Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Alexi Jone$ is being Sued by "Crisis Actor" Sandy Hook Parents

Sandy Hook parents hit Alex Jones with defamation lawsuits
    Sebastian Murdock
    ,HuffPost•April 17, 2018
    Alex Jones may soon learn that maligning the parents of dead children comes with serious consequences.

Alex Jones has spent years claiming the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School ― where a shooter killed 20 small children and six adults ― was faked. He has claimed the parents of these dead children are liars and “crisis actors.”

Now, those parents are coming after him.

In a pair of lawsuits filed late Monday, the parents of two children who died in the December 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, say Jones’ repeated lies and conspiratorial ravings have led to death threats. The suits join at least two other recent cases accusing the Infowars host of defamation.

I lost my son. I buried my son. I held my son with a bullet hole through his head.
    Neil Heslin, father of a 6-year-old boy killed during the Sandy Hook shooting.

Neil Heslin, the father of a 6-year-old boy killed in the shooting, and Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, who lost their own little boy, filed the suits in Austin, Texas, where Jones’ conspiracy-minded media outlet is based. Each suit is seeking more than $1 million in damages from Jones, Infowars and a related company, Free Speech Systems LLC. Infowars reporter Owen Shroyer is also named in one of the suits.

“Even after these folks had to experience this trauma, for the next five years they were tormented by Alex Jones with vicious lies about them,” Mark Bankston, the lawyer handling the cases for the parents, told HuffPost. “And these lies were meant to convince his audience that the Sandy Hook parents are frauds and have perpetrated a sinister lie on the American people.”

Bankston, of the Houston law firm Farrar & Ball, is also involved in another defamation suit against Jones, representing a man whom Infowars incorrectly identified as the Parkland, Florida, school shooter.

Infowars, Jones and Shroyer did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Heslin’s suit focuses on what it calls a “heartless and vile” claim of Shroyer’s: that the father lied in an interview with NBC News’ Megyn Kelly about holding his dead son’s body.

“I lost my son. I buried my son. I held my son with a bullet hole through his head,” Heslin told Kelly in the June 2017 segment profiling Jones.

Neil Heslin testifies during a Senate hearing on assault weapons in February 2013. (Alex Wong via Getty Images)

Days after the segment aired, Shroyer told Infowars viewers that Heslin could not have held his son because victims were identified through photographs, not in person.

“That’s not something you would just misspeak on,” Shroyer said during the June 26, 2017, broadcast, which Jones himself plugged a month later.

But that claim is “manifestly false,” Heslin’s suit says: The children’s bodies were eventually turned over to their parents for their funerals.

In the other suit filed Tuesday, Pozner and De La Rosa ― whose son was the youngest victim in the shooting ― are also targeting Jones for calling them liars.

During an April 2017 broadcast on Infowars, Jones discussed an interview De La Rosa gave to CNN’s Anderson Cooper shortly after the tragedy, and claimed the entire thing was faked.

“So here are these holier than thou people, when we question CNN, who is supposedly at the site of Sandy Hook, and they got in one shot leaves blowing, and the flowers that are around it, and you see the leaves blowing, and they go [gestures]. They glitch,” Jones said, according to a transcript quoted in the lawsuit. “They’re recycling a green-screen behind them.”

Anyone ... who spends 15 minutes talking to one of these parents will understand immediately how vile this lie was.
    Mark Bankston, lawyer for the Sandy Hook parents suing Jones.

This was a lie Jones has been repeating for years.

“Folks, we’ve got video of Anderson Cooper with clear blue-screen out there,” Jones said in 2014. “He’s not there in the town square. We got people clearly coming up and laughing and then doing the fake crying. We’ve clearly got people where it’s actors playing different parts for different people, the building bulldozed, covering up everything.”

It’s been five years since the shooting, the lawsuit says, and “Mr. Jones continues to push this sick lie about Mrs. De La Rosa and her interview.”

