Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He forgot being too dumb to get his own name as a Twitter ID, hence "The Real Donald Trump", or the 7-second attention span ala NATO...

Covfefe!!!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Don't worry..... the religious reich wackjobs will make sure that JESUS prevents the ImOrangement from happening!!

Apparently the angel who was supposed to "edit" Jeff Sessions comments was on vacation that day....
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Ford was more than just the kindly old goofball who stumbled down the stairs all the time. He was basically a "fixer" for the BCE. First notably deployed on the Warren Commission to make sure that ended up with the outcome that certain people wanted, then the Nixon pardon. And of course there's also the fact that he appointed Rummy & Cheney to his cabinet, and promoted Poppy Bush to the head of the CIA. It was no random accident that Jerry was chosen to finish Nixon's term, and just as likely that it was also by design that not a whole lot of effort was put into keeping him in office after 1976.

In that context, I don't know of anyone within the Trump circle who fits the same criteria, but if you consider the Koch Brothers being the ones pulling Pence's strings, then they would want him replaced with another one of their own. John Kasich or (God help us all) Scott Walker would fit this description, as they have served the Koch machine as loyally as Jerry Ford served the BCE. Christie would also fit this description, but given the bad blood between him and Jared Kushner (for putting his daddy in prison) he's never going to be Cheeto's veep and eventual replacement.

Well, if one views Ford as part of the WH enabler continuum for the deviate elite who run the world - a belief system I don't necessarily completely disagree with - much of what you said about Ford makes sense in retrospect.

At the time, though, Ford wasn't nearly as important or powerful on the Warren Commission as Dulles or Russell (and I think the Commission outcome in terms of the ultimate conclusion, that being Oswald was the lone shooter and also acted alone, was correct). In 1974, Rummy and Cheney didn't have some 30 year plan in place re: global neoconservative goals. In the mid 1970s, Poppy Bush wasn't looked upon as a politician with a presidency in his future. He barely managed to win a Congressional seat in Texas, lost a Senate race and was more of an appointed GOP hack than anyone who had a track record of ever winning elections on his own. Also, back then, heading the CIA in the wake of the various mid 1970s Congressional investigations and revelations of what that agency had been up to was looked upon as, if anything, something that would have disqualified Bush from a future in elective politics. As to the Nixon pardon, I don't think Ford was ever put into the VP slot with any explicit instructions regarding a quid pro quo re: a Nixon pardon, nor was there a similar arrangement when Nixon was on the eve of resigning (the presidency was never Nixons to keep or to conditionally give away). I think Nixon was hopeful that Ford would pardon him out of what was believed to be (regardless of one's personal agreement with it or not) Ford's general sense of decency, because prior to 1973 Nixon and Ford didn't have a decades-long close friendship of any kind that could have offered Nixon a certainty of expectations in terms of Ford treating Nixon a certain way.

I mean, the BCE belief system is certainly an explanation to a point, but I'm not going to jump into it as wholeheartedly as you have, Ford. Simply because I can't...I don't read history quite the same way. That isn't to say you're wrong, though.

Scott Walker. Fuck me, that lipless little ignoramus gives me the creeps. And Kasich only seemed an acceptable alternative in 2016 when contrasted to the rest of the GOP presidential field: by those diminished standards, doubtless Kasich seemed wise and statesmanlike.

Yeah, even if Kushner gets swamped in legal problems, doubtless he'll continue to hold influence with Trump. By far, Trump's favorite family member is his daughter. Being that Trump would clearly (and creepily) like to screw her, I suppose he publicly professes his support for Kushner as a way of having sex with Ivanka vicariously through Kushner. I mean, there's no dark humor in any of what I just said regarding Donald wanting to have sex with his daughter. His body language and comments toward and about her and his lack of a moral compass all lead me to honestly believe he'd fuck her if he could get away with it. Mostly because she IS his daughter, and he loves nobody more than himself, so it would make sense the only person he might love as much as himself is a child who is the result of half of him.

Like, the only daughter he could want to have sex with more than Ivanka is a genetically created daughter spawned in a Trump gold-plated laboratory that was ENTIRELY the result of Donald's genes.
        Last edited by Terry; 06-17-2017, 07:02 PM.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Meet Cheeto's new lawyer.... Pat Robertson's puppet Jay Sekulow.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sekulow covfefe! LOL

This assclown against Muller's gang, LMFAO....

