Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    You think Dave sings badly these days. Try Bon Jovi at the RHOF...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
    Didn't even bother watching the RnRHoF. Had seen a few clips of Bon Jovi live a few years ago: it was clear the band was tuned down at least a 1/2 step from the original recordings, and even with that advantage Bon Jovi was struggling.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

After the show Jon said it was Alec John Such's fault...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-17-2018)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

JBJ has been like that for a while. Reminds me of Frankie Valli in the early 80's, when everyone thought he was going deaf.

Almost went to the induction, but it was a 2 ticket limit when they went on sale to HOF members. There were five or six of us who wanted to go. I ended up going to see the Darkness instead.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well I guess at least it proves it was live...

It probably sounded a lot better if you were there and it was loud and not through a phone mike.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Well I guess at least it proves it was live...

It probably sounded a lot better if you were there and it was loud and not through a phone mike.
    Naaah....Jon's voice is shot. He sounds really awful. And he looks like he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Naaah....Jon's voice is shot. He sounds really awful. And he looks like he doesn't want to do it anymore.

I get the feeling that he's just chugging along still doing it because the demand is still there. It's more a revenue source than a passion. When the last album was released initially he announced he was going to have a set list very heavily concentrated on the new material, with a half dozen or so of the best known oldies thrown in at the end of the show. He did a few shows like that, then ticket sales for the next leg of the tour were very sluggish, because people want to go to a show and hear as many of the best known oldies tunes as possible. He publicly announced he was going back to a set list heavy on the hits and light on the new material, and ticket sales rebounded.

I imagine from his standpoint it has to be both boring as fuck playing those same hits over and over again along with most of those hits being 20 to 30 years old and originally sung in a range he just can't reach anymore.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

No one mentioned the bald spot on Dave's head yet? One hair thread comiiiiin' uuuuup!

In fairness it looked like a patch of hair on an otherwise actively balding head. At least his singing was subpar. But that “look at me dancin” smile while wearing those special, special duds was awesome. Dave hasnt felt this pretty in some time. He never disappoints when he skips his way into so many hearts......

9. Thanked Heater for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-01-2018)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I wouldn't say I really enjoy bashing Roth these days...

He just strikes me as a really odd, self-absorbed person to the utmost degree.

Odd in how he still tries to come across like the stud frontman version of himself circa 1986. Almost as if he's not comfortable aging, or comfortable inside his own skin. And the older he gets, the sillier it comes across.

And, strictly for myself, what Roth brings to the stage now isn't worth seeing. Certainly not worth more than $25 a ticket. It's been that way for me since (and including) the ADKOT/2012 tour.

I mean, one of my personal favorite top rock frontmen of all time. Always will be. But he just got weird as he got old. And his quippy interview one-liners lost their luster after being repeated over a period of thirty years. I think Roth is just one of those types of entertainers where his act was never going to grow old gracefully, or age well, or however you want to put it.
    Thinking about the last 10 years or so of Van Halen and David Lee Roth... It's been a combination of really amazing stuff that rekindled the "magic" those guys used to generate intermixed with really destructive stuff where it all went to shit. Center stage in all that was Roth...

The sad thing to me that killed it all was much of the really entertaining stuff literally got removed from the public domain, then all that was good got stomped on and replaced with half-assed phoned-in performances. Then it all went dark...

If all the content and body of work from 2007 thru the ADKOT tour remained in place it as it had occurred, it would represent a great rebirth of much of the legendary VH/Roth. Everything up through Eddie's Smithsonian presentation... which I suspect was the catalyst for Dave's self-destruction. Then it's like it all got yanked, which literally all the Roth material did and then replaced with sub-par crap.

I really enjoyed all that stuff... The quirky Roth shows, pod casts and especially where the 3 Van Halens were heading from a musical quality perspective. But Dave... in my mind just fucked it all up. He had an amazing collaborative and creative gig in which Shelly produced some really great, entertaining video material. It was the stuff which drew me and many others to Dave's "entertainer" persona! Yeah, some of it was off-the-rails and just plain weird... but still fun if you don't take certain things in life too seriously...