Infowars’ practice of disseminating outright lies has led to serious consequences for the families of the Sandy Hook victims, the lawsuit says. In June 2017, Florida woman Lucy Richards, then 57, was sentenced to five months in prison for sending threats to Pozner.

“You gonna die,” Richards told Pozner in one recorded voicemail message. “Death is coming to you real soon.”

As part of her sentence, Richards will no longer be allowed to access Infowars, according to the lawsuit.

As of Tuesday morning, Infowars still had blatantly false stories posted on its website claiming the mass shooting was a hoax.“FBI SAYS NO ONE KILLED AT SANDY HOOK,” screams one headline.

Bankston told HuffPost he has never before seen cases involving the kind of “mental anguish” these parents are experiencing.

“I think as a father, it’s a very surreal experience,” Bankston said. “Anyone, parents or not, who spends 15 minutes talking to one of these parents will understand immediately how vile this lie was, and how genuine their pain is.”

The defamation lawsuits could have devastating consequences for Jones and Infowars, especially because these are not the only ones against him. In March, the man who recorded the deadly car attack at last year’s white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, sued Jones for calling him a “deep state shill” and a “CIA asset” who helped organize the attack ― he’s not, and he didn’t.

And then there’s the lawsuit Bankston filed earlier this month. He’s suing on behalf of the 24-year-old man whom Infowars falsely identified as the gunman who killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February.

For the Sandy Hook parents, they just want the lies to stop. Even when Jones made an assurance he’d stop talking about it, that too was a lie. During a November 2016 broadcast, Jones said that if “children were lost at Sandy Hook, my heart goes out to each and every one of those parents.”

But he didn’t stop there: “The only problem is, I’ve watched a lot of soap operas, and I’ve seen actors before. And I know when I’m watching a movie and when I’m watching something real.”

The broadcast was titled “Alex Jones Final Statement on Sandy Hook.”

Less than a year later, in April 2017, Jones aired another segment. It was titled “Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed.”

Huffpost via YAHOO
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (04-17-2018)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A Sandy Hook "Vampire" will indeed be exposed...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

About time, what a fucking sick way to sell supplements.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    About time, what a fucking sick way to sell supplements.

If this is what those supplements do to you I don't want any! Well Jones can claim insanity and dodge prosecution.

6. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (04-18-2018)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You can see the meeting - ‘So we are going to sell sugar pills and say they make you smarter?’
    ‘You would need to be pretty dumb to pay for that’
    ‘Exactly that’s why you need the pills!’

There is a certain beautiful logic to it. Joe Rogan is doing the same thing but not by saying people who have gone through the worst thing imaginable are liars and frauds.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You can see the meeting - ‘So we are going to sell sugar pills and say they make you smarter?’
    ‘You would need to be pretty dumb to pay for that’
    ‘Exactly that’s why you need the pills!’

There is a certain beautiful logic to it. Joe Rogan is doing the same thing but not by saying people who have gone through the worst thing imaginable are liars and frauds.
    I haven't watched Joe for awhile but he was bitching about shipping kettle bells to customers because they were heavy and the shipping was expensive. Well penis enhancement pills and vitamins are a lot easier to ship and handle.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    I highly doubt this one will stick. Even Hamdi Ulukaya dropped his lawsuit against Jone$ for a public apology. The lawsuit Jone$ is getting nailed for are the ones filed against him are by former employees Ashley Beckford for sexual harassment (and it looks like that one is going to stick), and Rob Jacobson, for "discrimination, harassment, and unfair dismissal."

We shall see.

"The news of the day is that Alex Jones is being sued by two parents of children who were murdered in the tragedy at Sandy Hook. The parents absolutely deserve some kind of recompense for the horrors they have had to endure, but these suits will probably not work out, if only because of the statute of limitations for defamation claims in Texas being 1-2 years depending on circumstances."

https://knowledgefight.com/the-past/.../april-17-2018

So..."go eat a dick," libtards.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I highly doubt this one will stick. Even Hamdi Ulukaya dropped his lawsuit against Jone$ for a public apology. The lawsuit Jone$ is getting nailed for are the ones filed against him are by former employees Ashley Beckford for sexual harassment (and it looks like that one is going to stick), and Rob Jacobson, for "discrimination, harassment, and unfair dismissal."

