X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Cunts' Angel?
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well... tomorrow is the big day!! How do y'all plan to spend this historic day in music history..?

Spin up the album..? Sue someone for copyright infringement..? Consume massive amount of Red Bull & Pop Tarts in your bunny jammies, dancin and honing your jazz hands routine sportin a wrasslin mask..?

The latest news... http://uproxx.com/music/van-halen-40...y-album-debut/
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Well... tomorrow is the big day!! How do y'all plan to spend this historic day in music history..?
        What history?

The day a Montrose cover band was signed to a major label?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Montrose cover band?? I thought they were a Zeppelin cover band??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Will Ed saunter out of 5150 with a media watching to see if he sees his shadow? If he does will be six more years of no Van Halen?

Comment

• moose
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

40 fucking years ago yesterday one of the greatest debuts of all time was released and one would imagine that something would be done to honor said debut.

Not a fucking goddamn motherfucking word from loud mouth dave or that fucking howdy doody drinking meth smoking retard who's been hiding in his run down dirty ass studio where he has 10000000 hrs of music to commemorate and thank the fans. WHAT a fucking joke
              Fuck you ed, fuck you Dave fuck you alex and FUCK you to Michael!!!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Doesn't appear anything is going to happen anytime soon.

Not really much the band CAN do at this point, anyway.

Maybe reunite CVH for a tour. Truth be told, the time for that to have happened was 20 years ago: the band are past it.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by moose
                  40 fucking years ago yesterday one of the greatest debuts of all time was released and one would imagine that something would be done to honor said debut.

Not a fucking goddamn motherfucking word from loud mouth dave or that fucking howdy doody drinking meth smoking retard who's been hiding in his run down dirty ass studio where he has 10000000 hrs of music to commemorate and thank the fans. WHAT a fucking joke

Well, not entirely true, EVH did send a Tweet on it:

On This Day In 1978, The Van Halen Album Was Released!
                  I used a Shure 57 microphone and my famous stock 100 watt Marshall through my variac down to 89 volts and a 4X12 slant cabinet to record the whole record.
                  @VanHalen #guitar #guitars #Rock #music

And Mike did FB:

40 years ago today, four guys set out to rock the world!! I want to thank all of you for rocking and supporting us all these years!

Other than that, you're right though.....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by moose

I don't think it's fair to say "fuck Michael". He was already fucked by the rest of the guys and has no control and limited connection left to that era of CVH. Perhaps his only chip to cash in is his allegedly large cache of live footage (and audio) of the band? But copyrights would have to be established and Howdy Doody Mountain and Warner would have to be onboard...

Comment

• moose
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Really a tweet...whoa lets stop the fucking press, that twat actually came out of hermitville without having to peddle something...fuck him.

And Michael can go still and fuck himself...after calling loud mouth dave a "loud mouth" ....LOL after Dave even said something nice about him

SOMETHING should have been done to commemorate the release of this album but in typical van wagon fashion........

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        Well, not entirely true, EVH did send a Tweet on it:

On This Day In 1978, The Van Halen Album Was Released!
                        I used a Shure 57 microphone and my famous stock 100 watt Marshall through my variac down to 89 volts and a 4X12 slant cabinet to record the whole record.
                        @VanHalen #guitar #guitars #Rock #music

And Mike did FB:

40 years ago today, four guys set out to rock the world!! I want to thank all of you for rocking and supporting us all these years!

Other than that, you're right though.....
                        Wonderful. Am so glad Ed decided to commemorate it by telling us what his Variac settings were: will his authentic 2018 model official EVH 5150 amp have a button you can press that will replicate the sound of that specific Variac setting? Because I'll fucking KNOW if it sounds more like 88 volts than 89...
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Back on the 10th... I did see a sign of appropriate irony for this momentous event.

I stopped off to pick up some photo prints for my wife at the photo section at our local Walmart. Next to the counter is this huge circular bin of music CD's marked down to $5.00. Sitting right on top was the a copy of the 30th Anniversary version of 1984...

I almost grabbed it just to have my 80th copy of Jump... but I just couldn't bring myself to do it!!
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

John 5 on the 40th anniversary

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...