SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Finished college long ago, you F A T welfare-grubbing cocksucker.
    I think you mean college was finished with you, trust-fund hipster shithead...

Oh, you mean the footnotes at the bottom of the Wiki page? I guess you do.
    Well, we know you love Wiki now Wikristy...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Now, what YOU said is reality in a nutshell: we are powerless to do anything about it.

It recalls the expression of seeing through the game isn't the same as winning it.

Which bumps up against another concept I recently heard, along the lines of 99.99999999999% of all the people who have ever lived, once they died (or die) and those who knew them directly also die, history won't even remember them.

I'm not winning the game, but I don't feel I'm losing it. I'm just trying to hold on to what I have.

In my profession, I am totally expendable.

When I die, once those who knew me directly also die, it'll be as if I never existed.

For those reading this who think they're winning, irreplaceable and historically significant...maybe think again.
    Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more.

Impermanent.

Terry, it's all perspective or we wouldn't get out of bed everyday. Life is good indeed.

And to the rest I highly recommend: WeCroak.com

Also and...

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked jacksmar for this KICKASS post:

Terry (05-16-2018)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I think you mean college was finished with you, trust-fund hipster shithead...
    Now I'm a "trust fund baby.

Well, we know you love Wiki now Wikristy...
    Look, I know you and Von have a thing for each other. It's quite self-evident so I can understand why you are so defensive about your boyfriend.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I agree and it's important to realise your place in the scheme of things clinging onto a wet rock hurtling through space with fewer years ahead of you than behind.

That's still no reason to sit there watching a few thousand sociopaths fucking wreck the planet while convincing people that they can rape things because it's hopeless anyway. There are many estimates of the actual cost of solving the problem would only be a few % of GDP compared to future misery. Yeah most people here will miss the worst of it but that's not the point.

The thought of being stitched up with bullshit from these people would irritate me even if I didn't have kids.
    You do make a good point, Sesh... each of us individually can not effect much change to reduce or reverse human impact to the planet. But, collectively if we all do what we can and encourage others to do so it could make the planet a healthier place for our kids, grandkids and the generations that follow. Sitting back feeling helpless and doing nothing to change because the scope if too huge isn't the answer...

I do what I can... choose to live in a geographical area that's 98% forested rather than a huge metropolitan city spewing pollution. On my 1.8 acres of land I have over 80 trees growing naturally and consuming Co2. I continue to also plant more vegetation to limit erosion and keep things green. I only purchase energy efficient appliances, converted almost all lighting to low consumption LED's and limit energy consumption where it's cost effective to do so...

Technology is approaching where the ROI to shift to solar and move to hybrid/electric vehicles is getting into a reasonable range where I'll make that shift in the near term as well.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    You do make a good point, Sesh... each of us individually can not effect much change to reduce or reverse human impact to the planet. But, collectively if we all do what we can and encourage others to do so it could make the planet a healthier place for our kids, grandkids and the generations that follow. Sitting back feeling helpless and doing nothing to change because the scope if too huge isn't the answer...

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 08:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I do what I can...
    Are you recycling your own piss yet? I kid, I kid!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries

I do what I can... choose to live in a geographical area that's 98% forested rather than a huge metropolitan city spewing pollution. On my 1.8 acres of land I have over 80 trees growing naturally and consuming Co2. I continue to also plant more vegetation to limit erosion and keep things green. I only purchase energy efficient appliances, converted almost all lighting to low consumption LED's and limit energy consumption where it's cost effective to do so...

Technology is approaching where the ROI to shift to solar and move to hybrid/electric vehicles is getting into a reasonable range where I'll make that shift in the near term as well.
    Why bother? Jesus is just going to show up and burn everything up anyways. The way Netanyahu is pissing everyone off the Son of Man should be landing on the Mount of Olives soon. Hell the way the liberals are crying about Trump it sounds like the end of the world is here.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I agree and it's important to realise your place in the scheme of things clinging onto a wet rock hurtling through space with fewer years ahead of you than behind.

That's still no reason to sit there watching a few thousand sociopaths fucking wreck the planet while convincing people that they can rape things because it's hopeless anyway. There are many estimates of the actual cost of solving the problem would only be a few % of GDP compared to future misery. Yeah most people here will miss the worst of it but that's not the point.

