• Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    bbc.com
    Manchester attack: Who was the suspect Salman Abedi?

Police standing outside address searched in Whalley Range, Manchester Image copyright Getty Images
    Image caption A property in Whalley Range, Manchester, was among two addresses searched by police

Police have named 22-year-old Salman Abedi as the person suspected of carrying out the suicide attack at Manchester Arena on Monday evening.

Abedi was born in Manchester on New Year's Eve 1994 to a family believed to be of Libyan origin.

It is thought he has at least three siblings - an elder brother who was born in London, and a younger brother and sister who were born in Manchester.

Manchester is home to one of the largest Libyan communities in the UK and neighbours have talked about the family having a Libyan flag flying in its house at certain times of the year.

Abedi's family lived at more than one address in the city, including a property at Elsmore Road in the Fallowfield area that was raided by police.

Officers also carried out a search of a property in Whalley Range.

Salford University confirmed Abedi had been a student there and said it was assisting police with their inquiries.

A trustee of the Manchester Islamic Centre, also known as the Didsbury Mosque, told the Press Association it was likely Abedi had attended there.

Fawaz Haffar said Abedi's father used to perform the call for prayer at the mosque, and one of his brothers had been a volunteer there.

"We make sure they preach the true Islam, the modern Islam, that preaches love to each other, peace and harmony," he added.

Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said Abedi has not been formally named by the coroner.

He said the priority for detectives was to establish whether Abedi was acting alone or working as part of a wider network when he set off his device after the concert by US singer Ariana Grande, killing 22 people.

A 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation.

doesn't seem to fit the typical "terrorist" profile........
    What was the point of the bold text?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      What was the point of the bold text?
      It's pointing out that those who knew this guy the best do not buy the accusation that he was some fucking IS-Hole extremist.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

It's to point out he has zero social skills.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

One of the networks reported that a book titled "Know Your Chemicals" was found at the bomber's residence...but I suppose that was just left over from his chemistry class.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hell, it's Manchester. It could have been an Xtasy cookbook

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
              How come that hasn't merited a mention here yet? Any of you Europeans been rethinking your stance of Muslims yet?
              Actually I was travelling today and not online but actually I don't have a whole lot to say about it.

I didn't rethink my stance on catholics when a tiny minority of them bombed the UK funded by Americans constantly for 30 years as I grew up.

Eventually I hope even you will grasp that terrorism only works if you are stupid enough to react in the way they want you to.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Worst thing is, these cunts don't even get the irony of that.... [/QUOTE]

She's the British Ann Coulter making money from attention whoring, please don't post her BS it only encourages them...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Now that you mention it, that does sound like something Ann the Man would have said.....

"We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

She is just some horrible cunty woman that came 3rd on The Apprentice here or something.

Seriously like the Pat Buchanan stuff you post there comes a point when posting an emoticon at the bottom of some shitty hate speech is doing nothing apart from spreading it.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Etienne
                      Aside from strengthen our security measures, what should we rethink exactly in your opinion?
                      Inviting a couple hundred thousand them to move to your country maybe?
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

After your country killed tens of thousands of their kids with bombs?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The actions of Bush and Blair means every so often we now have these horrific random acts by cunts. Thanks!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Eventually I hope even you will grasp that terrorism only works if you are stupid enough to react in the way they want you to.
                            Terrorism exists. Pretending it doesn't won't make it go away.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

The actions of Bush and Blair means every so often we now have these horrific random acts by cunts. Thanks!
                              Thanks to Blair as well. Bush didn't hold a gun to his head to make him go along for the ride. Your country is just as guilty as mine when it comes to killing innocent civilians.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• jacksmar
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Actually I was travelling today and not online but actually I don't have a whole lot to say about it.

I didn't rethink my stance on catholics when a tiny minority of them bombed the UK funded by Americans constantly for 30 years as I grew up.

you mean sit like a whipped dog and beg?
                                Last edited by jacksmar; 05-23-2017, 10:33 PM.
                                A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

Working...