SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Make America Stupid Again!!

Report: Trump Bans 'Transgender,' 'Fetus,' 'Science-Based' From CDC Documents

Mary Papenfuss
    December 16, 2017

In an astonishing order, the Trump administration has banned the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using seven words — including “fetus,” “transgender,” “diversity” and “science-based” — in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget, The Washington Post has reported.

CDC policy analysts were reportedly informed of the forbidden words in a 90-minute meeting in Atlanta on Thursday with senior CDC officials. The other banned words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement” and “evidence-based,” according to the Post, citing an unnamed policy analyst. The meeting was led by a senior member of the CDC’s Office of Financial Services. She didn’t know why the words were forbidden and said she was merely relaying information, the Post reported.

Instead of the words “science-based” or “evidence-based,” analysts were told they could use instead: The “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the newspaper reported.

The Post’s source could not recall a previous time in any other administration when words were forbidden.

Dr. Loren Schechter, director of the Center for Gender Confirmation surgery at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago and a member of the board of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, said he was shocked by the edict.

“I’m not sure what the ultimate rationale is for doing this aside from trying to erase certain types of people off the map,” he told HuffPost, referring to the ban on the words “transgender” and “diversity.”

“I think walking back hard-earned civil rights is something that is, number one, quite shocking to me and, number two, quite concerning. Simply choosing to ignore reality, science, medicine, will not make these things go away and will not really advance anyone’s cause or lead to improved health outcomes.”

“This is quite an absurdity,” Schechter said. “The president sets the agenda. It’s quite scary ... it really sends a chill down your spine. I can’t imagine how you don’t allow terms to be used. It’s sort of like the thought police here.

“Perhaps we can say the world is flat now,” he said.

Twitter erupted following the news. Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) complained that Trump is “making America stupid again” and wondered if leaders would soon be supporting voodoo and leeches to fight disease. A tweet from Planned Parenthood said the Trump administration has “disdained” women’s health, the LGBTQ community and science from the start.

LINK
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

and never use words like: man woman boy girl or normal as in look at that normal couple. A normal boy girl couple.

So which nazi was banning ‘muslim,’ ‘jihadi’ and ‘terrorist’? Ubama

here's one for illegal aliens - undocumented immigrant.

the world is round again........
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to get an internet pool going on when Trump will have a stroke. My bet for that F A T orange fuck is early fall 2018. Right before the mid-terms.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    and never use words like: man woman boy girl or normal as in look at that normal couple. A normal boy girl couple.

So which nazi was banning ‘muslim,’ ‘jihadi’ and ‘terrorist’? Ubama

here's one for illegal aliens - undocumented immigrant.

the world is round again........
    Um wut? Are you on the autism spectrum?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I'm trying to get an internet pool going on when Trump will have a stroke. My bet for that F A T orange fuck is early fall 2018. Right before the mid-terms.
    They were actually speculating on this on CNN, like his diet is horrendous and involves almost daily dosings of fast food. I think Terry has a post about it around here somewhere...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    They were actually speculating on this on CNN, like his diet is horrendous and involves almost daily dosings of fast food. I think Terry has a post about it around here somewhere...
    The report, which far as I can tell originally surfaced in The New York Times, was accredited to then Trump campaign staffers who were with him daily on the campaign trail in 2016, which consisted mostly of Trump flying to rallies.

Now there have been variations in the AMOUNTS of fast food Trump consumed daily on the campaign trail when the story has been reprinted in other news outlets. So that range of amounts makes me wonder about the exact amount of said junk food consumed - is the amount being raised in subsequent reporting or not - but the general thrust of the reporting is that on the campaign trail in 2016 Trump would consume at least one Big Mac and one Filet-o-Fish sandwich per day (and, depending on the source, sometimes TWO Big Macs and one Filet-o-Fish sandwich per day...or even as high as TWO Big Macs AND TWO Filet-o-Fish sandwiches per day), and Trump would invariably wash all of that down with a large McDonald's chocolate shake, which Trump called a "malted" and would reward said "malted" to himself if he was particularly impressed with his performance at a rally...which he always invariably was.

Outside of the malted, Trump's preferred beverage of choice is Diet Coke, and I have read recent reports claiming that he is drinking up to a 12 pack of Diet Coke per DAY in the White House. Apparently, Trump has been on the record (I have never actually read a piece that had Trump saying this in quotes) as saying that McDonald's is his favorite food the world over because it tastes the same the world over. Outside of McDonald's, Trump's meal of choice consists of a large steak and ice cream for dessert. Apparently not much of one for green vegetables, either.

Now, to be fair, a lot of politicians drink Diet Coke. A lot of people drink Diet Coke. I drink Diet Coke here and there. Ten years ago, I would drink several a day. Perhaps as much as a 6 pack a day on some days. Ten years ago, I was still in my 30s. In the past few years, I've drastically cut down my consumption of Diet Coke. In part because there's no nutritional value to it. In part because it does terrible things to your teeth. In part because I'm trying to avoid adult diabetes and obesity. These days, more often than not I'll go several days without drinking it at all. Some days, I'll just take a single swig of it (I live with someone who still drinks it). Once in a blue moon, I'll "fall off the wagon" and drink one or, at most, two cans. I've basically replaced Diet Coke with bottled (Fiji) water, and I feel much better for it physically.