In my mind it's feels like someone snuck into my world and stole all that stuff back because they were butt-hurt over some stupid shit and taking back their fun stuff. Then it all got replaced with cheap sub-par foreign knock-offs... I don't want to be despairing to the Japanese... It's not their fault. Dave should not have tried to reproduce his product in that market. It was a far superior "Made in the USA" product to begin with...

Bottom line... the going dark aspect is what has driven down activity here and all VH/Roth fan site. I really wish those would have been kind enough to leave their body of work out there rather than getting butt-hurt and just pulling it all out of the public realm.

11. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (04-20-2018),Terry (04-20-2018)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Thinking about the last 10 years or so of Van Halen and David Lee Roth... It's been a combination of really amazing stuff that rekindled the "magic" those guys used to generate intermixed with really destructive stuff where it all went to shit. Center stage in all that was Roth...

The sad thing to me that killed it all was much of the really entertaining stuff literally got removed from the public domain, then all that was good got stomped on and replaced with half-assed phoned-in performances. Then it all went dark...

If all the content and body of work from 2007 thru the ADKOT tour remained in place it as it had occurred, it would represent a great rebirth of much of the legendary VH/Roth. Everything up through Eddie's Smithsonian presentation... which I suspect was the catalyst for Dave's self-destruction. Then it's like it all got yanked, which literally all the Roth material did and then replaced with sub-par crap.

I really enjoyed all that stuff... The quirky Roth shows, pod casts and especially where the 3 Van Halens were heading from a musical quality perspective. But Dave... in my mind just fucked it all up. He had an amazing collaborative and creative gig in which Shelly produced some really great, entertaining video material. It was the stuff which drew me and many others to Dave's "entertainer" persona! Yeah, some of it was off-the-rails and just plain weird... but still fun if you don't take certain things in life too seriously...

In my mind it's feels like someone snuck into my world and stole all that stuff back because they were butt-hurt over some stupid shit and taking back their fun stuff. Then it all got replaced with cheap sub-par foreign knock-offs... I don't want to be despairing to the Japanese... It's not their fault. Dave should not have tried to reproduce his product in that market. It was a far superior "Made in the USA" product to begin with...

Bottom line... the going dark aspect is what has driven down activity here and all VH/Roth fan site. I really wish those would have been kind enough to leave their body of work out there rather than getting butt-hurt and just pulling it all out of the public realm.
    I think, as others have said in other threads, if you could have fused the 2007 Roth with the 2012 Ed, THAT would have been a really solid reunion show. As it was, in 2008 and 2012, I got to see shows where only 3/4s of the band was functioning well. Unfortunately, in 2008 the 1/4 not functioning well was Eddie, and in 2012 the 1/4 not functioning well was Dave.

I was never expecting the band in 2007 going forward to put out a stellar album and tour with each new year. I knew it wasn't going to be up to the level of CVH even if Anthony had been participating. I think maybe my overall lack of satisfaction with the last decade has to do with having been around when CVH was active, so I know what it was like in terms of frequency of output, and when CVH was active I didn't have to make allowances for seeing the band when Roth couldn't cut it vocally onstage, or Ed was too fucked up to play well. Truth be told, I'm not gonna make allowances for it now. I gave the band two shots to pull it off live over the last decade: the band weren't 100% up to it.

I suppose I COULD not take the thing so seriously and just lower my expectations accordingly, but fuck it. I shouldn't have to. Not when it comes to Van Halen.