We shall see.

"The news of the day is that Alex Jones is being sued by two parents of children who were murdered in the tragedy at Sandy Hook. The parents absolutely deserve some kind of recompense for the horrors they have had to endure, but these suits will probably not work out, if only because of the statute of limitations for defamation claims in Texas being 1-2 years depending on circumstances."

https://knowledgefight.com/the-past/.../april-17-2018

So..."go eat a dick," libtards.
    I doubt it but news of the lawsuit is getting lots of coverage and it makes Alex Jones looks like an asshole to the general public. What's funny is Alex sometimes does have some decent guests. I remember Marc Faber the economist was on Infowars and the subject was interesting but Alex kept on interrupting the guest and shouting him down. When Alex would expand a normal problem out to be some crazy conspiracy theory Mr. Faber would laugh and go no no no I didn't mean that.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In addition to the suits mentioned, another man is now suing him for misidentifying him as a school shooter. Plus he's been kicked off Spotify.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-jo...ed-by-spotify/

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Guilianni will be watching this tactic and taking notes for President Goldfinger...

Alex Jones’s Attorneys Argue That No Reasonable Person Would Believe What He Says

n April, the ever-ascending media empire that is Alex Jones’s Infowars was served with its most serious threat. Several lawsuits—including one by the parents of a child killed during the Sandy Hook school massacre in Connecticut, and one by a man inaccurately identified by Infowars as the suspect in the Parkland shooting earlier this year—were filed in Travis County, each alleging defamation by Jones and his company. The possibility that this could derail Jones’s enterprise was real: defamation cases against media companies are hard for plaintiffs to win, but Infowars is no ordinary media company, and the charges reflected practices far outside of traditional journalism.

That’s not an accident. Jones’s brand is built upon the idea that he’s a lone crusader against the mainstream media, telling his audience bold truths about a world that he claims lies to them constantly. For about the first decade and a half of his career, he did so very much as a fringe character in the media landscape, an Austin-based outlaw spouting off conspiracies about black helicopters, vaccines, the CIA, and 9/11. His influence grew after the election of Obama in 2008, as “patriot” groups and militias took hold around the country, and Jones’s theories and aesthetic found a much larger constituency. As it did, his business model shifted, too—from being funded largely by DVD sales and advertising to turning into an outlet for dietary supplements intended to protect users from the sort of health-related conspiracies that Jones railed against on his show.

With that increased influence—he’s one of President Trump’s key media defenders, and Trump, during the 2016 presidential campaign, appeared on Infowars to gush to the host about his “amazing” reputation—Jones has faced increased scrutiny. Last year, during a bitter custody trial with his ex-wife, Jones’s attorneys had to walk a tightrope in the courtroom between acknowledging that part of his persona is, in fact, an act he plays up for the cameras—lest the jury find him an unfit father—and maintaining for the sake of his audience that he actually does believe every word he says.

Now, he’s once more facing a legal challenge—and his attorneys are once more tasked with arguing that Jones doesn’t really mean what he says on his broadcasts, while also doing their best to maintain his credibility.

The two suits against Jones will have their initial hearings this week at the Travis County Courthouse. The first, brought against him by Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, parents of a six-year-old named Noah who was killed at Sandy Hook in 2012, is based on statements Jones made during a video that lives on YouTube as “Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed.” In that video, Jones—who has a history of denying the Sandy Hook shooting, having previously (and outside the statute of limitations for the defamation suit) argued that the massacre might have been a “false flag” by a government seeking to restrict gun rights—once more challenges the idea of the Pozner family as victims.

