Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Unhappy Mötorhead Guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clarke Dead at 67

yahoo.com
    Mötorhead Guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clarke Dead at 67

"Fast" Eddie Clarke, the guitarist for heavy metal legends Motörhead who appeared on many of the band's classic albums, died Wednesday. He was 67.

The group confirmed Clarke's death on Facebook, noting that he was in the hospital for pneumonia.

"We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight. Edward Allan Clarke - or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke - passed away peacefully yesterday," the group wrote. "Fast Eddie...keep roaring, rockin' and rollin' up there as goddamit man, your Motörfamily would expect nothing less!!!"

"Such a shock. He will be remembered for his iconic riffs and was a true rock n roller. RIP Eddie," wrote longtime guitarist Phil Campbell.

"Oh my fucking God, this is terrible news, the last of the three amigos," wrote former drummer Mikkey Dee. "I saw Eddie not too long ago and he was in great shape. So this is a complete shock. Me and Eddie always hit it off great. I was looking forward to seeing him in the UK this summer when we come around with the [Scorpions]…Now Lem and Philthy can jam with Eddie again, and if you listen carefully I’m sure you’ll hear them, so watch out!!! My thoughts go out to Eddie’s family and close ones."

Clarke was the last surviving member of Mötorhead's classic trio, with both bassist/singer Lemmy Kilmister and drummer Phil Taylor dying in 2015. The three came together in the mid-Seventies and released their self-titled debut in 1977. Clarke would serve as Mötorhead's guitarist, and occasional singer, for the next five years as the band's popularity grew. Mötorhead released a steady stream of albums during the late-Seventies and early-Eighties, including classics like Overkill, Ace of Spades and their live record, No Sleep 'til Hammersmith.

Clarke's last album with Mötorhead was 1982's Iron Fist, after which Thin Lizzy guitarist Brian Robertson took his spot. Band tensions played a role in Clarke's departure and the final straw for the guitarist was reportedly Mötorhead's decision to partner with the Plasmatics for an EP featuring a cover of Tammy Wynette's "Stand By Your Man."

After leaving Mötorhead, Clarke teamed with bassist Pete Way to form a new outfit, Fastway, which released its self-titled debut in 1983. The group released a string of records throughout the Eighties, riding the popularity of heavy metal and hair metal, before splitting in the early Nineties.

Clarke released a solo album, It Ain't Over Till It's Over, in 1994, which notably found him reuniting with his former Mötorhead bandmate Lemmy on "Laugh at the Devil." Clarke would continue to record and perform over the next few decades, releasing solo records and reuniting with Fastway. His last LP, Make My Day – Back to Blues, arrived in 2014.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Bummer. R.I.P. Eddie. Always thought the riff in Ace Of Spades is one of the best ever.
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 01-11-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Another one of your drug-fucked rock stars bought a farm, did they? Pneumonia my F A T ass. Now all the welfare metalheads take to Twatter to express their condolences to a limey hack who was more or less a failed musician playing in B-bands for nostalgia and drug money. Must say I did not see this one coming nor do I care. Real tragedy here is, why him instead of the F A T China man? But a dead limey is a dead limey so a good day.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

My god I bet your pussy stinks....go get it fucked once in awhile cunt.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Whatever, dude. Hey, you're like over 50 now. I bet you dick is like a saltine cracker in that you used salt to keep the rest of it from rotting off, you grey pube dropout.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yap, yap, yap. Boring riffs like a an annoying neighbors barking dog. No wonder he took so many drugs. To save him from his own misery of suckage.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Just for Kristy, here's Eddie & Fastway with their best Zeppelin ripoff tune......

Thread Information