X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

US Senate Has Lost Its God Damn Mind

"A draft of the "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018" — which approves the budget and policies for US defensive projects — outlines a ban on the usage of Kaspersky Lab software products at DOD facilities under the explanation that the Russian antivirus vendor "might be vulnerable to Russian government influence."

A draft of the "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018" — which approves the budget and policies for US defensive projects — outlines a ban on the usage of Kaspersky Lab software products at DOD facilities under the explanation that the Russian antivirus vendor "might be vulnerable to Russian government influence."

US weariness towards Kaspersky Lab, the company, are based on the fact that Eugene Kaspersky, its founder and CEO, was trained by the KGB and worked as a Soviet intelligence officer in the Red Army, a period which he many times declined to talk about.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kaspersky is a well rated international brand, and a lot of people use it. I don't, because of the guy's KGB background. I don't use the Israeli made "Zone Alarm" for the same reason, because it's creators were "former" Mossad operatives. It might be just paranoia, of course, but why take the chance of giving foreign spies a backdoor into your computer.

The DOD should be running all of their computers - and most certainly their servers - on a more secure operating system in the first goddamned place.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

In other words, master Bernie voted for this bill.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I have no idea if he did or not. First time I heard of this bill is when I read this thread.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Made this connection well before the DOD did, threw out the ZoneAlarm...

Comment

Working...