Infowars, in the second suit, is represented by Eric Taube and Kevin Brown. In their motion to dismiss the suit, they explain that “Daniels accurately reported what the 4Chan original poster—and other social media outlets—had reported: that the Challenged Image was that of the Parkland shooter.” The “other social media outlets” included in the defendant’s exhibits are limited to a single tweet from a now-suspended “Antifa” parody account. They also argue that the site never named Fontaine, limiting their liability in the case.

More at
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/politic...-believe-says/

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ha ha! Maybe his penis pills will cause him a nice cardiac arrest? I doubt he takes any of that shit, though...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Ha ha! Maybe his penis pills will cause him a nice cardiac arrest? I doubt he takes any of that shit, though...
    Of course he takes his own supplements! Just look at these "amazing" results.....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Of course he takes his own supplements! Just look at these "amazing" results.....

Photochop is a supplement?

20. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-11-2018)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alex Jones Warns Fans Quitting His Supplements Cold Turkey Can Lead To Homosexuality.

...and Judaism!!

AUSTIN, TX (The Onion)—Cautioning against the devastating effects of abandoning the daily regimen of essential vitamins and minerals, radio host Alex Jones warned his fans Tuesday that quitting his supplements cold turkey could lead to homosexuality and Judaism. “Folks, if you miss even one day of your Anthroplex or Survival Shield X-2, you’re immediately going to start feeling Jewish, gay, or worse,” said the beleaguered InfoWars founder and staunch male virility advocate, emphasizing to his loyal followers that if their bodies were deprived of certain vital testosterone-enhancing products, dangerous symptoms of Deep State–adjacent illnesses could manifest just 72 hours after one’s last dosage. “Remember, your body requires these supplements in order to function properly. Without them, it will begin to completely shut down—the globalist levels in your bloodstream will shoot up, your tolerance for other people will skyrocket, and soon you’ll be attending a trans visibility march with a college-educated platonic female friend before lighting a menorah to kick off a gay orgy at Barack Obama’s house.” Jones added that anyone who did not take the supplements regularly would be better off with the mercy of a quick death by drinking an 8-ounce glass of fluoridated water.

22. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-07-2018)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can anyone explain to me how Conservatives in the US manage to juggle being pro Israeli government and antisemitic at the same time? I'm the opposite and even that sometimes causes confusion sometimes but I really don't see how it works the other way around.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can anyone explain to me how Conservatives in the US manage to juggle being pro Israeli government and antisemitic at the same time? I'm the opposite and even that sometimes causes confusion sometimes but I really don't see how it works the other way around.
    Basically it comes down to religious FundaMENTALism. Israel has to exist in order for JC to come back. John Fat Bastard Hagee goes even further, saying that Israel must expand to the "Nile to the Euphrates" borders that God mentioned to Abraham way back in the book of Genesis. The Jews are just a means to an end in that scenario, as long as 144,000 of them are still around to accept Jesus during the Tribulation.

For the not so religiously inclined... they probably just like the fact that Israel (under the current UN mandated model) gives them a convenient base in the Middle East to plot all their assaults on the countires who have oil.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Basically it comes down to religious FundaMENTALism. Israel has to exist in order for JC to come back. John Fat Bastard Hagee goes even further, saying that Israel must expand to the "Nile to the Euphrates" borders that God mentioned to Abraham way back in the book of Genesis. The Jews are just a means to an end in that scenario, as long as 144,000 of them are still around to accept Jesus during the Tribulation.

For the not so religiously inclined... they probably just like the fact that Israel (under the current UN mandated model) gives them a convenient base in the Middle East to plot all their assaults on the countires who have oil.
    Israel cannot survive without the US financially backing it. So the pro Israel Jews created AIPAC. Every US politician has to kiss the ass of AIPAC if they want to get elected. They also use sophisticated social strategies by befriending members of the American clergy and getting them to support Israel. Reverend Hagee kisses Israel's ass because they make him feel important and treat him well. Maybe he's getting laid and getting some money transferred to an offshore account. Who knows but the bottom line is Israel will do what it has to do to exist.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They like the Jews as long as they're over there waiting for the rapture...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    While some of the various social media outlets claim this is because Jones repeatedly violated their terms of service, it seems more like once the first one censored him the rest followed suit in a domino effect.

