X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Damn bad news for sure...

I've always digged Petty's music from 1985 (I started listening to Don't come around here no more through its hilarious video), especially the Into the Great Wide Open album, which is just mint to me.
    Damn the Torpedoes is always stated as a masterpiece, but I never could get into it. I always skip to the second part of the Greatest Hits CD, but always feel bad about doing so because I find the man so cool.
    One of my pals once played a blues record Petty had recorded a couple of years ago, which sounded really great I thought.

R.I.P.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Saw Petty & the Heartbreakers at The Gorge several times. Always a great show. Missed him this last tour for a number of reasons.... thought I'd have another chance to see him.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I'm glad he's dead. His musical career certainly was. I called it back in 2015.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I would tell you to go to Hell... but my good friend Satan doesn't deserve that.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...