I will say Roth pulled out a great series of performances on the first reunion tour, Eddie played great on the last two tours and I liked ADKOT: when ADKOT worked well, it certainly DID rekindle what I loved about the band all those years ago. I passed on Live From The Tokyo Dome (one listen for free online was MORE than enough) and I passed on the 2015 tour...there's just nothing left going on with the band for me to get excited over in anticipation of anymore. What's left? One last greatest hits tour with Mike Anthony? Even if the band reconvenes and does manage to put out another decent album, we'll get maybe two songs played live and the rest of the set will be the same old same old, only sung badly far as the lead vocals go.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    If VH really liked to perform live they would be out there on the road now. The bottom line is they don't love it. They love dicking around in the studio. VH are studio rats. End of story.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

You guys bring up some good points....

Some days, a lot of them over the last couple years, I think they should just schedule a press conference and call it a day....

They obviously have no interest in doing anything other than noodling as Nitro said..... They don't have the energy nor camaraderie nor financial need to tour anymore, you could tell at the Hollywood Bowl shows they were done....

They've completely gone against the grain with just about everything since their half-assed reunion in 2007, where instead of getting Mike back into the fold, EVH had his 16 year old son play bass.... Which, I will repeat, was 100% done so that EVH could play with his son, and he used some bullshit excuse about Mike and Hagar.... For as great as seeing them onstage again in 2007 was, it could have been so much better....

And they fucked it up even earlier in 2007 in the RRHOF ceremony.... That was an absolute embarrassment....

They refuse to do anything for their fans... My god, look what Jimmy Page has been doing.....

And now this year, in what SHOULD be an automatic slamdunk celebration of their 40th anniversary of the greatest debut album in music history, not only do they refuse to do anything, they remain absolutely silent, unless you count one fucking Tweet from EVH......

Like I said, just close up shop and put us out of our misery.... Maybe send another Tweet to let us know, though.....

15. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-01-2018)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The silence and literally nothing from the band on their 40th Anniversary of their debut was a disappointment...

It brought back some really fun memories for me of an amazing period of fantastic music, simpler times and just an era packed with fun and debauchery!! What should of been a celebration, it seemed it was just a gawd-damned embarrassment for the band... WTF?

17. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-01-2018)

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-14-2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    If VH really liked to perform live they would be out there on the road now. The bottom line is they don't love it. They love dicking around in the studio. VH are studio rats. End of story.

Yet, they don’t record and release shit!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanTopper View Post
    Yet, they don’t record and release shit!!
    They only release stuff to the public if they need money. Looks like the bills are paid and they got it made in the shade so the fans get nothing. If your last name ain't Van Halen you don't mean shit in their world. The music is for them. If they need money then they will come out and share some of it.

20. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-01-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The silence and literally nothing from the band on their 40th Anniversary of their debut was a disappointment...

It brought back some really fun memories for me of an amazing period of fantastic music, simpler times and just an era packed with fun and debauchery!! What should of been a celebration, it seemed it was just a gawd-damned embarrassment for the band... WTF?
    Van Halen ain't KISS. They don't care about their brand or even view it that way. They make music and someone else has to sell it for them. Of course nobody wants to bother because they are a pain in the ass to work with. No VH are just a bunch of studio wankers. It's what they always were. It was Roth that got them to jazz things up and it was Roth that sold that band and then it was Sammy. With just the Van Halens you get nothing. They just wank around in the studio. They don't know how to market for shit.

22. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-01-2018)

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    09-20-2018 @ 11:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    I'd be able to concede that perhaps the onstage monitors weren't functioning properly (as to not being rehearsed, I'd say were that the case it would be more of a weak explanation than an excuse) if it weren't for the fact that when I saw Roth in 2005 and 2006 he was approaching California Girls - and quite a few other tunes in the sets - with that same yelping vocal style. He stopped doing that with the first Van Halen reunion tour, but in 2012 he was back to doing it again: I thought the Tampa 2012 gig might have been an anomaly in terms of Dave just having an off night (that'll happen to the best of 'em every now and then), but the other 2012 shows I saw online and the 2015 stuff I saw online were more of the same.

