Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

[QUOTE=Seshmeister;1930065]I always think of Thunderstruck being one of their new songs then you realize its 27 years old...

Bet you think police men look to young to be police men as well
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And small, back when I were a lad there was a minimum height limit for plods (and plodettes).

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I always think of Thunderstruck being one of their new songs then you realize its 27 years old...

I always think of the Razor's Edge album in general as being the most recent AC/DC album, because that was the album that marked my checking out point in terms of following the band. I've heard the post-Razor's albums a few times a piece, but even when Black Ice came out in...what...2010 (?) and people were blathering about it being a rebirth for the band I didn't share that enthusiasm. To me, it was a middling AC/DC album, and I think much like the Stones post-Undercover people were giving AC/DC props more for still existing than anything else. It was the same effect on me as when A Bigger Bang was released, and people were saying it was a new dawn for the Stones: I gave it a few spins and found it to be uninspired Stones-by-the-numbers.

Even having said all of that, though, AC/DC's catalog from High Voltage through to Flick Of The Switch...I mean, a great 10 year run of great records - a few of which were among the best rock records ever, IMO - and they had a few great tracks post-Flick through Razor's...I likes me some Heatseeker!

And, as you say, the Razor's Edge album is nearly 3 decades old, a fact which in itself makes me somewhat...I dunno...wistful(?).
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

RIP Mal. Early Bon AC/DC is just a machine. I love Brian but.......just not the same. He did a good job though.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
            Yeah, not like years of heavy drinking and cocaine had anything to do with it. This is why I'm only listening to contemporary Christian music from now on. So that Jesus doesn't worm-fuck my brain like he did to the kangaroo rooter here.

You all know who's next up, right?

That's right, the F A T China man.
            God the cunt is still around ?

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Yes, Jimmy Page is still alive.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't remember GAR being so anti Jimmy Page.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I don't remember seeing any wealthy people in Cleveland.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Yes, Jimmy Page is still alive.
                    You should go get that hole between your legs fucked more often. You'd feel much better about life.......or just do us a favor and end it. I was showing up here less and less.....I remember why......

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't remember seeing any wealthy people in Cleveland.
                      I'm pretty sure the people of Cleveland don't remember seeing a bulimic bitter ex-prostitute college drop-out, either...

Comment

Working...