Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Discovery

Anyone else watching this?

I'm not a Trekkie but have dipped my toes in it over the years and just caught up with this one, it's pretty good I think although not faultless.

It's a pity Hitch1969 isn't around to see his beloved Trek becoming so female centric I would liked to have seen his reaction.

Am not a Trekkie but I have enjoyed the 3 I watched , I like Brian fuller stuff so that was the initial draw.
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

I only heard about it after reading Jason Isaacs saying "those people who hate on the show because we have a person of color and woman as the lead, they can go fuck themselves."

I've always liked Jason Isaacs...
      Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-10-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Isaacs is great as the "fucked up" Starfleet Captain...

Overall pretty good, but some of the tech and the war are a bit confusing in the Star Trek cannon/timeline...

Comment

They also seem to be taking the same approach to distance and travel times as Game of Thrones does these days.

How did all those Klingons get there so fast?

Also who and how did someone get the telescope to her?

Comment

Return of the Jedi was a bit far fetched

Comment

Well it's a plot point.

MINOR SPOILER COMING---------------------

The main plot idea is to develop a super slug guided ship that can take you instantly anywhere so Jeremy can beat the Klingons.

If the previous week the Klingons have set off a beacon that allows all 24 of their tribes from all over the galaxy to turn up at the same time an hour? or so later without having super slug guided ships then it kind of fucks things up in the story a bit surely?

Also there is a major plot about albino Klingon salvaging the ship 6 months later to get the valuable dilithium crystal thing then it seems a bit fucking odd that we have to assume that the Federation have already been there to collect a fucking telescope but left the crystal.

Being scifi is not an excuse for shitty plotting.

Comment

Wow I watched that episode and my only minor concern is why Klingons don’t look like they will in ten years in the oringnal Star Trek. But hey it’s fiction and sometimes I think they just make this shit up.

Maybe they could do a rogue one movie just to fix the plot holes

Comment

Plus they don’t have the super slug drive in the other series’s so dun dun dur .... it doesn’t end well

Comment

Originally posted by vandeleur View Post
                    Return of the Jedi was a bit far fetched
                    Post of the day..

Comment

Return of the Jedi was a children's movie so you have to cut it a bit more slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                        Return of the Jedi was a children's movie so you have to cut it a bit more slack.
                        LOL I just watched the Ewok uprising part the other day as it was on TV. I was like saying aloud like WTF?! I mean I get the Ewoks are primitives, but for fuck sake can't have Spielberg given them a hidden cache of rocket launchers and blaster small arms like they were Viet Cong or Mujaheddin or something? so beating a force of Storm Troopers armed with Imperial Walkers and laser weaponry using log booby-traps and stone-head arrows doesn't look so fucking ridiculous...

Comment

So you are saying if the teddy bears had guns that could have made it better?

I think the key problem here was having teddy bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                            So you are saying if the teddy bears had guns that could have made it better?
                            No. Just not so fucking ridiculously retarded...

I think the key problem here was having teddy bears.
                            Well that's George Lucas and his propensity to try to dumb down the Star Wars franchise to a seven year olds' level so he can sell more fucking toys. He got away with it in the 80's because Empire was dark and critically praised, and people would overlook the Ewoks with the final battle between Luke and the Emperor for the soul of Darth to play out. Then he had to go back to his instincts of Sharking that led us to the shit-storm known as The Phantom Menace. The Ewoks were just a prelude to Jar Jar Binks and masturbatory CGI that was Menace...

The Ewoks are sort of troubling on many levels aside from the cute little fucking ankle-biter teddy bears thing. It's a bit of a colonial-racist element with the "noble-savage" myth playing out that is a bit nauseating...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-11-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

The Last Jedi has these little bird things in it, and the first thing I thought was "that is this year's Furby."

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                              but for fuck sake can't have Spielberg given them a hidden cache of rocket launchers and blaster small arms like they were Viet Cong or Mujaheddin or something?
                              If Spielberg had given them rocket launchers in the original, he would have replaced them with walkie-talkies in the remastered special editions...
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...
                              X