No announcement yet.

40 Year Debut Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame Dave cant sing anymore..last 8 seconds or so sound interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Fairwrning View Post
      Shame Dave cant sing anymore..
      Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
        Don't believe the tired old stereotype. I have a few lesbian friends who are great fun and seem to be very happy indeed.
        You don't live where I do. Trust me, they're miserable......
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

Originally posted by Igosplut View Post
          You don't live where I do. Trust me, they're miserable......
          Do they drive Subarus?
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
            Do they drive Subarus?
            Strap-on's.....
            Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

I think the band not honoring their 40th anniversary of the debut of "VH 1" would be highly disrespectful of their own legacy --- but they already showed they dont give a piss about their legacy by going AWOL at their RNR Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

I doubt a summer tour is being organized, but my dream list of 40th anniversary commemorations would be:

1) Release a DVD of unseen footage --- '81 Oakland would be the obvious choice since we know Ed has the entire show on film. I'd also like to see more backstage and studio footage from the Roth years since we know that stuff has to exist.

2) Anniversary gig at the Whiskey-A-Go-Go --- same as they did with Poodle-Dick in 1993 to honor their 15th anniversary --- pack that fucker to the rafters and film it all

3) Pure fantasy I know, but having Ed tell us that Netflix or Amazon studios is producing a 2-hour movie about the band, focusing mainly on the Roth years. This is something that's been on the wish list of every old school fan because we know it would be a very entertaining flick if done right.

Comment

=VH= are gonna reunite with Mike. I'm pretty sure it will happen. Soon. Very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vony View Post
                  =VH= are gonna reunite with Mike. I'm pretty sure it will happen. Soon. Very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vony View Post

At the very least, have one of those sit down interviews with Soboleski like they did for the release of ADKOT --- just imagine Little Prick Ed says something like:

"Hey Mikey, sorry for how we treated you like shit for 25 years. Here's a check for all the royalties we screwed you out of. Love you, brah. You're back in the band."

Comment

Someone from Warners posted this on Facebook but quickly deleted it.

Comment

This was just given to me, stating "it concerns a future release but I do not know what ...."

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Maybe that mythical box set we have all been waiting for, the last 20 years will finally become reality? Just as long as it's actually material that wasn't officially released before, and not another remaster of the "six pack".

Given the two different - yet somehow related - covers posted here, maybe they're using the "Beatles Anthology" approach, where they put out multiple volumes of material, 2 CD's or so in each one. This is probably the better approach for VH, because that way they can keep the Hagar/Cherone stuff separated from the original band, if indeed they planned to release any thing from the post 1985 years.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Yeah, who the fuck knows, at this point what the fuck ever.....

And, for the 3000th time, even if it is some legit box set, WHY THE FUCK IS IT A STATE SECRET !!!

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
                              Yeah, who the fuck knows, at this point what the fuck ever.....

And, for the 3000th time, even if it is some legit box set, WHY THE FUCK IS IT A STATE SECRET !!!
                              In my best Brad $tarks voice....

"No News Is Good News"
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                                In my best Brad $tarks voice....

"No News Is Good News"

I probably would've just gotten karma points for posting rumors....

Comment

Working...
                                X