X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Agreed I don't think there are any countries you can now dismiss as being universally shitty. I have a nice Korean made Schecter and this week picked up a really Yamaha APXIII on EBay and just noticed it is made in China which was my one remaining alarm bell country.
    I bought an Ovation made in Korea. It is perfectly built without any mistakes and sounds great! So does my Brian May Signature.

The Squier Tele I used to build my "Crackwhore" was made in China and sounded and played GREAT right out of the box! Point is...don't touch anything. The moment you open or unscrew something it falls apart. I replaced almost every piece of the hardware. Drilled holes for string through body etc. But for the price the original was worth every cent.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Build thread on the Tele?
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

That Telecaster is for a Paul Stanley pimp.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
          I hear good things about those. As a Roland fanboi I approve.
          95% of the reviews have been very positive, to the point of the inevitable valve vs solid state arguments. One guy says it's the most awesome sounding amp ever - other guy says it sucks
          This software feature where you can download and edit Boss effects is killer. Probably overkill unless your into tweaking tones down to the atomic level.

Their Katana 100 Artist version has a Waza Craft speaker. Which is Roland correct?
          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

Build thread on the Tele?

Comment

• private parts
              Sniper
              • Jan 2007

inbound...
              Whoa! Nice

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by private parts
                Their Katana 100 Artist version has a Waza Craft speaker. Which is Roland correct?
                Looks like it. I had to Google it. They've got some all-analog Waza Craft pedals too.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Whoa! Nice
                  Came a few hours ago but I was out in the garage getting the hard top off the Wrangler. Played it through the 6505MH a bit.

I bought a D-Tuna a couple weeks ago and put it on earlier

It's a little buzzy, needs tweaked. Got it off Amazon, shipped from Gear Tree in MI. I thought I had another strap but forgot I put it on the Fireman. Back to Amazon I go. Not sure if I'll put Dunlop straplocks on it like everything else (except the Fireman) has. And it came with three Allen wrenches, but not the one that fits the locking nut and string clamp bolts. Weird.

I haven't put it next to the Ravelle yet to see how close the whites are. Maybe over the weekend.
                  Last edited by twonabomber; 04-26-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• private parts
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2007

Congrats! That's awesome - beautiful. CRANK THAT BITCH!
                    Funny thing, none of the Allen wrenches I got fit anything (maybe the intonation screws) - WTF?!
                    The red looks good with the white for sure. The Standards should come equipped with D-Tunas. I mean they're only like $50.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Congrats! That's awesome - beautiful. CRANK THAT BITCH!
                      Funny thing, none of the Allen wrenches I got fit anything (maybe the intonation screws) - WTF?!
                      The red looks good with the white for sure. The Standards should come equipped with D-Tunas. I mean they're only like $50.
                      The red D-Tuna was supposedly a limited edition. It was under $40 on eBay. My Korean Peavey Wolfgang Special came with a D-Tuna.

I might add a kill switch, it would be red also.

Both my Wolfgangs are about the same weight. Close to what my Hamer Steve Stevens weighs, and the Ravelle is a little lighter. The Fireman is heavier than all of those, but it's bigger and the body is mahogany.

Comment

• private parts
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2007

So what's the verdict on the new Wolfie axe? BTW just picked up a d-tuna but haven't installed yet. Does it work and stay tuned as advertised?
                        I've read mostly good reviews and a couple saying it has to be re-tuned after a few drop d's and back.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I haven't played the white WG much. It's sitting in a case in the corner.

I've picked up a few cheapies (under $500 each) in the last month and haven't plugged them in yet. Been outside a lot.

I've used the D-Tuna a little, but probably not enough to mess anything up.

Comment

• private parts
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2007

Installed d-tuna worked great for a while, but now getting a buzzing sound when I go to standard E. I think its the Floyd's fine tuner spring buzzing against the bottom of the d-tuna. Gonna try to fiddle with it. If I can't fix it
                            the damn thing is coming off. Anybody ever had this issue with floyds?

Comment

• private parts
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2007

The red D-Tuna was supposedly a limited edition. It was under $40 on eBay. My Korean Peavey Wolfgang Special came with a D-Tuna.

I might add a kill switch, it would be red also.

Both my Wolfgangs are about the same weight. Close to what my Hamer Steve Stevens weighs, and the Ravelle is a little lighter. The Fireman is heavier than all of those, but it's bigger and the body is mahogany.
                              Do you know whether these "EVH Branded Floyds" are original Floyds or a cheaper version? I've seen some discussion regarding cranking down the bridge posts to adjust action that could damage the blades if string tension is not released, but on original
                              Floyds the steel is much harder and can take more abuse. Thoughts.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Do you know whether these "EVH Branded Floyds" are original Floyds or a cheaper version? I've seen some discussion regarding cranking down the bridge posts to adjust action that could damage the blades if string tension is not released, but on original
                                Floyds the steel is much harder and can take more abuse. Thoughts.
                                I have several guitars with original Floyd Rose trems on them and a few with Licensed FR trems. The original Floyd Rose trems and still made in Germany and they do have very good metal in them. I always took the string and spring tension off before adjusting the height screws just to be safe on all my trems. I had one of the Korean made Peavey Wolfgang specials. The trem on it was like a Floyd Rose II which has a cast body with knife edge inserts. It was actually a pretty good guitar but I gave it away because I never played it much. I like Strat styled guitars better.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...