X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Could be Dave's encounters with women were so unremarkable and far less frequent than legend leads one to believe... that frankly, there's no savvy nor non-disclosure agreement necessary. I've come to the conclusion Dave is all hat and no cattle.

Clearly the fact of not a single woman has come forward to spill the inside dirt on Dave indicates he hasn't properly pissed off any women... That... is far, far too easy for any man!
    Plus nobody cares. Grunge rolled in and Dave's hair fell out and that was that. End of Eat My Spandex and Smile.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Plus nobody cares. Grunge rolled in and Dave's hair fell out and that was that. End of Eat My Spandex and Smile.
      Yeah, his career sputtered in a big way with the ALAE release, and that album came out very early in the year of 1991, several months before anybody had even heard of Nirvana or Pearl Jam. So the grunge explosion may have been the tidal wave that swamped him, but the reality is that he was struggling to stay afloat circa ALAE even before the wave swept him under. I think in a broad-based audience sense, his whole act and shtick just petered out with the ALAE title track single and video, regardless of the album eventually going platinum or not and the relative success of the tour. That spandexed style of hair metal was waning for the last couple of years before ALAE was released, and (rightly or wrongly) Roth was lumped in with all that stuff, mostly because he was credited as the stylistic inventor of that style.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Roth does strike me as one peculiar, solitary dude.

I was being half-facetious with my remarks...still, he strikes me as a strange guy.

Bottom line: even if he does turn out to be heavy metal's Rock Hudson, it will be neither shocking nor something that would lessen my appreciation of his work.

It IS just weird, though, when I think about it, how (far as I can recall) not a single woman - EVER - has come forward to spill the inside dirt on her relationship/encounter/one night stand/whatever with the man. Especially in this age of tell-alls. Like, did Roth get every woman he was ever with to sign a lifetime non-disclosure agreement? Or was he just that savvy at gauging which women he could trust to be discreet?
        I believe the "plaster castor" girls or some other groupie claimed they fucked Dave, I don't recall the rating; but it was something like 'average sized penis but above average in bed'...

I also recall a local lore rumor about Dave "partying" with a group of local (of age) high school girls from an affluent district after the 1984 show at the Memorial Aud. But all that with a grain of salt...

Here's a couple links regarding Dave's supposed ex-GF's: http://www.whosdatedwho.com/dating/david-lee-roth

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Bottom line: even if he does turn out to be heavy metal's Rock Hudson, it will be neither shocking nor something that would lessen my appreciation of his work.
          Dave is indeed a very strange guy, but I think he's too strange for just "being gay" to really adequately address his oddity...

And there have already been the Rock Hudson's of rock!
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-23-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Yeah, but with both Mercury and Halford, unlike Hudson was anyone REALLY that shocked when either of those guys came out?

With Roth it would be more shocking because he has definitely built his image on the rock star hetero superstud thing.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to clear this matter up.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                I'm sure he'll be along shortly to clear this matter up.
                Doubtless he will allay any such concerns with a performance consisting of the funky chicken dance on his center stage slip and slide, while he is decked out in an ascot and displays his manly use of the jazz hands jive.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                  Groupie
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  Apollonia was married when she was working with Prince...first marriage reportedly from 1980 to 1985, and married a different guy in '87. She left Apollonia 6 in 1985. Wouldn't have been anything for Prince to nix if Dave dated her between '85 and '87.
                  True, I believe she was married when she was dating Dave. Prince didn't mess with married women, but you know ole Dave didn't care lol
                  I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

Working...