Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's more chilled these days here with one or so exceptions.

It's like an old car you want to keep running but doesn't seem worth rebuilding at this point.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
      No chatbox anymore? Cheap fuckers.
      That's Donnie's fault...too!
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I expect we'll hear something from the band next year for their 40th anniversary... a short tour will net them enough to sit on their lazy asses and get them all to 65 and full Medicare eligibility.

I never figured Vandy to be a bacon pounder... This new age of gender openess leaves nothing off the table... Go figure.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Man some of the women I've been knocked back off a bacon pounder is a compliment
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            I expect we'll hear something from the band next year for their 40th anniversary... a short tour will net them enough to sit on their lazy asses and get them all to 65 and full Medicare eligibility.

I never figured Vandy to be a bacon pounder... This new age of gender openess leaves nothing off the table... Go figure.
            A nice box set featuring previously unreleased live material like Oakland 1981 would be great. But that would detract all of Ed's time from a third or fourth remaster of studio albums.

In any case I'm tired of holding my breath only to become "Little Boy Blue"...

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              A nice box set featuring previously unreleased live material like Oakland 1981 would be great. But that would detract all of Ed's time from a third or fourth remaster of studio albums.

Yeah, some previously officially unavailable CVH-related live material being officially released WOULD be pretty cool.

Much the same, I won't grow moss sitting around waiting for that to happen.

More likely is a few token extra tracks thrown in on an overpriced, mixed-era greatest hits release. I mean, I've heard the various remasters, and none of them were really an improvement to my ears over my original cd purchases...but, sometimes your original purchases get scratched/shit the bed/whatever, and you end up replacing them with a remaster because nothing else is in the stores anymore. Short of replacing a CVH cd for functionality reasons, I'm done repurchasing the CVH albums: between vinyl to cassette to cd, I've bought each of those 6 albums at least 3 times.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Terry
                Yeah, some previously officially unavailable CVH-related live material being officially released WOULD be pretty cool.

Much the same, I won't grow moss sitting around waiting for that to happen.

More likely is a few token extra tracks thrown in on an overpriced, mixed-era greatest hits release. I mean, I've heard the various remasters, and none of them were really an improvement to my ears over my original cd purchases...but, sometimes your original purchases get scratched/shit the bed/whatever, and you end up replacing them with a remaster because nothing else is in the stores anymore. Short of replacing a CVH cd for functionality reasons, I'm done repurchasing the CVH albums: between vinyl to cassette to cd, I've bought each of those 6 albums at least 3 times.
                As suckers who invested in VH aLl these years we should be allowed to tour 5150 studio for free lol... on behalf of evh thanks for everything....now let evh rest in piece enjoying the view of the pacific ocean from his Malibu beach house...RNR! Nota Bene: always interesting to read you Terry.
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                  As suckers who invested in VH aLl these years we should be allowed to tour 5150 studio for free lol... on behalf of evh thanks for everything....now let evh rest in piece enjoying the view of the pacific ocean from his Malibu beach house...RNR! Nota Bene: always interesting to read you Terry.
                  Sometimes I DO almost feel like Eddie still owes me something...

"You owe me for buying your records several times over, so pay me what I'm fucking due by selling me that restored live CVH footage I want!"

The reality of it is I've extracted a lot of...I dunno...what do I call it...just the pure pleasure of listening to those first 6 Van Halen albums for roughly 3 & 1/2 decades now. And I'm thankful that band got together and did what they did. Far as a free tour of the 5150 studio, not interested. I don't even particularly want to meet the guy. Last I heard, he still puts his pants on one leg at a time, just like anyone else.

Now, full access to his gear and his archives and the ability to abscond with whatever I may want to take, THAT is another story.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                    Sometimes I DO almost feel like Eddie still owes me something...
                    I used to until ADKOT and those tours. Obviously it would have been better if Ed and Dave had both been good at the same time but whatever.

People here have posted for years about an archive boxset release but I don't think that would be as good as some folk think. Noel Monk said there was no other video he was aware of and I think that VH have squeezed everything good out of their productive period.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      That's Donnie's fault...too!
                      I should have known! Hey Double Z. Hope all is well.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

You are a buffalo fan, wouldn't it be little boy blew?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You are a buffalo fan, wouldn't it be little boy blew?
                          Well, the team was founded by a Detroit fan and Michigan resident...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

little boy blew?
                            He needed the money....OHHHH!!!!!
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I should have known! Hey Double Z. Hope all is well.
                              Life is good... I got my health, family is growing, it's summer time and I'm thoroughly enjoying life!!

Comment

• Grit
                                Roadie
                                • Oct 2011

Is Eddie Van Halen retiring?

Is Eddie Van Halen Retiring?

It's more like . . . . Is he coming out of retirement?

Comment

Working...