rawstory.com
‘Stable genius’ Donald Trump doesn’t actually have an MBA from Wharton: report
Noor Al-Sibai
10 Jan 2018 at 18:46 ET

President Donald Trump likes to brag about having gone to the Wharton School of Finance, a school known for their elite MBA program. As it turns out, however, Trump never got an MBA from the school.

In April 2016, while Trump was still duking it out for the Republican nomination, the Associated Press reported on Trump’s “complicated relationship” with Wharton. Though he regularly brought up the school, which is part of the University of Pennsylvania, Trump never received his master’s degree from Wharton School of business. In fact, his undergraduate degree isn’t even in business–it’s a bachelor of science in economics.

Earlier this week, Vanity Fair‘s Kurt Eichenwald resurrected Trump’s Wharton deception when the president slipped up and said “I went to the best colleges, or college.”

As Eichenwald pointed out on Twitter, Trump did indeed go to the famed institution, but only after transferring there from Fordham University, located in New York City. He “never made dean’s list,” though he claims to have graduated first in his class.

Wharton’s graduate business program is “the most highly respected” in the US, and mentions of “Wharton” typically denote that program. Trump, Eichenwald said, “has been tricking people” into believing he has an MBA from the revered school.

“Trump has no MBA,” Eichenwald tweeted. “He can’t read a balance sheet.”

Check out the thread below.

…they might say, I went to Wharton undergrad, but never "I went to Wharton." Why? Because Wharton has the most highly respected graduate business program in the country. People who "went to Wharton" are MBAs. Trump has been tricking people — including me years ago — into….

— Kurt Eichenwald (@kurteichenwald) January 6, 2018

…believing he has a Wharton MBA (Which WOULD be a major accomplishment) by his crafty word choice. Trump has no MBA. He can’t read a balance sheet. He’s just a guy who inherited lots of $ long ago and is so bad at business that no American banks will deal with him anymore.

— Kurt Eichenwald (@kurteichenwald) January 6, 2018