Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

As to Rubio's statement, regardless of his misuse of the word inexplicable overall what he said is just a string of mealy-mouthed centrist platitudes, which is fairly typical of what Rubio has to say on any given topic. Straddling the fence so as to allow him wiggle room to adjust his positions down the line. The phrase "empty suit" comes to mind. Paul Ryan's interests end at budgetary matters, so I'd never expect anything but clichés from him when it comes to gun violence.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

The larger issue of gun violence?

The NRA is a well-funded organization that effectively lobbies politicians and gets the non-restrictive gun laws it wants. I don't own a gun and have no interest in doing so. My personal belief is that guns are useful only for killing things. I know more than a few gun owners, though. Decent people. Most gun owners aren't psychos or people with murderous impulses. Interestingly enough, a majority of gun owners do think gun laws should be less lax than they currently are, perhaps because these nutters going on these mass shooting sprees are giving a bad name to gun ownership and responsible gun owners don't want nutters out shooting up schools anymore than non gun owners do.

I wouldn't want to infringe upon a person's right to own a firearm, yet at the same time I don't really see any reason why any citizen needs an automatic weapon, for any purpose...ever. I mean, is a machine gun a practical weapon for hunting animals? Or defending yourself when the Black Helicopters attack you (as if your sole machine gun will repel the US Military)? Impending zombie apocalypse?

To be sure, an automatic weapon ban wouldn't prevent a nutter from shooting people in a public place with a handgun, but at least maybe one could hope to limit the amount of bullets physically fired in a brief time span, which might in turn save a few more lives.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I wonder if it's time to stop identifying these mass murderers in the media.

If you are some suicidal psycho loser the one way to make sure your name is immortalized is to go on a shooting spree, it would be good to take that away from them.
        I've always thought this. Terrorists too...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          The disenfranchised American white male, everybody.
          Yes, you are...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And right on cue, here comes the Alex Jones "false flag" conspiracy theory........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

And the typical rationale that is offered by Ryan, McConnell and the Republicans in the wake of one of these shootings is invariably blather about how not one study they have seen has demonstrated how more restrictive gun laws would provide a 100% guarantee that these mass shooting incidents wouldn't happen.

Basically, we - the politicians - can't do everything, therefore we will do nothing.

Clearly, the citizenry can't count on elected officials to provide leadership on this issue, and the only way these politicians will actually do anything about it is if the citizenry start voting them out of office.

Sadly, what will end up happening is everyone will tweet their thoughts and prayers, stating how horrible it is and how something should be done. Then we will all go back to business as usual, until the next one. And the next one. And the next one. Just as we have been doing for the last twenty years. \

Since nobody has the will to change any of this, why bother sending thoughts and prayers? We have already thrown in the towel on this issue as a society, in that by doing nothing we have capitulated to these incidents and in essence have tacitly agreed such instances are now routine because we don't have the will to stop them.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jacksmar
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away...
                      A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Oh fuck Columbine. The Jefferson County Police Department here are the biggest cowards. Remember how those F A T fucks hid behind fire trucks while children were bleeding to death? They rather harass kids suspected of smoking dope then ever having to get up off their lazy F A T A S F U C K asses and tangle with a real criminal. I was in Columbine last month for a basketball game and even though it was way after school hours, the place is set up like a prison complete with a JeffCo cop who watches video monitors under bullet-proof glass. I fucking hated living near that area. Full of F A T Christians from Texas and California not too mention some F A T A S F U C K New York ingrates. I can remember walking home from Clement Park after doing many a bong hit at the Columbine shooting memorial only to be stopped by JeffCo cops:

F A T PIG: "Yo'un gut any ID?"

Upstanding and model citizen me: "Yo'un gut any reason for probable cause to stop and harass me? Eh, pig?"

That fucking area is a nothing more than a god damn police state now. And the F A T A S F U C K Republican Christian transplants want it that way since Columbine rather than any initiative for gun control
                        Last edited by Kristy; 02-17-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I thought all the "F A T A S F U C K Republican Christian transplants" lived in Colorado Springs, so they could be close to the James Dobson wife beater/dog beater/take your kid in the shower and show him your dick to keep him from turning gay cult compound?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Cost too much to live there anymore. So all of those F A T A S F U C K Christian transplants have migrated north and not only ruined the place (it used to be beautiful here) but turned it into a police state.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Why do we strike deals with these bastards..He admits to it..there is zero reason to keep this pos alive,,Let him rot far a year or two then stick him in a chair..

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...