Am not too sure how I feel about this. I personally have no use for the man and what he does, but this feels more like censorship, and banning Jones will just make a martyr out of him to his fans: those who take Jones seriously won't rethink their insanity just because Jones has been banned from Facebook, because that bizarre mentality will just find lunacy elsewhere to propagate.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

Am not too sure how I feel about this. I personally have no use for the man and what he does, but this feels more like censorship, and banning Jones will just make a martyr out of him to his fans: those who take Jones seriously won't rethink their insanity just because Jones has been banned from Facebook, because that bizarre mentality will just find lunacy elsewhere to propagate.
    Me too, I'm not comfortable at all with a few billionaires having so much power. The free speech thing too becomes really difficult this site had been through that to the point of almost destruction.

Also it's worth pointing out that Trump remains one of the biggest spenders of advertising in the US as do many other people in power. If as is happening elsewhere in the world a government pays FB for lots of advertising propaganda in say Burmese inciting people to murder opposition to the government is FB going to fix that? We are reliant on Zuckerberg to refuse money from nefarious advertisers no matter how rich, spend cash on employing staff of every nationality to police this shit and be some sort of super benign mod of the world?

Speaking as someone that tried to do it for just a few thousand users with no financial motivation it's not easy.

Also worth remembering that our new god of morality is at best a creep. I'm lovely but still made a mess of it.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Jone$ wasn't banned from Facecrook, not entirely, only his own personal account was.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ironically, Alex also violated the TOS on his own fucking website....

You will not post anything libelous, defamatory, harmful, threatening, harassing, abusive, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, or otherwise illegal.
    You will not make threats to other users or people not associated with the site.
    If you violate these rules, your posts and/or user name will be deleted.

Remember: you are a guest here. It is not censorship if you violate the rules and your post is deleted. All civilizations have rules and if you violate them you can expect to be ostracized from the tribe.

https://www.infowars.com/terms-of-service/

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Have mixed feelings about it myself. I support independent media. Prefer the progressive kind myself, but I'm OK with right wing indy media statng their case. In the case of Alex Jones, it's often good for a laugh if nothing else.

On the other hand, his slanderous bullshit often caused real world problems, often at the hands of his deranged followers. Alex should have some sort of consequences for that. Unlike Bill O'Reilly and his "Tiller the Baby Killer" rants, I don't know if Alex's fans have actually killed anybody. They have made numerous death threats though....against everyone from the Sandy Hook families to (most recently) the suits at YouTube, Farcebook, etc. for their latest actions against Jones. Fuck knows how many frogs his followers might have killed, worried that they might be gay.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    On a recent episode of the Knowledge Fight podcast (plug) they talked about Jone$ being banned and how it will really not amount to much unless Jone$ ends up being a figurehead for some uber-right wing site like like GAB or 8Chan. They also talked about how close this stupid F A T is to going to prison.

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/kn...t-july-27-2018
    Last edited by Kristy; 08-08-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I get what both Sesh and Ford are saying.

It may well be true that some of the things Jones says incite some of those who listen to him to say or do despicable (if not necessarily murderous) things themselves.