The thought of being stitched up with bullshit from these people would irritate me even if I didn't have kids.
    What happened to people's fear of nukes? That's what used to scare the shit out of people and make them put a bomb shelter in the backyard. That of course is when nukes were new and after years of never having nuclear war people really have learned to relax and love the bomb. Now we are scared of carbon dioxide. Well once people see nothing happens with that they will find something else to be scared of.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    ZahZoo freezes his and makes pisssicles. Nothing like a cold pisscicle on a hot summer day.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Now I'm a "trust fund baby.
    Sorry, I forgot about the self-made pissing-on-people thing...

Look, I know you and Von have a thing for each other. It's quite self-evident so I can understand why you are so defensive about your boyfriend.
    As evidenced by all of our posts of love to each other, you thick twat...

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Why bother? Jesus is just going to show up and burn everything up anyways. The way Netanyahu is pissing everyone off the Son of Man should be landing on the Mount of Olives soon. Hell the way the liberals are crying about Trump it sounds like the end of the world is here.
    Well, I will start with My usual disclaimer that it's all on My Dad's timetable and that nobody will know the day nor the hour. But yeah, keeping it 100 here..... It's getting pretty close to that time.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries

For me and my particular situation, the worst part of being powerless is seeing through the game, yet having to nod in acceptance at whatever those who rule (be it my corporate supervisors, police, etc.) say or do - no matter how, shortsighted, greedy, dumb or just encompassing actions that enable 'them' to keep holding onto the reins - and not make waves or be thought of as a problem in order to keep receiving the few crumbs I am given. Of course, I also have the option to tell the world to fuck off or fight the system, but both of those courses have potential consequences, downsides and costs.

I don't want to be homeless or imprisoned.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more.

Impermanent.

Terry, it's all perspective or we wouldn't get out of bed everyday. Life is good indeed.

And to the rest I highly recommend: WeCroak.com

Also and...

jacksmar, a lot of my existence is basically repetitive and meaningless, in terms of my vocation and the errands/chores I do when not working.

I never fail to realize for a moment that as bored, numbed and conditioned I am to my schedule, there certainly are plenty of people on the planet - people that have daily existential struggles - who would literally kill to have my life (as meager as it is).

I just keep going because I'm afraid of what will become of me if I stop.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

For me and my particular situation, the worst part of being powerless is seeing through the game, yet having to nod in acceptance at whatever those who rule (be it my corporate supervisors, police, etc.) say or do - no matter how, shortsighted, greedy, dumb or just encompassing actions that enable 'them' to keep holding onto the reins - and not make waves or be thought of as a problem in order to keep receiving the few crumbs I am given. Of course, I also have the option to tell the world to fuck off or fight the system, but both of those courses have potential consequences, downsides and costs.

I don't want to be homeless or imprisoned.
    I think I may have come across as in some way active apart from talking shit on the internet there.

I'm not, my most likely best impact personally on the environment will be dying younger than average.

I'm not big on the tiny tiny steps on a problem as huge as that, I think it needs politics not just personal actions and all that can be done is to not vote for people and preferably not buy stuff from the worst offenders.

My real irritation comes when I see people being hoodwinked by the propaganda and although it used to be very much purely the majority of one party in the US it seems to be getting worse not better. Ironically as I understand it the Republicans used to be the party of the environment in the US plus you would think that being conservative would involve trying to conserve what we have.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Teddy Roosevelt was probably the last Republican to actively do anything "pro-environment" when he created the National Parks/Forests/Monuments system. Nixon gets credited for the Environmental Protection Agency & Clean Water Act, but those were really more a matter of being passed by a veto proof margin in Congress, so they had Nixon's signature by default. Being raised a Quaker, one would hope he actually might have given a shit about the planet, but the damage he inflicted on a big portion of Southeast Asia might suggest otherwise.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    Technically... yes. I live in a rural area on top of a mountain with a septic tank for sewage. I have about a 1-1.3 miles deep of shale beneath us... it's a grand filtering system!!

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Teddy Roosevelt was probably the last Republican to actively do anything "pro-environment" when he created the National Parks/Forests/Monuments system. Nixon gets credited for the Environmental Protection Agency & Clean Water Act, but those were really more a matter of being passed by a veto proof margin in Congress, so they had Nixon's signature by default. Being raised a Quaker, one would hope he actually might have given a shit about the planet, but the damage he inflicted on a big portion of Southeast Asia might suggest otherwise.
    “a direct statistical link between anthropogenic climate change and trends in the magnitude/frequency of floods has not been established... There is such a furore of concern about the linkage between greenhouse forcing and floods that it causes society to lose focus on the things we already know for certain about floods and how to mitigate and adapt to them. Blaming climate change for flood losses makes flood losses a global issue that appears to be out of the control of regional or national institutions. The scientific community needs to emphasize that the problem of flood losses is mostly about what we do on or to the landscape and that will be the case for decades to come.”