Trump's hair will look good in an orange jumpsuit...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And when Jay isn't stirring up religious reich bullshit on behalf of Pat Robertson, he pretends to be a musician.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Sekulow covfefe! LOL

This assclown against Muller's gang, LMFAO....

Trump's hair will look good in an orange jumpsuit...

I know the Hitler thing is always overused but there comes a point that you become thankful for the inepititude of some hellish leaders because when things start to unravel it starts really working against them.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I know the Hitler thing is always overused but there comes a point that you become thankful for the inepititude of some hellish leaders because when things start to unravel it starts really working against them.
                    Frankly, I have more respect for Hitler's accomplishments in terms of his early years up to 1933 than I do those of Trump in his formative years.

Hitler literally came from next to nothing, scrapped for all he had, fought bravely with distinction in war, joined a lesser political party and transformed it into the main political party in his country, and was elected Chancellor.

Trump was born into a wealthy family, was given everything he had, dodged the draft, took over a hollowed-out political party...I suppose he deserves some degree of credit for being elected President.

I will say both Hitler and Trump knew and know how to throw very...energetic political rallies. Beyond that, Hitler, once elected, wasn't shy about doing what was necessary to grab the reins of power and install himself as the Grand Supreme Leader of Germany Forever (or at least 1945, whichever came first). To be fair, Germany in the early 1930s wasn't really comparable to present-day America in terms of political structure, but as a President thus far "bumbling" is the word that comes to mind when thinking about Trump.

Now, to Trump's credit, he hasn't yet tried to exterminate an entire race of people. So, clearly Trump has a ways to go re: reaching the level of a Hitler.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

LOL lazy post by me.

What I was trying to say and it's the subject of a time travel novel called Making History by Stephen Fry whereby in some ways there comes a point when you are thankful that the guy is nuts or wicked because in my optimistic moments it makes me feel that not being a cunt is an advantage in the long run.
                      In the novel going back and stopping Hitler becomes a terrible idea because a slightly less bad guy comes to power instead and wins WWII.

All of this is hyperbole of course comparing Hitler to Trump but I just meant that although it can be bewildering, worrying and infuriating that he makes ridiculous decisions, tells blatant lies and is making so many mistakes, the positive is that he will do this when defending himself as well.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

LOL lazy post by me.

What I was trying to say and it's the subject of a time travel novel called Making History by Stephen Fry whereby in some ways there comes a point when you are thankful that the guy is nuts or wicked because in my optimistic moments it makes me feel that not being a cunt is an advantage in the long run.
                        In the novel going back and stopping Hitler becomes a terrible idea because a slightly less bad guy comes to power instead and wins WWII.

All of this is hyperbole of course comparing Hitler to Trump but I just meant that although it can be bewildering, worrying and infuriating that he makes ridiculous decisions, tells blatant lies and is making so many mistakes, the positive is that he will do this when defending himself as well.
                        Is this sort of analogous to a hypothetical scenario of Trump being removed from office and subsequently Pence - generally thought of as less crazy than Trump - going on to start WWIII because God told him to do so?
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

LOL lazy post by me.

Someone recently said something along the lines of being thankful that Trump and his Administration are turning out to be so incompetent, because otherwise they could actually cause some real damage. My thought to that was just give it some more time. I wouldn't put so much as even odds on Trump actually being removed from office right now, and even should that come to pass, short of a massive bombshell that is impeccably illustrated with evidentiary documentation...the impeachment process will probably take at least a couple of years. A lot can happen in that time.

I mean, look at Trump's 2016 campaign: rife with ridiculous decisions, blatant lies and seemingly one mistake piled on top of another - he won the election. To be sure, a whole host of reasons (many of which were in place before Trump even declared his candidacy) went into that victory...but Trump just defies conventional political belief. I loathe the guy, and even I can't deny that he pulled off something that was as stunning as it was stupefying.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the biggest worry is that frustrated at not being able to achieve anything domestically because of checks and balances he goes to the stuff where he actually does have a lot of power and starts playing with your military...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well.... it worked for Chimpy.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...