At the end of the day, people living in democracies - even the feeble minded - have free will. They have the freedom to be influenced, and the freedom not to do their due diligence, and the freedom to act with a minimal degree of thought as to the consequences. Which isn't to say therefore we live in a consequence-free environment, but you get my point.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

At the end of the day, people living in democracies - even the feeble minded - have free will. They have the freedom to be influenced, and the freedom not to do their due diligence, and the freedom to act with a minimal degree of thought as to the consequences. Which isn't to say therefore we live in a consequence-free environment, but you get my point.
    That was pretty fucking retarded. When F A T fucks like Jone$ push a propaganda of violence towards others based in nothing more than racism and bigotry then it is no longer "free speech" but hate speech whose intent is to harm others. This is why his (4Chan) rhetoric was pulled. A "free environment" is not to be polluted with the filth Jone$' spews. His F A T ass (and those stupid enough to follow him) have no care for consequences; this is about control and power based in lies.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    That was pretty fucking retarded. When F A T fucks like Jone$ push a propaganda of violence towards others based in nothing more than racism and bigotry then it is no longer "free speech" but hate speech whose intent is to harm others. This is why his (4Chan) rhetoric was pulled. A "free environment" is not to be polluted with the filth Jone$' spews. His F A T ass (and those stupid enough to follow him) have no care for consequences; this is about control and power based in lies.
    All banning Alex Jones did was help promote the guy even more. Hillary made a huge mistake by verbally attacking Alex Jones during the campaign. She legitimized the guy because she saw him big enough to be a threat worth attacking. If you really want to take someone down in the world of public opinion, you ignore them. You don't give them the time of day. Facebook, Google, Apple and all the others just gave Infowars more promotion and Facebook is on the way out. Apple and Google now look like censorship bullies and now the public is talking about corporations being a threat to free speech. Hate speech is a slippery slope. The American people in the past realized free speech also meant protecting speech you didn't like and even stuff that was offensive. They realized putting up with it was better than losing free speech all together. Who cares about Alex Jones and Infowars. Never heard the guy say anything racist. He has some out there conspiracies but then you hear the same sort of stuff on Coast to Coast AM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    All banning Alex Jones did was help promote the guy even more. Hillary made a huge mistake by verbally attacking Alex Jones during the campaign. She legitimized the guy because she saw him big enough to be a threat worth attacking. If you really want to take someone down in the world of public opinion, you ignore them. You don't give them the time of day. Facebook, Google, Apple and all the others just gave Infowars more promotion and Facebook is on the way out. Apple and Google now look like censorship bullies and now the public is talking about corporations being a threat to free speech. Hate speech is a slippery slope. The American people in the past realized free speech also meant protecting speech you didn't like and even stuff that was offensive. They realized putting up with it was better than losing free speech all together. Who cares about Alex Jones and Infowars. Never heard the guy say anything racist. He has some out there conspiracies but then you hear the same sort of stuff on Coast to Coast AM.
    The thing about it is...Alex Jones is easily ignorable.

He wasn't on some state-sponsored or state-run media platform, and as citizens it isn't compulsory that we listen to what he has to say.

As to him pushing the Sandy Hook Truther hoax, and PizzaGate and whatever other easily disprovable conspiracies he has propagated...to be sure, Jones shouldn't be singling out Sandy Hook parents for harassment. There should be consequences for Jones saying those types of things that amount to singling out individuals for harassment and advocating his listeners to do something about it. However, I think Jones has a right to say those things. He shouldn't have the expectation of saying those things consequence-free. The old adage of falsely yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater, etc. Listeners of Alex Jones have their own choices to make when they hear what he says. It's not as if Jones is some master hypnotist who can delude otherwise sane people to go physically harass Sandy Hook parents, or mesmerize some guy to shoot up a pizza parlor if the guy wasn't already imbalanced.

There are a lot of assholes out there. Assholes who say whatever pop into their heads, and assholes who believe whatever they are told (be it by Fox News, or whoever) without doing their own research. And assholishness isn't the sole province of right wingers, either. And this assholishness didn't start with Alex Jones. Or Donald Trump.