I'd agree he doesn't sound much worse than he did 3 years ago, but that's not really saying a lot.

Whatever. I'm just being a nitpicky cunt about it in terms of bitching about how bad Dave sounded in a few clips I watched for free, but the other side of that coin is I'm glad I wasn't paying to see it live.

I was less than thrilled that Ed was drunkenly half-assing the show I saw in 2008...a show which Dave (along with Al) fucking carried.

Ed got his shit together in 2012. Dave just...I dunno. I can't tell if he's singing the way he is to make it sound like he's trying hard, or if he's bored singing the tunes the way they were recorded...the net result just plain sounds bad. I suppose I wouldn't be so critical if I thought this was the best he was capable of now, but I think he can sound much better with much less effort.

Maybe get Wilford Brimley to sing uncredited offstage for him?

Hey terry, to me it seems Dave just has to get his vocal chords in shape (i.e sing more). I saw them in Toronto on their 2015 tour, and being a young fan i could not have asked for a better show. Dave was great, easily rivaling his '07-'08 performances. And, at the point in the tour when I saw them, they had already done over half of the tour; so Dave's voice was nice and trained up. Here's Ain't talkin' 'bout love from that show.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5LG3wreGg The guy who uploaded it, also uploaded the entire gig. I suggest you check it out, Dave was just at the top of his game that night. It was an awesome night that i'll never forget!

24. 2 users say thank you to daveroth for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (04-23-2018),Loons The Great (05-08-2018)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Van Halen ain't KISS. They don't care about their brand or even view it that way..
    Well on some level, thank fuck for that! Who needs cheapened whores?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Van Halen ain't KISS. They don't care about their brand or even view it that way. They make music and someone else has to sell it for them. Of course nobody wants to bother because they are a pain in the ass to work with. No VH are just a bunch of studio wankers. It's what they always were. It was Roth that got them to jazz things up and it was Roth that sold that band and then it was Sammy. With just the Van Halens you get nothing. They just wank around in the studio. They don't know how to market for shit.
    I agree on the lack of marketing ability, skills and knowledge... add to that I also believe Ed and Al, plus Dave to a certain degree lack the ability to get a damn thing done without a manager and the support of a record company type of team to push them to complete any credible body of work. Throughout their careers... someone else did all the work, while the band showed up, plugged in, performed and their bank accounts magically filled up.

Before someone shows up here gushing over what a business genius Diamond Dave was... I've always questioned Dave's taking credit for being the motivated business force behind Van Halen and even his solo career. Behind all that greatness was management teams busting their asses to make sure nothing got fucked up along the way. Just look at the disasters and miles long trail of wreckage Dave has left in shambles the last 15-20 years of managing his own catalog, media and legacy...

Without any viable management... look at what we, the fans, get...

There was a time I held hope that posthumously someone would step in and breathe life into the vast musical catalog of recorded live shows and unreleased studio material... but that pipe-dream has faded if you were to look at the web of defunct LLC's and contracts among so many various parties who'd have a legal interest in all of that material. None of the original band member's estates are worth enough to pay attorneys enough to untangle the legal mess tied to the music... and release any of it.

27. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-22-2018)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Ed loves selling striped trinkets. He's got striped leggings for sale now, for chrissakes.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondclaudio View Post
    The Matador Jacket© lives on...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How long is that now?

I prefer it to the Casey Jones look but both are kind of odd.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveroth View Post
    Hey terry, to me it seems Dave just has to get his vocal chords in shape (i.e sing more). I saw them in Toronto on their 2015 tour, and being a young fan i could not have asked for a better show. Dave was great, easily rivaling his '07-'08 performances. And, at the point in the tour when I saw them, they had already done over half of the tour; so Dave's voice was nice and trained up. Here's Ain't talkin' 'bout love from that show.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5LG3wreGg The guy who uploaded it, also uploaded the entire gig. I suggest you check it out, Dave was just at the top of his game that night. It was an awesome night that i'll never forget!
    Suffice to say, I'm not hearing what you've been hearing as of late re: Dave's live vocals.

