Thread: Thoughts To Full Bong

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,982 Posts

Full fucking Bong is gone. Damn. This sucks. I really enjoyed fucking with him over all these years. He pretty much always took everything we threw at him, very well. He was able to laugh at us, himself and all the nonsense we used to perpetuate around here. Full Bong was a crazy character that fit right in with us here. Even though he was Canadian, I’m gonna miss the shit out of that dude.

RIP Full Bong. You will never ever be forgotten.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 8 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (12-19-2017),Fairwrning (12-17-2017),FORD (12-18-2017),Nickdfresh (12-16-2017),Seshmeister (12-15-2017),Terry (12-26-2017),twonabomber (12-15-2017),ZahZoo (12-26-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

He was one of the first people I ever chatted to on here at the start in the late 90s.

I was saying to friends tonight in the bar how odd it was to have a someone you talked to online occasionally for nearly 20 years die who you had never met or even talked to on the phone. You don't really know how to react but its been sad..

I guess that's going to be much more common in the world as time goes on.

Von nailed it, Bug could be a little dopey sometimes but he never took offence and could take a ribbing in good fun better than anyone else on here. I like to think he was able to do that because he was happy and secure in himself which is everything....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (12-15-2017),ZahZoo (12-26-2017)

Dime Bag
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2018 @ 01:18 AM
    Status
    Thanks

We all have the same fate. I hope to leave a lasting impression like he left on me when I was younger. RIP full bug. He proved that even the smallest act of kindness can be remembered.

6. 2 users say thank you to faddam234 for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (12-18-2017),Von Halen (12-15-2017)

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-11-2022 @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Rest in peace the full bug you were always a class act with me and everyone here, I believe your name and the impression on me I could never forget how you welcome me here , I haven’t been at the army in years now but I had to come by and pay my respect to you and our virtual world that really came alive here at the roth army for me anyway. RA for life, respect.

8. 2 users say thank you to franksters for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (12-18-2017),Von Halen (12-18-2017)

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sad news. RIP..
    Last edited by Fairwrning; 12-17-2017 at 02:17 PM.

10. 2 users say thank you to Fairwrning for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (12-18-2017),Von Halen (12-18-2017)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Dear Full Bug, you impacted a lot of people's lives, even if you never met them. We will remember your beautiful soul, and witty posts. Rest in peace bro, Ash

12. 4 users say thank you to ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (12-18-2017),Terry (12-26-2017),vandeleur (12-19-2017),Von Halen (12-18-2017)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

I really thought the medicinal properties of all the weed he smoked over the years would help him beat this shit. Goddamn it.

Rest in peace, Bug. I know JC's got the good stuff up there

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Fuckin hell - I can’t believe he’s gone. Bong came over to the other place which shall not be mentioned back in the day. Bong was always cool and never took sides. I wish now I had put aside the bullshit and spent more time talking shit with Bong. Dayum...Bong - you were always level headed and cool. I’m gonna miss you brother.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sad sad thing. Later Bug.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Sesh mentioned it's odd that we feel loss even though most of us have never met in person or even heard the other's voice. That's just human compassion at it's core. The silly times spent here seem insignificant compared to real life in many ways... but on the other hand we've all touched many lives and shared common experiences in this little corner of cyber-space. Full Bug... aka Full Bong was one of those that made this community a source of fun and entertainment. His spirit lives on in these electronic records of mischievous debauchery... He will be missed!!

Now I got to go shower... after the thought of touching most of you... I feel dirty both physically and morally!!

17. 3 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Igosplut (01-02-2018),Nickdfresh (12-26-2017),Seshmeister (12-28-2017)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's so odd: I've been conversing with some of you bastards for, what, 14 years, now?

To be sure, I've only met a couple of rotharmy members in person, but I've been more truthful with some of you here over the last 14 years than I've been with some people I've worked with year in and year out for the last EIGHTEEN years...and some of THOSE people I honestly wouldn't miss if they vanished off the face of the Earth tomorrow.

I didn't know Full Bug well, but he WILL be missed.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You know your day is coming but it always seems so far away...when a cvh fan dies, ya figure they are close to your age and the reality hits you like a brick wall...another 20 - 30 years and with any luck you are retired and have 10 good years to go(unless you are Kristy and you will be a hateful bitch forever )..this time of year makes you think more about it also..another year has come and gone..Happy New Year fuckers..Hope its a good one...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I mean, we've already lost a 1/2 dozen or so members, all of whom were right around our ages...

Sobering stuff.

By all means, let's have a great 2018.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Yeah, I mean, we've already lost a 1/2 dozen or so members, all of whom were right around our ages...

Sobering stuff.

By all means, let's have a great 2018.
    Eat right. Exercise. Don't drink too much (you should have partied like a reckless fool when you were young). Let the doctor stick his finger up your ass in an annual checkup. Try and get laid as much as possible. Realize you can't solve shit so fuck the world's problems and just take a who gives a fuck attitude towards things and live in the moment to it's fullest. When you read bad news just be glad it wasn't you that it happened to. Celebrate that the sun came up today. Pull down your pants and moon the busy street just for the hell of it.

22. 3 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (12-28-2017),Terry (12-28-2017),ZahZoo (12-28-2017)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Eat right. Exercise. Don't drink too much (you should have partied like a reckless fool when you were young). Let the doctor stick his finger up your ass in an annual checkup. Try and get laid as much as possible. Realize you can't solve shit so fuck the world's problems and just take a who gives a fuck attitude towards things and live in the moment to it's fullest. When you read bad news just be glad it wasn't you that it happened to. Celebrate that the sun came up today. Pull down your pants and moon the busy street just for the hell of it.
    To summarize...every day above ground is a good day.