Beyond all of this, though, these social media platforms are private companies. As such, they all retain the right to remove speech or images as they see fit, subject to their terms of service. That these companies are using public utilities to convey their services makes some of the debate not as clear as it otherwise might be in terms of ethics vs. legality. As an individual, you have access to these platforms like everybody else as long as you don't violate the terms of service. Jones did, was told he did more than once, kept doing it anyway, and was either yanked or downsized. Now, Jones gets to play the martyr to his deluded listeners (and I'll flat-out state that anybody who could listen to five consecutive minutes of Jones and consistently agree with the rambling, at best semi-coherent, screamed ranting of the man is probably mentally susceptible to believing just about anything anybody says...which is willful delusion by definition).

Again, I have no use for the guy, but the best way to deal with him is marginalization via ignoring him. Don't feed the trolls. In the case of the Sandy Hook parents, they're suing him. There is a legal process available. I'm not minimizing the anguish Jones has helped cause by his rhetoric, and hopefully he will have to pay some sort of legal price for it. But, he should still have the freedom to communicate that rhetoric. And people should still have the freedom to listen to it and make up their own minds about what it means to them.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Jone$ the Putin puppet just like slave FORD's creepy college professor guy

"National security experts have asserted that RT is a propaganda arm of the Russian government. A report by the U.S. Office of the Director of National Intelligence argued that RT played an influential role in the 2016 presidential election, sowing distrust in Hillary Clinton while portraying Donald Trump as a martyr. Ones' reliance on RT to provide his audience with content while perhaps surprising, is hard to view as shocking. The conspiracy theorist was an early supporter of Trump and often makes claims that frame the U.S. government as a force for evil."

Story here, artards:

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/09/inf...#1510369047512

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There's a difference between political speech and slander.

If you want to say "Barack Obama is a Kenyan Muslim member of the Illuminati whose wife is a man and who was out to enslave the entire population on behalf of his gay frog alien overlords" then it's ridiculous as all Hell, but it should be protected as free speech, because there's very little chance of it causing any harm to anybody.

But when you say that 6 year old children whose bodies were literally cut in half by the gunfire of a brain dead mutant (armed by his deranged meth head mother) were "crisis actors" and that their parents are also "actors" and as a result, your deranged audience threatens the lives of those parents.... or when you claim some pizza place in Washington DC is the headquarters of Hillary Clinton's secret pedophile sex dungeon, and then some deranged InfoWhores fan shows up with an AR-15 to shoot the place up - only to find out that there not only isn't a pedo cult in the basement....THERE'S NOT EVEN A FUCKING BASEMENT..... well now we are talking real damage done to people. And a legitimate threat to human lives caused by Alex Jones's slander.

I don't believe he should be entirely silenced, but he definitely needs to be held accountable when he crosses the line into libel & slander. And if acts of terrorism and violence are committed in the name of his libel & slander, then he should be charged with that as well. But as long as he's just peddling weird political speech to sell his vitamin products, who gives a shit. As I've said before, it's often good comedy... and that's why I have to consider the theory that he's really Bill Hicks as a semi-serious possibility. But if that's the case, I suspect Bill is going to be looking for a new character soon. So look for "Alex" to die mysteriously.... probably in a bizzare Illuminutty NWO gay frog assassination plot

