X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    The whole concept sounds wacky as hell... I'm not sure that a new military branch can be created by presidential decree. I believe Congress has to authorize it and a bill for this, last year failed in the House. All I can say is our time and tax dollars can be spent in much more important ways...
    We are not supposed to go to war without congress declaring it. That doesn't stop us from bombing the shit out of people. We used to call it a police action. Now it's called spreading democracy. The government is full of crooks. They all have a get out of jail free card. They really don't give a shit. Sure our time and tax dollars can be spent in better ways. How many trillion have we wasted in Iraq? Trump campaigned on rebuilding our infrastructure. I don't see that being done. I think that takes priority over Space Force.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The president is commander in chief of the US military forces. He has a lot of power over military operations. He can't declare war. He does not control the purse. He probably can create a new military branch on his own but he can't finance it without house approval.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Yup. Mattis wasn't exactly amused. But see there is no air in space so we need Space Force not Air Force. Haha!
        We'll just use the Colonial Marines!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Personally I think a Space Force is a wonderful concept. I've had about enough of these fucking Ewoks.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
              Personally I think a Space Force is a wonderful concept. I've had about enough of these fucking Ewoks.
              It will bring order to the Galaxy! And supersize the space toys in Trump's Happy Meals...

Welcome back Bueno!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Reminds me of the crap Reagan got when he announced the Star Wars program. People called him Ronald Ray Gun and made all sorts of fun at it. It turns out the whole thing was a psyops to get the Soviets to spend money they didn't have to try and match us on this new fake program. It worked. It helped financially break the Soviet Union and lead to it's demise.

Space Force sounds dumb enough to be another psyops. Ha! Ha! if General Mattis is throwing a tizzy fit just to make it look more real then he's really getting into the part.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Space Force sounds dumb enough to be another psyops. Ha! Ha! if General Mattis is throwing a tizzy fit just to make it look more real then he's really getting into the part.
                    Wow so you are saying that this is so fucking stupid it is clever.

Ever hear of Occam's razor? Also this would be a psyops against who? Not the Russians so who else, maybe Americans?

Comment

Working...