I mean, it's good that you enjoyed the show you saw in 2015. Honestly. I wouldn't want a paying audience member of any concert (even a band I have no use for) to experience a substandard show.

Maybe Dave did have a good night in Montreal in 2015 to your ears.

For me, Dave's vocal approach significantly lessened my enjoyment of the 2012 gig I saw: roughly 50% of the time he was singing, Roth sounded shitty. That approach was audibly evident all over the Tokyo Dome album, and was all over the several 2015 gigs I watched on youtube prior to tickets going on sale for my area. From what I heard of that recent clip, that strained yelp is still central to Roth's vocal strategy.

All Roth has to do is drop the yelp and simply sing the tunes in key. I'm not asking for much out of the guy. I have no expectations about him leaping around onstage anymore. I have no expectations that he's gonna start letting out his old trademark barefoot on hot coals shrieks. I do expect he's going to sing the tunes as close to in key as he possibly can and not yelp his way through tune after tune, ruining the lead vocals with his off key yelling. Which is to say, if the band wants any more of my money, that's the expectation Roth will have to meet.

It doesn't matter, because Van Halen with Roth at the helm in terms of the legend is such that the shows don't have to be particularly good anymore to remain lucrative: there's no shortage of people willing to pay to see what I no longer will. And that's fine. If people are enjoying what the band are doing - and are enjoying what Roth is doing vocally - go see the shows and have a good time. Long as things remain the way they are vocally, I'm out.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I agree on the lack of marketing ability, skills and knowledge... add to that I also believe Ed and Al, plus Dave to a certain degree lack the ability to get a damn thing done without a manager and the support of a record company type of team to push them to complete any credible body of work. Throughout their careers... someone else did all the work, while the band showed up, plugged in, performed and their bank accounts magically filled up.

Before someone shows up here gushing over what a business genius Diamond Dave was... I've always questioned Dave's taking credit for being the motivated business force behind Van Halen and even his solo career. Behind all that greatness was management teams busting their asses to make sure nothing got fucked up along the way. Just look at the disasters and miles long trail of wreckage Dave has left in shambles the last 15-20 years of managing his own catalog, media and legacy...

Without any viable management... look at what we, the fans, get...

There was a time I held hope that posthumously someone would step in and breathe life into the vast musical catalog of recorded live shows and unreleased studio material... but that pipe-dream has faded if you were to look at the web of defunct LLC's and contracts among so many various parties who'd have a legal interest in all of that material. None of the original band member's estates are worth enough to pay attorneys enough to untangle the legal mess tied to the music... and release any of it.
    Yeah, well, to hear Dave at times tell it, he was the genius behind all of that CVH marketing. You never do hear Dave mention the names Noel Monk or Pete Angelus with any type of frequency in terms of sharing the credit. Left to his own devices, essentially managing himself, we got YFLM, the Vegas stint, Strumming with Van Halen, Van Halen lullabyes for toddlers, etc.

As for Ed and Al, it doesn't take a sense of business genius to license the red/black/white EVH Franky Stripes and allow them to be slapped on everything under the sun...much the same as when Ed finally called all the shots in the wake of Hagar's 1996 departure, we got Van Halen III for our troubles.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Suffice to say, I'm not hearing what you've been hearing as of late re: Dave's live vocals.

I mean, it's good that you enjoyed the show you saw in 2015. Honestly. I wouldn't want a paying audience member of any concert (even a band I have no use for) to experience a substandard show.

Maybe Dave did have a good night in Montreal in 2015 to your ears.

For me, Dave's vocal approach significantly lessened my enjoyment of the 2012 gig I saw: roughly 50% of the time he was singing, Roth sounded shitty. That approach was audibly evident all over the Tokyo Dome album, and was all over the several 2015 gigs I watched on youtube prior to tickets going on sale for my area. From what I heard of that recent clip, that strained yelp is still central to Roth's vocal strategy.

