ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Another fucking lightweight rock star quits

When did an 8 ball a week count as anything other than light recreational use never mind having to go to rehab???

A crippling $80 a week addiction? Bands today wouldn't manage a weekend in the 1980s...

I guess the five finger thing refers to how much whisky they drink between them a month!

Some guy in lipstick and wearing spandex would have drunk and snorted this guy under the table in an hour.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fiv...ocaine-a-week/

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH Bassist: 'I Was Going Through About An Eight-Ball Of Cocaine A Week'

IVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH bassist Chris Kael celebrated his 76th day of sobriety on Saturday, April 21, telling KLAQ's Lisa Sanchez that he hasn't had a drink or done drugs in almost three months.

"I was going through about an eight-ball of cocaine a week," Kael admitted at this past weekend's Las Rageous festival in Las Vegas, Nevada. "That got to be the biggest problem for me. That and depression, the two things, were not good. I didn't realize it until I got into rehab that I was self-medicating with cocaine to get my dopamine levels up to fight the depression. I never even thought about that. And then when you come off it, you crash hard."

Saying that he is "one line away from falling off the wagon," Chris admitted that "every day is a struggle to get things through," but he confirmed that "it's much better now" than it was earlier in his sobriety.

According to the bassist, the hardest thing for him to adjust to was being at home after spending so much time on tour with FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH. "The downtime was real rough for me, because, hell, I'd been off since December of last year; we got off the road in December," he said. "So normally, I was bartending, I had an everyday job, something to do, going to the gym, this and this. And when I got home from this [last tour], I was, like, 'What do I do? Do I wanna try to figure out something to do? Or do I wanna spend eight hours doing blow and watching Netflix? I'm gonna do blow and watch Netflix. I don't wanna figure out what to do.' So I really got into that thing. And it just got to a point where I felt like the real me was getting eaten up by the character that I portrayed on stage — the 'He-Man,' fucking… that guy."

Kael is not the first member of FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH to publicly discuss his struggle with addiction. Drummer Jeremy Spencer got clean and sober more than six years ago after a particularly bad episode of drug and alcohol abuse, saying that he didn't want to let his parents down after achieving the kind of success he dreamed of as a kid. Ivan Moody's own substance abuse has caused him to miss a couple of the band's tours, with the singer later apologizing to fans and revealing that he had been in a treatment facility "addressing the addiction issues that have interfered with everything in my life."

Chris said that he had feelings of guilt over the way Moody was publicly battling his addiction while he was silently dealing with issues of his own. "Ivan was going through his thing, and me, no one really knew, I was the quiet one that was kind of doing things on the side," Kael said. "That was one of the things that was eating away at me too — my guy had a huge problem, and here I am, a quiet problem. It hit me hard when I got off the road last time. Going home was always hard anyway, 'cause you've got so much stimulation out on the road, and then you come home and you're, like, 'Wait a minute? I've gotta take out the trash? That's the biggest part of my job now?'"

Kael first revealed his battle with addiction in a series of tweets, saying that his wife played a "major role" in helping him get clean. "Had she not busted me trying to restock after burning through $1300 in blow in two days in late January, I truly believe that I would not be here today," he wrote. "She has silently and bravely dealt with far more than what would have crushed any other woman. Her loyalty, patience, TRUE love and resolve are unmatched by any other woman I've ever known."

Kael also said: "Throwing my hands to the universe and admitting I was at a fucking low and no longer able to do it myself was one of the most humbling and powerful things I've ever done in my life."

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH will release its seventh full-length studio album, "And Justice For None", on May 18.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    In my day (roughly a quarter century ago) an 8-ball was a fun night for two or three of us while out clubbing/drinking.

A guy regularly using an 8-ball a day strictly for his own personal consumption...yeah, THAT would certainly qualify as something of a problem.

Have never been fond of these more modern faux posers who have these low volume "addictions" then go to a shine and buff rehab then go on to publicly disclose all of it in some lame attempt to get rock star street cred...particularly when their music sucks regardless of their sobriety.

Yes, so "humbling and powerful"...goddamn pansy.

Who gives half a shit about the goddamn bass player from 5 Finger Dick Rub, anyway? Much less his "drug problem".
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (04-28-2018)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The most pathetic of all time is maybe Gerard Butler who claims to be a recovering alcoholic because he had a few hangovers drinking on and off for literally a total of 8 weeks when he got his first job as an lawyer 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-28-2018 at 10:45 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And for that matter The Darkness singer who ended up in rehab about 18 months into their career. It's just pathetic. Thing is I'm actually having a go here at my generation these guys like the limp wristed reach around bass player are well into their 40s and should either grow a pair, grow up or keep quiet. These people are literally paid to rock n roll and provide relief to the 99% of people who have to live sensible lives. If you don't like it go get a job in a cubicle the world is not short of people who could play bass in a heavy metal band.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-28-2018 at 10:44 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Unless you throw up blood on a consistent basis or flatline from an overdose and come back from it, you aren't even a real rock star with addiction problems.

7. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-29-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Probably the last real rock and roll band was Guns and Roses. They got their Kieth Richards merit badges.

9. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-29-2018)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    The most pathetic of all time is maybe Gerard Butler who claims to be a recovering alcoholic because he had a few hangovers drinking on and off for literally a total of 8 weeks when he got his first job as an lawyer 20 years ago.
    I mean, Keith Moon had a drinking problem. John Bonham had a drinking problem. Richard Burton had a drinking problem. William Holden had a drinking problem.

Gerard Butler was on a brief drinking binge years ago. World of difference.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's just lame that these modern day rock stars and actors have to trot out these low grade brief binge stories in a lame attempt to provide some depth to their personas. It comes across as false.

Thread Information