• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Electric Dreams on Amazon Prime

Anyone watching? I'm three episodes in, it's pretty good.

Just Googled it and I see that the episode sequence was different for Channel 4 in the UK. So far I've watched Real Life, Autofac, and Human Is. Decent casts in each episode.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Watched three more. Crazy Diamond was okay, didn't really care for The Hood Maker. Funny how the "teeps" are treated in this one, kind of like the "skin jobs" (replicants) are in Blade Runner.

Safe and Sound was okay and kind of timely.

Looking at the casts of the next four, Greg Kinnear might be the biggest name. Of the three I watched tonight, Steve Buscemi in Crazy Diamond was the only one I recognized.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'll check it out.

Not on Prime in the UK but free at 4 on Demand by the looks of it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Electric Dreams on Amazon Prime

What I will not be watching on Netflix is Manhunt: Unabomber.
        When a criminal known as the Unabomber poses a unique threat to a country’s freedom, those in pursuit must find a way to think differently
        This is either fiction or complete bullshit - threat to a country’s freedom my hole.

Lone nut sets of some bombs killing a couple of people. Cops completely fail to find him until his brother hands him in.
        They are spinning that out for 8 fucking episodes?

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah, on the wiki

The victims, investigators later learned, were chosen irregularly from library research.
          Hardly a nationwide OMG DON'T OPEN THE MAIL! thing

The whole "true crime" show thing is already getting overdone. I considered watching Waco but I don't get Spike (or now, Paramount Network) on Playstation Vue. Maybe I'll download it.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

To be fair I didn’t really know much about the unabomber , it’s hard to keep up with the whole Americans who kill Americans thing . But after you lot mentioned it I read up on it a bit , the whole what they did at Harvard to him and others was the most interesting bit.
            I agree 8 episodes of “here is my shed” might not be the next breaking bad.
            Can he have a sexy accomplice ? An old English actor in jail who gives him tips ?
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Yeah, on the wiki

Hardly a nationwide OMG DON'T OPEN THE MAIL! thing

The whole "true crime" show thing is already getting overdone. I considered watching Waco but I don't get Spike (or now, Paramount Network) on Playstation Vue. Maybe I'll download it.
              There is certainly more than enough actual footage and information on such events as Waco or the Unabomber that dramatizations of it hold little interest, at least for me.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...