All Roth has to do is drop the yelp and simply sing the tunes in key. I'm not asking for much out of the guy. I have no expectations about him leaping around onstage anymore. I have no expectations that he's gonna start letting out his old trademark barefoot on hot coals shrieks. I do expect he's going to sing the tunes as close to in key as he possibly can and not yelp his way through tune after tune, ruining the lead vocals with his off key yelling. Which is to say, if the band wants any more of my money, that's the expectation Roth will have to meet.

It doesn't matter, because Van Halen with Roth at the helm in terms of the legend is such that the shows don't have to be particularly good anymore to remain lucrative: there's no shortage of people willing to pay to see what I no longer will. And that's fine. If people are enjoying what the band are doing - and are enjoying what Roth is doing vocally - go see the shows and have a good time. Long as things remain the way they are vocally, I'm out.
    Hi Terry,
    I think you are confusing him with me he attended the Toronto show in 2015 lol "Maybe Dave did have a good night in Montreal in 2015 to your ears." You did have to answer to the same kind of comment a few years ago that I made but to my defense I have never attended a VH "Event" as Dave puts it, sober...Anyways Dave getting old Ed getting old and we are all getting old. So memories is all we have now.
    Cheers!
    STIL

34. Thanked So this is love for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-01-2018)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"All Roth has to do is drop the yelp and simply sing the tunes in key. I'm not asking for much out of the guy. I have no expectations about him leaping around onstage anymore." I agree, this is all we are asking for.
    Last edited by So this is love; 04-22-2018 at 07:15 PM.

36. 2 users say thank you to So this is love for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-22-2018),ZahZoo (04-23-2018)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"Long as things remain the way they are vocally, I'm out." Well maybe its time to have a get together with some of the good people at this site such as Vain, 78/84 and others if VH ever tour again and it FLA.

38. Thanked So this is love for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-22-2018)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    Hi Terry,
    I think you are confusing him with me he attended the Toronto show in 2015 lol "Maybe Dave did have a good night in Montreal in 2015 to your ears." You did have to answer to the same kind of comment a few years ago that I made but to my defense I have never attended a VH "Event" as Dave puts it, sober...Anyways Dave getting old Ed getting old and we are all getting old. So memories is all we have now.
    Cheers!
    STIL
    I think daveroth, who I was replying to, said he had attended the Van Halen show in Toronto in 2015 when he was responding to me...I mean, I definitely knew I wasn't confusing you with him...I think (?) Cheers to you.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    How long is that now?

I prefer it to the Casey Jones look but both are kind of odd.
    I think the black and gold along with a blue and gold ones showed up in 2007... they replaced the pin stripped suit from the radio days.

The Carhart bib-overalls showed up during the Strummin With the Devil era... he should have stuck with that look exclusively. That venture at least got Dave back to singing in key, with proper melodies and none of that ear-cringing yelp crap...

41. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-23-2018)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Might as well YELP!

43. 3 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (04-23-2018),Terry (04-23-2018),ZahZoo (04-23-2018)

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    11-15-2023 @ 08:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Bon Jovi at the RNR HOF was Terrible! Thanks to those that mentioned it. I googled it and was mortified.

Breasts,

45. 2 users say thank you to Sarge for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (05-07-2018),Terry (05-07-2018)

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Nice to see you around, Doctor!

Maybe they shouldn't have mentioned it, so you wouldn't have been mortified?

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave sings baldly these days.
    Trying to revive this thread a little. Hair ones will often get so delirious.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Couple pages of discussion is pretty good for a 3 song Gala™ gig...

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Couple pages of discussion is pretty good for a 3 song Gala™ gig...
    I agree, Zah. It was mainly for the pun.

Thread Information