Conservative? I have planted 300 trees exactly in my life.Water? Ever hear of the Colorado River watch? jerksmear - been there done that in 1989 while stationed in Cheyenne Wyoming.

There's nothing conservative about conservation. The socialist left in this country has turned a bunch of lies into a scientific consensus that doesn't exist.

Let me give you another example of how far the consensus has you bending over and you're too stupid to realize it.

http://www.civilbeat.org/2018/05/haw...limate-change/

How much is a tree worth to the environment?

It might seem like an abstract, even whimsical question. But it’s one that Hawaii policymakers soon will try to answer, thanks to two bills passed by the Legislature during the session that ended on Thursday.

House Bills 2182 and 1986 seek to make Hawaii a “carbon neutral” state by 2045. That means Hawaii would offset more carbon dioxide than it produces, through activities like planting trees, which can essentially store carbon, the greenhouse gas responsible for climate change.

This is the very definition of irony.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/us/ha...ano/index.html

Hawaii residents near volcano deal with falling ash, toxic gas, fears of the 'big one'

Took a real serious whiff of sulphur dioxide today near a vent and lava flow at Leilani Estates. The sensor in my hand was beeping and reached 66ppm. I couldn't breathe, and eyes and lungs burned momentarily. It may have actually been the worst 10 seconds of my life. #Kilauea pic.twitter.com/aABWHyFcTl
    — Scott McLean (@scottmclean) May 15, 2018

Let jerksmear put this in perspective: Hawaii's state legislature has found a way to funnel money to state coffers and remain carbon neutral while an active volcano with 20+ vents erupts.

I'll leave it to the eco-Nazis to explain how those two bills will keep the planet in check.

Meanwhile in other global warming news,we just had two record years of global cooling...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well put your money where your mouth is and go live on a brownfield site, fucknuts!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Meanwhile in other global warming news,we just had two record years of global cooling...
    Explanation:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.800f1e2098e2

After visiting last year I don't know how anyone who lives in Florida doesn't think that there is something fucked up going on.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Geezus... now the Bezos post has a nazi pop up on their site that won't let you read it if you block ads?

As if Jeffy needs more money......

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think I may have come across as in some way active apart from talking shit on the internet there.

I'm not, my most likely best impact personally on the environment will be dying younger than average.

I'm not big on the tiny tiny steps on a problem as huge as that, I think it needs politics not just personal actions and all that can be done is to not vote for people and preferably not buy stuff from the worst offenders.

My real irritation comes when I see people being hoodwinked by the propaganda and although it used to be very much purely the majority of one party in the US it seems to be getting worse not better. Ironically as I understand it the Republicans used to be the party of the environment in the US plus you would think that being conservative would involve trying to conserve what we have.
    I mean, I can't disagree with the things you said in principle. I have impulses on occasion to go out and in one fashion or another fight against things I consider unjust.

The thing of it is, in America, for the underclasses (of which I am a part) conformity is what is rewarded. If you are innovate or groundbreaking in a business sense, you get big time rewards. If you go around telling people how dumb, stupid, fucked up, ignorant or incompetent they are...well, you'd better be self-sufficient, because pretty soon nobody is going to want to deal with you. I'm generalizing, of course, but there's a bedrock of truth to what I'm saying.

If I go out and, say, protest an environmental concern and get arrested in the process of protesting:

1) I live in a Right To Work state, so I can get shitcanned for it: my company doesn't hire people with criminal records nor histories of arrest. They won't flat-out tell somebody that, but I've seen the practical reality of how it works. If they want to shitcan you, they'll find a way. If I try to unionize, I'll be out on my ass.

2) Once I have an arrest record, it's there forever, disqualifying me for lots of other jobs. And that information follows you around forever now.

Having said all that, if some corporate cunts are poisoning the environment, shouldn't I be willing to lay everything I consider to be important on the line for that? Absolutely.

Will I? Nope.

Why not? Because I'm more scared of the short-term personal consequences to myself than the broader long-term consequences to all of us.

Am I a pussy for being this way? Yep.

