Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries

Just Fuck Off And Die Already

This asshole is really starting to piss me off

"Led Zeppelin are about to reissue their 2003 live record, How the West Was Won, but Jimmy Page said more recordings of the legendary group in concert are on the way."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-z...ve-album-2018/

For one of the most shittiest rock bands who have not done diddley-doodley squat in over 40 years apart from lame reunions seem to love to milk the cash cash from their retarded fan base. Fuck them both. They deserve each other.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yeah...look, I quite like Zeppelin. Am what you'd probably call a mildly hardcore fan of the band, but Page is just a bit pathetic.

Whatever one thinks of Plant's solo career as of late, at least Plant is still making new music and not wallowing in Zeppelin. For the last twenty years, Page has just been sifting through the relics, spearheading these "deluxe" reissues ("ooh, Bonzo farted during the recording of Carouselambra! quick, let's put out a revised edition of In Through The Out Door complete with that flatulent outtake!!")...ugh.

I bought How The West Was Won and the 2003 live dvd, then...let's see...I bought the 2 dvd deluxe The Song Remains The Same released in 2010 (I think it was), and noticed that Page was STILL tinkering with the soundtrack to edit out mistakes. After that, enough was enough for me. Didn't bother with the studio album reissues. Didn't bother with the Celebration Day dvd. At least for me, I've reached the point where I'm through paying to repurchase stuff I already own because it has been "digitally remastered"/slightly tweaked or has some previously unreleased material on it that would have been better off left unreleased (I would have thought I would have learned that lesson as far back as CODA).

However, I guess there's still a paying audience who feels the absolute need to have every single recorded utterance a given artist/group ever put down on tape, so these repackagings probably aren't going away any time soon.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (02-17-2018)

Thread Information