singer has "been clean for years."

"What was troubling him I don’t think we’ll ever know," Morris said. "I think he was a little nervous about playing in Detroit, the music capital of the world, and he took a little too much of the Ativan."

Cornell was laid to rest Friday at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Cornell’s body was flown to California, where it was cremated, the family’s attorney Kirk Pasich previously told PEOPLE in a statement. Friday’s funeral service was private, but was followed by a public memorial later in the day.

If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

LINK

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rumors of homicide based on the amount of blood present on the floor:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-blood...155333538.html

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

which titted, big hole said “If Harvey Weinstein invites you to a private party in the Four Seasons, don’t go.”

turns out this dead grunge dude is still relevant.

----

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pictured: Left - Justin Timberlake, Middle - Michael Hutchence, Right - Gotye

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Great song... but what the fuck does Weinstein have to do with Chris Cornell?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pictured: Left - Justin Timberlake, Middle - Michael Hutchence, Right - Gotye
    Do you need new glasses, or an adjustment in your medication?

Thread Information