Even beyond all of that - and call this a feeble rationalization if you will - the folks who have the REAL, big time money...they've already got it all wrapped up. They bought it all, lock, stock and barrel. By and large, the rich and powerful do what they want to. They've bought the politicians, gotten the laws changed - it boggles the mind when one finds out some of the things that are legal - to make sure the playing field is stacked in their favor. They live in their private enclaves surrounded by security so they aren't touched by the consequences of what they do. They don't live in the places where they dump their toxic waste. They don't live in the countries where our armies are sent to control the resources. Their monies and way of life are secure.

I don't believe in violence, but the only way I see concepts such as equality taking root are when people are ready to fight for them. Physically. Counting on the elite to divest themselves of their money and power in the interests of "doing the right thing" for the greater good is a sure-fire loser argument that will get you subjected to ridicule, and little else. Only when their personal physical security is threatened will things change. And it will be violent. And bloody. And possibly the last war.

It's the threat of that which keeps the underclasses in line, semi-content with the crumbs they've been thrown: the threat being the alternative of physical sacrifice.

Republicans, Democrats...these terms don't have the meaning they once did. Not any more. Just more bullshit labels to keep the poor masses divided against each other. About the best you can hope for from a politician is a competent manager who can manage to keep the lid on the volcano.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    All I know is summer came out of nowhere

And I don't care. Although I do hope it's a dry, hot, long summer as it was in 2012 - this state needs some forest fires to burn these motherfucking F A T Texans and Californians and midwest cocksuckers back to where they came from.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    Well, I will start with My usual disclaimer that it's all on My Dad's timetable and that nobody will know the day nor the hour. But yeah, keeping it 100 here..... It's getting pretty close to that time.
    Well you know Jesus the basic difference between an atheist and a believer is an atheist still has enough hope left in them to think the human race can actually get it together and make the world a better place. A believing Christian has given up all hope. They think the human race is fucked and we need help. We need a savior to fix the mess we are in. Believing gives hope and probably keeps many from shooting themselves in the head.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Explanation:

After visiting last year I don't know how anyone who lives in Florida doesn't think that there is something fucked up going on.
    A day at Disneyworld is enough to make anyone think we live in a fucking insane asylum.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Technically... yes. I live in a rural area on top of a mountain with a septic tank for sewage. I have about a 1-1.3 miles deep of shale beneath us... it's a grand filtering system!!
    I just put in a new septic system last year. 1000 gallon tank and a huge drain field. We sit on a lot with pulverized lava rock under it. Perfect for purifying piss and shit.

27. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (05-18-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I mean, I can't disagree with the things you said in principle. I have impulses on occasion to go out and in one fashion or another fight against things I consider unjust.

The thing of it is, in America, for the underclasses (of which I am a part) conformity is what is rewarded. If you are innovate or groundbreaking in a business sense, you get big time rewards. If you go around telling people how dumb, stupid, fucked up, ignorant or incompetent they are...well, you'd better be self-sufficient, because pretty soon nobody is going to want to deal with you. I'm generalizing, of course, but there's a bedrock of truth to what I'm saying.

If I go out and, say, protest an environmental concern and get arrested in the process of protesting:

1) I live in a Right To Work state, so I can get shitcanned for it: my company doesn't hire people with criminal records nor histories of arrest. They won't flat-out tell somebody that, but I've seen the practical reality of how it works. If they want to shitcan you, they'll find a way. If I try to unionize, I'll be out on my ass.

2) Once I have an arrest record, it's there forever, disqualifying me for lots of other jobs. And that information follows you around forever now.

Having said all that, if some corporate cunts are poisoning the environment, shouldn't I be willing to lay everything I consider to be important on the line for that? Absolutely.

Will I? Nope.

Why not? Because I'm more scared of the short-term personal consequences to myself than the broader long-term consequences to all of us.

Am I a pussy for being this way? Yep.

Even beyond all of that - and call this a feeble rationalization if you will - the folks who have the REAL, big time money...they've already got it all wrapped up. They bought it all, lock, stock and barrel. By and large, the rich and powerful do what they want to. They've bought the politicians, gotten the laws changed - it boggles the mind when one finds out some of the things that are legal - to make sure the playing field is stacked in their favor. They live in their private enclaves surrounded by security so they aren't touched by the consequences of what they do. They don't live in the places where they dump their toxic waste. They don't live in the countries where our armies are sent to control the resources. Their monies and way of life are secure.