I'll come right out and say that even in my mid-30s, when I was drinking Diet Coke daily, I can't imagine drinking a 12 pack of the stuff in a single day. And certainly not for a sustained period. If Trump is doing that now in his early 70s, and his non-liquid centered diet consists largely of McDonald's, large portions of red meat, ice cream and milk shakes...THAT simply CAN'T be good for ANYBODY. A decent steak in a reasonable portion size CAN be part of as good meal, provided you have some greens with it.

Such a reported Trump diet WOULD explain his widening girth and relative lack of a chin and cheekbones. Simply put, Trump looks to me to be at least 50 pounds on the heavy side, and has no apparent avenue for exercise other than playing golf, which isn't exactly a fat-burning sport unless you're walking from one hole to the next (and I've never seen Trump walking a golf course: he is always in a cart). Trump might want to consider changing the way he eats. If for nothing else, for the sake of his youngest son, assuming Trump wants to be around long enough to see him graduate high school, because Trump looks well on his way to Heart Attack City the way he is going.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    ...the offer still stands.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Followed the links to the original article... There's no referenced source nor anything that claims the directive even came out of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services which oversees the CDC.

Setting aside the "stupid" for a moment... the alleged directive is specific to any supporting documentation "used to prepare the agency’s budget".

Why would anyone care about the use of those words (“fetus,” “transgender,” “diversity” and “science-based”) in preparing a budget?

My bet it would be someone who fears something getting struck from the budget. Especially someone who believes in fake news and false political rhetoric...

One other point of consideration... the Executive branch (Trump administration) does not have the power of line item veto within the federal budget. The Legislative branch (Congress) controls the US budget and spending... so there's no valid reason omitting any specific wording in budget documentation would be of interest to the current executive branch administration.

Fake news...
    Last edited by ZahZoo; 09-07-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

FORD, Go to 3:10.

Then watch hornblower screw up...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At least Trump and Humphrey didn't go reaching for a bottle of Poland Springs....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post

FORD, Go to 3:10.

Then watch hornblower screw up...
    I remember watching that speech live (on TV) in 1976 and several times since then, and never caught that until you pointed it out.

Who knows, Maybe Amy was reading the Horatio Hornblower book in school and it came up in some random conversation around the Carter home? In any case, it wasn't at all indicative of a clear neurological issue like these moments of unintelligible speech from the Orange Imbecile are.

Hell, even NOW at the age of 93, I think President Carter is far more in control of his mental faculties than Cheeto is!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I remember watching that speech live (on TV) in 1976 and several times since then, and never caught that until you pointed it out.

Who knows, Maybe Amy was reading the Horatio Hornblower book in school and it came up in some random conversation around the Carter home? In any case, it wasn't at all indicative of a clear neurological issue like these moments of unintelligible speech from the Orange Imbecile are.

Hell, even NOW at the age of 93, I think President Carter is far more in control of his mental faculties than Cheeto is!
    93 and still building houses. Watched an interview with Jimmy Carter not too long ago. Yeah he's still mentally sharp.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Jimmy Carter did give Trump a warning. He said the president really doesn't have the control over the economy the way people think. He said if you claim to own the economy when it's doing well you will own it when it goes down. The reality is we are in a bubble economy that has to have very low interest rates to keep going. Also the economy is worldwide. All that has to happen is something somewhere has to spook the markets and down it goes. Much of this economy is speculation. When you aren't in a stable geopolitical environment and an unstable political environment at home, the economy is at risk. Economies like stable political situations. We ain't there.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    I don't give anything in Washington DC much credit for the state of the US economy beyond the Federal Reserve...

The only significant thing the White House can directly do is drive sentiment and fuel the emotional perception that drives investment choice. While that can appear to have a strong impact on the markets... it has to have certain stable financial foundations operating in a healthy state to fuel growth. That's what we have right now.

At face value, many of the regulatory changes and tax breaks that Trump takes credit for don't have enough direct financial impact to have fueled the market growth at the rates we're seeing on their own. Companies have been sitting on tons of Free Cash Flow generated in the last 10 years and are now making capital expenditures which is putting more money into the system. Building more and more importantly selling more. The White House only enabled the market to feel better about spending money and accepting risk...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I don't give anything in Washington DC much credit for the state of the US economy beyond the Federal Reserve...

The only significant thing the White House can directly do is drive sentiment and fuel the emotional perception that drives investment choice. While that can appear to have a strong impact on the markets... it has to have certain stable financial foundations operating in a healthy state to fuel growth. That's what we have right now.

At face value, many of the regulatory changes and tax breaks that Trump takes credit for don't have enough direct financial impact to have fueled the market growth at the rates we're seeing on their own. Companies have been sitting on tons of Free Cash Flow generated in the last 10 years and are now making capital expenditures which is putting more money into the system. Building more and more importantly selling more. The White House only enabled the market to feel better about spending money and accepting risk...
    The Federal Reserve isn't part of the US Federal Government. It's a private bank. We really don't have a free market economy. Today debt is money and the amount people can spend is determined by interest rates. Rates decided by people inside the Federal Reserve Bank. No market forces at work just people deciding what the interest rate is going to be. If they raised rates it would bring the economy to a screeching halt because it would make borrowing money more expensive and everyone is owned by the bank these days. The banks own the homes, cars, the inventory in the stores. They own most everything. Much more powerful than a US president short of launching nukes.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Washington does play a part though. They have to keep a kabuki theater going that there is command and control. The most visible part of this illusion is the White House. There has to be a command and control illusion there or people lose confidence in the US Dollar. That being said what else are you going to want? Chinese RMB? The Euro? Everyone is looking cuckoo now so people are just staying with the US Dollar. It's been the reserve currency longer.

Thread Information