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What you are going to see happen is there will be more platforms. It just won't be YouTube anymore. YouTube used to be the platform for everyone. It will be good. We need more diversity on the internet. Facebook, Apple, and Google became the big brandnames and started getting full of themselves. They need more competition. I'm for anyone having free speech as long as it's not kiddie porn or snuff films. Go ahead and offend all you want. I can choose to watch you or not. I would rather make that choice myself than have someone else do it for me. Big brother can go fuck himself. Hey I don't like the Westboro Baptist Church and what they do. I think making their kind of ruckus at soldier funerals is disgusting but I will fight for their right to do it. It beats being scared to death to say something wrong and be dragged off to some gulag. I would rather have some assholes protest my nephew's funeral if he gets killed serving his country.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-17-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It comes back to who has a monopoly on wisdom and therefore has the ability to censor information/words/ideas, thus denying us the right/ability to judge these things for ourselves. The freedom to access information is part of what defines a democracy. We've already "allowed" so many restrictions on where we go and what we do in terms of some activities being acceptable or lawful and others not: are we now going to allow others to determine what we think?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It comes back to who has a monopoly on wisdom and therefore has the ability to censor information/words/ideas, thus denying us the right/ability to judge these things for ourselves. The freedom to access information is part of what defines a democracy. We've already "allowed" so many restrictions on where we go and what we do in terms of some activities being acceptable or lawful and others not: are we now going to allow others to determine what we think?
    Our institutions are also proving themselves to be untrustworthy. A good example is the accounting firm Aurthur Andersen. They had this so called stellar reputation and they got caught falsifying audits. Well they are still operating under a changed name. It used to be investment firms would say, oh your mutual fund is not insured like a bank account but if you lose your money it's the end of us because our reputation will be ruined. Yeah right. They fail and the politicians bail the failed firm out and they just change their name and go on. So the big question here is who do you trust? I think this is the major question. Nobody trust anyone anymore. Our institutions are failing. Then of course the public can't agree on who is trustworthy or not and they get in these huge fights over everything. It's really quite dysfunctional.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Our institutions are also proving themselves to be untrustworthy. A good example is the accounting firm Aurthur Andersen. They had this so called stellar reputation and they got caught falsifying audits. Well they are still operating under a changed name. It used to be investment firms would say, oh your mutual fund is not insured like a bank account but if you lose your money it's the end of us because our reputation will be ruined. Yeah right. They fail and the politicians bail the failed firm out and they just change their name and go on. So the big question here is who do you trust? I think this is the major question. Nobody trust anyone anymore. Our institutions are failing. Then of course the public can't agree on who is trustworthy or not and they get in these huge fights over everything. It's really quite dysfunctional.
    Or the Big Three credit rating agencies knowingly giving A, AA and AAA ratings to all those bundled tranches of shit mortgages in the years leading up to the bubble popping a decade ago. Essentially taking money to provide their then still credible stamp of approval on these financial products, and after the bubble burst their literal excuse was that "we just provide ratings, and the ratings we provide shouldn't be taken as gospel by anybody, because we make that disclosure" rather than admit what they did, and admit that the reason they were able to do what they did was because they HAD such a stellar reputation because the common perception was they didn't allow their rating standards to be compromised by payoffs from the financial institutions they were supposed to be dispassionately rating.

To be sure, these various failed institutions are comprised of people. When the institutions fail or go under, plenty of the employees go find work at other firms within the industry that didn't fail or go under. Because to that mindset, it isn't a crime to misrepresent, or lie when overreaching out of greed. It isn't even particularly a crime to get caught, as evidenced by the large settlements virtually all of those firms made (while publicly admitting no wrongdoing, of course) when caught breaking the law again and again.

Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Our institutions are also proving themselves to be untrustworthy. A good example is the accounting firm Aurthur Andersen.
    There are basically only 4 accountancy firms auditing all the big businesses. If that wasn't bad enough the same 4 companies also do billions of dollars of consultancy work for the same companies so the conflict of interest is spectacular.

I'm in no way a conspiracy theorist but of course all these big businesses include all the media companies so you aren't going to hear much about this huge issue any time soon...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    There are basically only 4 accountancy firms auditing all the big businesses. If that wasn't bad enough the same 4 companies also do billions of dollars of consultancy work for the same companies so the conflict of interest is spectacular.

I'm in no way a conspiracy theorist but of course all these big businesses include all the media companies so you aren't going to hear much about this huge issue any time soon...
    You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see the connections with what you're referencing, because the conflicts of interest are right out in the open and the patterns of these accountancy firms/ratings agencies soft-pedalling in exchange for fees has been brought to light again and again, along with the relative lack of interest by major media outlets (who only reported on these transgressions because the consequences became potentially calamitous to the point where they couldn't be ignored: once the crisis "passed" the tv media went back to doing what it does best, which is surface fluff).

Thread Information