I don't believe in violence, but the only way I see concepts such as equality taking root are when people are ready to fight for them. Physically. Counting on the elite to divest themselves of their money and power in the interests of "doing the right thing" for the greater good is a sure-fire loser argument that will get you subjected to ridicule, and little else. Only when their personal physical security is threatened will things change. And it will be violent. And bloody. And possibly the last war.

It's the threat of that which keeps the underclasses in line, semi-content with the crumbs they've been thrown: the threat being the alternative of physical sacrifice.

Republicans, Democrats...these terms don't have the meaning they once did. Not any more. Just more bullshit labels to keep the poor masses divided against each other. About the best you can hope for from a politician is a competent manager who can manage to keep the lid on the volcano.
    We have the best government money can buy. The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is the rhetoric they spew. Both love the corporate money and both take it.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Explanation:

So, let me get this eco-Nazi thought straight, cooling is also a sign of "Climate Change".
    And it's still our fault.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ng-media-bias/

Hiding The Evidence

There was the study published in the American Meteorological Society's Journal of Climate showing that climate models exaggerate global warming from CO2 emissions by as much as 45%. It was ignored.

Then there was the study in the journal Nature Geoscience that found that climate models were faulty, and that, as one of the authors put it, "We haven't seen that rapid acceleration in warming after 2000 that we see in the models."

Nor did the press see fit to report on findings from the University of Alabama-Huntsville showing that the Earth's atmosphere appears to be less sensitive to changing CO2 levels than previously assumed.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So, let me get this eco-Nazi thought straight, cooling is also a sign of "Climate Change".

Hiding The Evidence

There was the study published in the American Meteorological Society's Journal of Climate showing that climate models exaggerate global warming from CO2 emissions by as much as 45%. It was ignored.

Then there was the study in the journal Nature Geoscience that found that climate models were faulty, and that, as one of the authors put it, "We haven't seen that rapid acceleration in warming after 2000 that we see in the models."

Nor did the press see fit to report on findings from the University of Alabama-Huntsville showing that the Earth's atmosphere appears to be less sensitive to changing CO2 levels than previously assumed.
    Haha! It's like arguing religion or politics. Who's story do you believe? I'm always skeptical when rich people like the Rothschilds and Al Gore start hard selling something. A lot of the climate data comes out of Great Britain and you have David de Rothschild going around a few years ago warning people of global warming. The fix was an international tax on carbon where oddly enough huge producers like China get a free pass. Seems more like a ploy to get an international tax so more power can be consolidated to people who the average person doesn't vote into power. Just my two cents.

If things were really as dire as these alarmists claim there would be more data from more sources and there would be more being done about it. it's a hard sell trying to make people believe CO2 is dangerous. When I was in grade school I was taught it is what plants and trees needed to survive. It was a good thing. I guess they just need more time to indoctrinate the school children and scare the hell out of them. Fortunately that program wasn't running when I went to school. We were still worried about the Soviet Union and nukes. That was the big boogy man in our day.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Haha! It's like arguing religion or politics.
    No it's not. Religion is based on faith which is believing something without any proof. There is overwhelming proof of man made climate change accepted by 99% of scientists and every country in the world apart some Republicans in the USA. This is due to a deliberate and successful attempt by lobby groups in the US to muddy the waters in a similar way to what was done by tobacco companies back in the day. To show how out of step you are with that from the website of Exxon Mobil no less -

http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/c...s/our-position

Our position on climate change

We have the same concerns as people everywhere – and that is how to provide the world with the energy it needs while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
    The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect. There is a broad scientific and policy consensus that action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks.

ExxonMobil is taking action by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in its operations, helping consumers reduce their emissions, supporting research that leads to technology breakthroughs and participating in constructive dialogue on policy options.

Addressing climate change, providing economic opportunity and lifting billions out of poverty are complex and interrelated issues requiring complex solutions. There is a consensus that comprehensive strategies are needed to respond to these risks.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hiding The Evidence

All opinions are not equal. I go to all the experts, you are getting your opinions from an ex hedge fund manager.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All opinions are not equal. I go to all the experts, you are getting your opinions from an ex hedge fund manager.
    This is like talking to an old woman.

You must mean those experts that admitted to using a trick to hide the decline in the Earth's temps since 1960.

The experts leaked email exchanges also show that they tried to delete their own emails in response to a Freedom of Information request.

