Thread: Did John McCain Call Trump a Draft Dodging Pussy-bitch?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Did John McCain Call Trump a Draft Dodging Pussy-bitch?

John McCain Slams Wealthy Draft Dodgers In Apparent Swipe At Trump

HuffPost Nick Visser,HuffPost 3 hours ago

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) appeared to heap more criticism on President Donald Trump during an interview on Sunday, saying it was “wrong” for high-income Americans to dodge the draft during the Vietnam War.

“One aspect of the conflict, by the way, that I will never ever countenance is that we drafted the lowest income level of America and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur,” McCain said during a segment on the draft that aired on C-SPAN 3 on Sunday. “That is wrong. That is wrong. If we’re going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve.”

While the senator’s comments didn’t directly reference Trump, the president is widely known to have received five deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, four for education and one for bone spurs in his heels.

The New York Times obtained the president’s Selective Service records last August, and during an interview at the time Trump said the spurs had been “temporary” and “minor” and that over time, they “healed up.”

“They were spurs,” he told the outlet, although he noted that they were “enough of a problem.” He continued: “You know, it was difficult from the long-term walking standpoint.”

McCain served in Vietnam and was a prisoner of war for more than five years after his aircraft was shot down, during which he was tortured and held in solitary confinement.

Trump lambasted the senator during his presidential campaign last year, saying McCain was “not a war hero.”

“I like people that weren’t captured,” he said.

McCain, who was diagnosed with brain cancer in July, has amped up his criticism against the White House and members of his own party in recent months.

Last week, the senator used an acceptance speech for an award honoring his 60-year career in public service to slam what he called “half-baked, spurious nationalism” that had arisen in America following last year’s presidential election.

“We live in a land made of ideals, not ‘blood and soil,’” McCain said during his acceptance of the prestigious Liberty Medal, referencing the Nazi slogan chanted at recent right-wing rallies. “We are the custodians of those ideals at home and their champion abroad. We have done great good in the world. ... We will not thrive in a world where our leadership and ideals are absent. We wouldn’t deserve to.”

YAHOO
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Love McCain. Had broken bones set in a Hanoi hospital with aspirin as his pain management while Trump was sucking cock for deferment...

3. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (10-23-2017)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

With all the BCE/CIA opium that was passing through Vietnam at the time, you think they could have found him something better than aspirin.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,491 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Love McCain. Had broken bones set in a Hanoi hospital with aspirin as his pain management while Trump was sucking cock for deferment...
    At the end of the day, Trump is a coward.

It's why he picks on women, minorities and people who can't defend themselves. And why he likes to do it on Twitter, so as to be physically removed from any consequences.

For all the bitching he did (and still does) about Obama, when Trump was one-on-one with the guy, face-to-face, Trump had nothing but nice things to say to him and about him. I had always suspected Trump was a cowardly blowhard, but that post-election joint press announcement clinched it for me. Trump talks tough but chokes when push comes to shove.

It's easy to see, and to tell: someone who really IS confident and tough doesn't need to constantly brag about it. They just ARE. They're also in control of their emotions and know when to let things pass.

Obama was confident, intelligent, emotionally grounded, and steadfast. In a word? Tough. Perfect? Nope. Nobody is.

While I've never been a huge fan of McCain, when it comes to how McCain served in the military, Trump has no high ground from which to hurl insults upon him. Because when it came Trump's time to serve in that war, he evaded, lied and ultimately choked. All of which is good and well: I can't say as I wouldn't have done the same thing. However, I don't think I'd have the nerve afterward to denigrate a POW for getting captured in a war (whatever one thinks of the merits re: that particular war in hindsight) I - under false pretenses - failed to fight when my country called me to serve. I'd think twice before speaking, have a nice, piping hot cup of STFU and think of another subject/topic to comment about.

Thread Information