Bug was a character. He'll be missed.

24. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (12-28-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just received the below email from Full Bong's Wife Tracey. Very sobering.

I agree with those that have talked about it not being weird to feel the way we do about a loss like this, and the others we've lost. I did speak to Full Bong on the phone a couple of times, but never did meet him in person. Still, I felt 100% like I knew him. Same way with the others we've lost, that we know about. I mean, a lot of us have been doing this from as far back as the old VH mailing list, and the rest of these sites that followed. Not so much these days, but back when all these forums were thriving, I spent more time with you guys, than I did my friends that I could see any time I wanted. Hell, I had more in common with a lot of you, than I did those fuckers. Whenever I did meet anyone from these sites in person, I always felt immediately like I knew them, even though it was a first meeting. Now of course, some turned out to be even weirder in person than on the forums. But hey, it provided for fun conversation and good times to reminisce about at a later time. You know, like the time a bunch of us, Twona I think, DiverDowninKKKy and a few others crashed at Lactations house after just meeting him, and some thought they weren't going to be let out alive! Ha ha! Or, the time I told my Wife as we were pulling up to the beach in Fort Lauderdale, that we were meeting WARF in person, from this very site! She was so fucking pissed! Holy shit, I still crack up thinking about it. Even as crazy as that fucker is, she was never hesitant to meet anyone from here, after that. Anyway, saddens me to lose "friends" from this site, and any others I've frequented over the years.

By the way, don't feel like you're the only one if when you first looked at her email address, you thought it was cameltoe! I did too!

Hi Von
    I know that you were a friend to Sean. He made me promise that if anything ever happened to him that I contact you and tell you. I did send an email from my camelot68@gmail.com account but I assume that you didn't open it because it went to your spam or you didn't recognize it. I am shutting Sean's account here down today but you can contact me if needed or if anyone else wants to send a note at that gmail account just mention fullbug/Sean in the subject

I am not sure how much he shared publicly at the site but he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March and started chemo and radiation. He had been doing amazingly well and the tumor was responding well to treatment. We had been anticipating him having a succesful surgery on Dec 19 and doctors were confident.. Around Dec 7 the meds were no longer effective so on Dec 13 they were changed and seemed to help. He woke the morning of the14th and said he felt very strange and not well. I told him his body was likely adjusting to the new meds and that he should maybe lay down and try to relax after about 5 minutes he said he needed to use the bathroom but didn't feel like he could walk (I am disabled so I could not help) He crawled to the bathroom and thats when he had his first heart attack. The second occured when paramedics arrived, he flatlined and they had to revive him. He flatlined again and they intubated and used paddles, they got him back but he suffered another heart attack in the ambulance and his final attack was in the hospital and he passed. I never got to see him or say goodbye because I was trying to get a ride there. I am thankful his sister was with him. I don't need to tell you that I am devastated by the loss, he was the love of my life. Anyhow like I said, I will be shutting down this account so if anyone wants to contact me or if you want to post details at the site feel free to pass the info along. Take care

26. 4 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (12-28-2017),Seshmeister (12-29-2017),vandeleur (12-28-2017),ZahZoo (01-05-2018)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

That's terrible. I'm surprised his doctors were optimistic at all, I've always thought that pancreatic cancer was essentially a death sentence. I recall having a conversation with the lady down the street from my parents while walking their dog and his pissing on her lawn. Six months later, she was dead from the above insidious version of the disease. It's a scourge but I'm glad I got to know Full Bug from this site and perhaps more so at DDLR. He made me laugh and I think that's the greatest gift one can give and am really sorry for his surviving partner and family.

As far as getting older and seeing people pass from this site, I think Flash Bastard was the first I knew of and of course Maximus and Al dying hit me the hardest personally. I guess maybe the best way to honor Full Bong, and all the rest, is to turn up the VH and live life to the fullest....
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-28-2017 at 05:29 PM.

28. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (12-29-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I sent Tracey the link to this thread, and she did come read it. She very much appreciates all the kind words, and even the funny shit, that has been contributed. We made her smile during a horrible time. Doesn't get much better than that.

30. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (12-29-2017),ZahZoo (12-29-2017)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

I live in Buffalo because I don't mind the cold and like the seasons, but I swear to God people start dying around American Thanksgiving to February here...

I work with a girl that has had like five deaths of friends or family in the last two months. But I suspect she drinks a lot and maybe a pill-head though...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-28-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I went ahead and did the last thing first...twice: is it okay I'm not going in sequence with the list?

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-01-2018 @ 09:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I was really sorry to hear about this. Very sad news to say the least. RIP Full Bong.

34. Thanked DiverDowninKy for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (01-01-2018)

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    01-02-2018 @ 02:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    This is awful news, knew FB from way back and its a shame when this happens. The guy loved this band and the website.....its awful how this disease takes lives the way it does. RIP Bug, I am sure the man upstairs will take good care of you.

Your old friend - Mike B

Because I can, dammit!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2018 @ 12:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I heard from a rotharmy family member that bug died. Blew me away. He was a kind sort. We spoke a few times on the phone. We've lost quite a few members through the years.... :'(

Thread Information