The TARD experts have given one sky-is-falling prediction after the other. Global warming, California slides into the ocean, Nuclear Winter, Polar Ice caps, Hole in the Ozone.

All that happened was energy taxes and a new moniker climate change.

Show me where your asshole experts have had any success proving global warming with quantum mechanics. Quantum mechanics is real physical evidence.

None of that hoax bullshit. Those same experts won't recognize quantum mechanics. It's foreign and unnatural them. It's called science.

The world is round again....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just put in a new septic system last year. 1000 gallon tank and a huge drain field. We sit on a lot with pulverized lava rock under it. Perfect for purifying piss and shit.
    The newer filtration systems reduce bacteria by slowing exfiltration of poo allowing them to completely consume all waste by using sand banks. I've seen the claim that the resulting water at the end is clean enough that you can drink it without getting sick, not testing that though...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hiding The Evidence

If scientists are wrong, then move to Love Canal! It will all be fine, and the real-estate is so cheap!

Let's argue about gravity. My friends says science says it's real but I think it's all bullshit and the earth is flat. I'm smarter than gravity scientists and it's all a hoax perpetrated by that Sir Isaac Newton cunt!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-18-2018 at 12:00 PM.

36. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (05-19-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The newer filtration systems reduce bacteria by slowing exfiltration of poo allowing them to completely consume all waste by using sand banks. I've seen the claim that the resulting water at the end is clean enough that you can drink it without getting sick, not testing that though...
    We live by a river so that requires a large drain field. They do all sorts of analysis on the soil and substrate to see exactly what is needed. I used to be into salt water aquariums and read about all the different ways to filter them. Use to experiment with that sort of stuff and yup a lot of it is having the water go through a colony of the right kind of bacteria and it's amazing how effective it is.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If scientists are wrong, then move to Love Canal! It will all be fine, and the real-estate is so cheap!

Let's argue about gravity. My friends says science says it's real but I think it's all bullshit and the earth is flat. I'm smarter than gravity scientists and it's all a hoax perpetrated by that Sir Isaac Newton cunt!
    Well put your money where your mouth is and take a climb up the State Tower and step off, fucknuts!

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Add this to the GW bullshit sky-is-falling list. Call the prediction The Bug Out

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...cientists-warn

Climate change on track to cause major insect wipeout, scientists warn

Insects are vital to ecosystems but will lose almost half their habitat under current climate projections

Global warming is on track to cause a major wipeout of insects, compounding already severe losses, according to a new analysis.

Insects are vital to most ecosystems and a widespread collapse would cause extremely far-reaching disruption to life on Earth, the scientists warn. Their research shows that, even with all the carbon cuts already pledged by nations so far, climate change would make almost half of insect habitat unsuitable by the end of the century, with pollinators like bees particularly affected.

However, if climate change could be limited to a temperature rise of 1.5C - the very ambitious goal included in the global Paris agreement - the losses of insects are far lower.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well put your money where your mouth is and take a climb up the State Tower and step off, fucknuts!
    I didn't put my mouth or money on any such thing. You're the idiot making the massively ignorant claims in this thread. Once again jackssmear resorts to "I know you are, but what am I?"

Go put your mouth and money on a dick!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Add this to the GW bullshit sky-is-falling list. Call the prediction The Bug Out

Insects are vital to ecosystems but will lose almost half their habitat under current climate projections

Global warming is on track to cause a major wipeout of insects, compounding already severe losses, according to a new analysis.

Insects are vital to most ecosystems and a widespread collapse would cause extremely far-reaching disruption to life on Earth, the scientists warn. Their research shows that, even with all the carbon cuts already pledged by nations so far, climate change would make almost half of insect habitat unsuitable by the end of the century, with pollinators like bees particularly affected.

However, if climate change could be limited to a temperature rise of 1.5C - the very ambitious goal included in the global Paris agreement - the losses of insects are far lower.
    It's just stunning how you don't find this at all alarming because you hate insects due to your sister giving you crabs once. Your special ed. teacher should really be ashamed!

Die insex! Die! yay!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's just stunning how you don't find this at all alarming because you hate insects due to your sister giving you crabs once. Your special ed. teacher should really be ashamed!

Die insex! Die! yay!!!
    The way teachers behave these days Jacksmear probably got crabs from the special ed teacher.

43. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (05-20-2018)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wait - you can't be so stupid as to be trying to make a point that climate change will get rid of insects and that would be a good thing?

Thread Information