X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Oh and as if they didn't have enough fighting within their band I see Johnathan Cain has married Trumps chief heretical televangelist...
    There was talk of Neil Schon being very pissed that some of the band effectively endorsed Trump. Not that he necessarily voted for Clinton, but that he didn't want the band to be involved in politics at all..

And am I the only one tired of fucking Phil Collen and his fucking shirt off? We get it Phil, you gave up drinking like a liquor store draining bum and keep in shape. But FFS, no girls below the age of 45 give a fuck at this point!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-24-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Then there's this

More recently, Cain has established a tandem career in solo faith music after marrying Paula White-Cain, a minister who delivered the invocation at Donald Trump's presidential inauguration. Schon indicates that this has become a point of contention.

"I've stated how I felt about mixing religion and politics and how our music is not of one religion - Democratic or Republican," Schon said in the same Instagram update. "This is and has been an issue with myself Mr. Cain and his now wife, since he married. I've had to fight this whole time to protect the brand I built with Steve Perry, way before Gregg and I picked Cain to replace himself when he wanted to retire from the road back then. Well frankly, I'm tired of having to defend all by my self. [Fellow co-founding Journey member] Ross [Valory] is no help."
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So why doesn't he just kick that pussy Cain out of the band and bring Gregg Rolie back?

I probably still wouldn't pay to see them, but it would still be a good thing for what's left of the band.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Because, slave FORD Roly Poly is making a lot more money playing in Santana and

2. Most of the Journey songs people want to hear were written by Cain

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Plus, Journey is just fucking awful.

I've tried to listen to their shit and cannot make it though one album in its entirety - especially, especially that Mike Stone, Kevin Elson produced shit. Every band that Stone molested all sound exactly the same: Journey, Asia, Queen, and the racist named Whitesnake. Same tiresome guitar riffs, same drum patterns, same vocal styling. Same. Then again, this is how your shitty, retarded generation sold itself out: repetitive mediocrity power pop ballads. This is why I hate you all.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
              Plus, Journey is just fucking awful.
              Well, yeah. Maybe for a short time in the early 80's they were good live. But their stuff is so uneven, a few gems among the turds really...

I've tried to listen to their shit and cannot make it though one album in its entirety - especially, especially that Mike Stone, Kevin Elson produced shit. Every band that Stone molested all sound exactly the same: Journey, Asia, Queen, and the racist named Whitesnake. Same tiresome guitar riffs, same drum patterns, same vocal styling. Same. Then again, this is how your shitty, retarded generation sold itself out: repetitive mediocrity power pop ballads. This is why I hate you all.
              Their greatest hits albums are okay, but yeah, a studio album is a turd fest with some radio friendly hits...

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Gems? Really?

Journey wrote and played the most queefy, sappy, and ridiculous power pop crap on the planet. How they did it was no secret: their ace in the (ass)hole was a singer who could pull a pseudo soul vibe without too much criticism. No one in white suburban America ever criticized a white man singing black unless of course that person is Michael Bolton or Michael McDonald.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Gems? Really?

Journey wrote and played the most queefy, sappy, and ridiculous power pop crap on the planet. How they did it was no secret: their ace in the (ass)hole was a singer who could pull a pseudo soul vibe without too much criticism. No one in white suburban America ever criticized a white man singing black unless of course that person is Michael Bolton or Michael McDonald.
                  Oh course they did!! But they did it better. Neither Michael McDonald nor Bolton ever a hit nor enduring cultural significance like Journey has! No one is ending one of the best series in history with "How Can I Live Without You"...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-24-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    Tickets here haven't gone on sale yet. $49.50, $69.50, $99.50, & $179.50.
                    Now THOSE are more reasonable prices.

Particularly considering you're gonna pay around $20 for parking and at least another $20 if you want a couple of beers during the show.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Well, yeah. Maybe for a short time in the early 80's they were good live. But their stuff is so uneven, a few gems among the turds really...

Their greatest hits albums are okay, but yeah, a studio album is a turd fest with some radio friendly hits...
                      Granted...

However, they are one of those bands who can go out on tour and even the most casual fan - who knows the band only from what they've heard on radio or MTV - will know virtually every song in a 15 to 20 song set list.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Oh course they did!! But they did it better. Neither Michael McDonald nor Bolton ever a hit nor enduring cultural significance like Journey has! No one is ending one of the best series in history with "How Can I Live Without You"...
                        https://media.giphy.com/media/W7nC5nKYdYykM/giphy.gif
                        Bolton sure as shit did in his native Canada.
                        Last edited by Kristy; 01-24-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          Granted...

However, they are one of those bands who can go out on tour and even the most casual fan - who knows the band only from what they've heard on radio or MTV - will know virtually every song in a 15 to 20 song set list.
                          And know 1-2 of the original present founding members..

I'll give Def Leppard this, at least they're somewhat still intact...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Bolton sure as shit did in his native Canada.
                            He's from fucking Connecticut! But still can we not get him deported?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And know 1-2 of the original present founding members..

I'll give Def Leppard this, at least they're somewhat still intact...
                              Yeah... they still have 2 1/2 of the original members.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                Yeah... they still have 2 1/2 of the original members.
                                Well, at least some of them died!

Comment

Working...