SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Tom Cruise: Of Blow Jobs and Bible Study

From Hollywood Reporter. An excerpt from character actor Curtis Andrews ARMSTRONG's new book:

Tom wasn't f—ing around. Actually, I take that back. He was. With Rebecca inaccessible, he started cutting a wide swath through the local talent. Not that I noticed right away. He self-identified as a born-again Christian and the rumor was he had actually considered shepherding souls for a living. I could believe it. Away from the set, initially, Tom made straight arrows look like corkscrews. I would ask him at the end of the day if he would like to join us at the bar for a drink. "No," I recall him saying, "Got an early call tomorrow. Got to work out still, study my lines. And then I like to read the Bible a little before bed."

I laughed. He didn't. "Ah," I said, cutting off the laugh at the pass and nodding wisely. "A little bit of the Good Book before bedtime, eh?"

"Yeah," he said. "Just a little at night. Keeps me on the right track, you know?"

But then, returning late one night, I found three or four young girls — late teens, I suspect — lined up in the hall outside of Tom's room. I remember thinking, "Tom's going to be really upset if these hot girls interfere with his Bible reading." So I asked them, with all the stern gravitas of my 28 years, if there was something I could do to help them.

They just stared at me, and at that moment, Tom's door opened and another girl came out, adjusting her hair and taking off down the hall, while the first girl in line slipped into Tom's room. This was a young man who knew something about time management and understood how to successfully juggle Bible study and blow jobs. I went to bed alone that night thinking it served me right for not being religious.

I recorded my impression of him in the journal I kept during that time: Tom's an interesting character. Can't really make him out. He would appear to be on the brink of a great career. But when it comes to doing things with him — socially or professionally — he's not terribly reliable. Always late, very casual with other people's time. But in spite of it all, it's difficult not to like him. Though it's early days, the rehearsing I've done with him has gone smoothly. No arrogance or selfishness there. Yet. We'll see.

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-22-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Uh oh... Booger is going to have the Lord Xenu hit squads after him now....

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    From Hollywood Reporter. An excerpt from character actor Curtis Andrews new book:
    Curtis Armstrong you mean AKA Herbert Viola.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

We'll just refer to him as Booger hereinafter...

Thread Information