Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I could be wrong but I don't think Satriani and Vai would have pissed all that amazing bubble of late 80s early 90s money away on cocaine and whores though like some of their contemporaries.

I was reading the other day how Boris Becker managed to get through over a hundred million...

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I could be wrong but I don't think Satriani and Vai would have pissed all that amazing bubble of late 80s early 90s money away on cocaine and whores though like some of their contemporaries.

I was reading the other day how Boris Becker managed to get through over a hundred million...
      Thus speaks a man who has no idea how expensive Bee's are.
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

I like Satch , I have fond memories of his twiddly albums but I do feel he is a little bit tainted by the chickfool connection.
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Which...and, I mean, honestly, not to belittle Collen's ability...but he just isn't as accomplished or has ever displayed near the amount of technical prowess as the other two on the bill. And you pretty much go to a G3 show to see and jaw-dropping technical ability and a guitar solo wankfest. Like, Collen might want to consider doing his set first, because if he goes on last...it'll be kinda laughable: he just doesn't stack up to the other two players on the bill.
          I'm sure he'll take his shirt-off to show everyone his 50-something pecks...

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Quality discrete scat wenches are worth every penny.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              I'm sure he'll take his shirt-off to show everyone his 50-something pecks...
              Yeah, the dude has body issues...a definite mimbo, who happens to play guitar.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                Yeah, the dude has body issues...a definite mimbo, who happens to play guitar.
                I saw the maybe 90's-something VH1 ("Behind the Music?") special on Def Leppard and Phil was bragging how he quit drinking and worked out like a fiend. But nobody really gives a fuck and to try to market himself like that at his age is really a bizarre testament to vanity he could get away with if he was at least somewhat subtle about it...

I guess their episode is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDI4xgQ27R8

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I saw on Peter Frampton's FB page that he's going to be a special guest on a couple of shows as well....

EDIT: Actually it's going to be Frampton on some, The Pretenders on some, and Foreigner as well.....

Def Leppard/Journey will have two major support bands with them in stadiums in the USA and Canada.
                  Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 02-03-2018, 09:38 AM.
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

I saw the maybe 90's-something VH1 ("Behind the Music?") special on Def Leppard and Phil was bragging how he quit drinking and worked out like a fiend. But nobody really gives a fuck and to try to market himself like that at his age is really a bizarre testament to vanity he could get away with if he was at least somewhat subtle about it...

I guess their episode is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDI4xgQ27R8
                    Which is fine that he did that, in terms of quitting drinking and working out. But, as you say, it gets a bit weird as he gets older that he seemingly can't just put his shirt on.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Phil Collen has left Def Leppard to attend to a family emergency. Steve Brown from Trixter is filling in for him. Brown covered Vivian Campell while Campell was out for cancer treatment.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You tell me. Seems like they think everywhere is "prime seating": http://keybank.centerbuffalo.com/Tic...8&venueID=1929

Maybe prices drop as we get closer and tix don't sell...
                        FTR, tickets could be had for $40...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Phil Collen has left Def Leppard to attend to a family emergency. Steve Brown from Trixter is filling in for him. Brown covered Vivian Campell while Campell was out for cancer treatment.
                          Guess he wasn't in Buffalo...

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

They were here last night. I didn't know Collen had left until I read the review on the Plain Dealer site. There were plenty of pics, the Twixter guy plays Wolfgangs.

I didn't look at what tickets were available. Didn't see any pop up on any of the buy/sell/trade groups I'm in.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe next they'll kick Joe Elliot out of the band and replace him with Roseanne Barr. Apparently she needs a new gig.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The most ridiculous thing about that Barr stuff is her saying Soros was in the SS.

If you can't take the time to check fucking snopes at least think for a second about how old he would need to be and check his age...

I was in Hungry recently and the irony about that stuff is that his mortal enemy is the Prime Minister of Hungary Viktor Orban who is the closest thing we have in Europe at the moment to a Nazi leader. He's where Trump wants to get to, getting his rich friends to buy and close down any media that criticises him - scary stuff.

Comment

Working...