X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Michelle Wolf - White House Correspondents Dinner 2018

Both the Trumpsuckers and the Hillbots are whining about this, so judge for yourselves......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I think her routine would be fine in a comedy club but she went over the top for a correspondents diner in Washington DC. It probably won't hurt her career any. Maybe it will help because she will be popular with a certain segment on the left. She played the Sarah Silverman card. She got raunchy. Maybe not really professional for the setting but she's defined herself as a raunchy court jester and she should be able to hustle some dollars doing that. There is money to be made off the current hate Trump fad and she will make some of that.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If I had to listen to that voice every day I'd kill myself.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        If I had to listen to that voice every day I'd kill myself.
        No Kidding. Sounds like she worked on Wall Street for awhile. What most people don't realize is the average salary for a person who works on Wall Street is $200,000 a year. That's great if you live in Little Rock, Arkansas but when you have to live in New York City that isn't much. That doesn't buy much of a lifestyle. Sounds like she quit that after having her firm go under and working for a few other outfits and stumbled into comedy. Really she's not bad and that voice is perfect for a comedian but if you had to listen to that in the next cubicle you probably would be tempted to slit your wrist with a letter opener or bash her head in with a stapler. Haha!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Apparently that moose, Sarah Huckabee, is such a precious national treasure that no jokes are to be made about her. Of course the punchlines are often unintentionally provided by her...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The feigned outrage about Huckster Jr. is just the cover story that the corporate whore media is putting out. What they are REALLY pissed off about is the fact that Wolf called them - the corporate media whores themselves - out on their complicity on getting Cheeto in office in the first place, and profiting from him being there, no matter how much damage it does to the rest of the country.

The corporate media wants you to forget what CBS's Les Moonves said about Cheeto during the 2016 campaign.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I think her routine would be fine in a comedy club but she went over the top for a correspondents diner in Washington DC. It probably won't hurt her career any. Maybe it will help because she will be popular with a certain segment on the left. She played the Sarah Silverman card. She got raunchy. Maybe not really professional for the setting but she's defined herself as a raunchy court jester and she should be able to hustle some dollars doing that. There is money to be made off the current hate Trump fad and she will make some of that.
              I'd have to agree, in that while I'm not a prude, she could have gotten across most of (if not quite all) the points/jokes she wanted to make without the raunch. It's tougher to be funny without being blue.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Apparently that moose, Sarah Huckabee, is such a precious national treasure that no jokes are to be made about her. Of course the punchlines are often unintentionally provided by her...
                I thought the physical remark about her eye was a bit off-base, but I had no problems with the other remarks that concerned Mz. Sanders' continual lying on behalf of the President: Trump lies, and Sanders echoes the lies.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's always a weird cringey gig.

The best one ever was Colbert but even that was a bit difficult to watch.

I think she went after Trump not having money because she knew it was the thing he hates most.

Trump made one rule for his Comedy Central roast which was the comedians could say anything about him or his family apart from saying he wasn't rich.

On the backlash about this in the media.

1) I've never seen one where the comedian universally went down well with everyone, it's not that kind of gig. She went down as well in the room as they usually do. On YouTube this video has 2 to 3 times more likes than dislikes. Even with that voice.

2) I think there is some sexism going on here. I didn't think she was much if at all ruder than usual.

3) People uncomfortable with the president being ridiculed to this level have to remember who the president is - a reality TV star who was on a TV comedy roast just a few years ago.

4) Trump is a coward not turning up.

5) FORD makes a great point about the media making money from Trump and she did too calling them out. They created him.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      I'd have to agree, in that while I'm not a prude, she could have gotten across most of (if not quite all) the points/jokes she wanted to make without the raunch. It's tougher to be funny without being blue.
                      Theres a time and place and when you are at something like the White House Correspondence Dinner you don't go past Don Rickles level. Sarah Silverman level is too far for that setting. Save it for Vegas.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's always a weird cringey gig.

The best one ever was Colbert but even that was a bit difficult to watch.

I think she went after Trump not having money because she knew it was the thing he hates most.

Trump made one rule for his Comedy Central roast which was the comedians could say anything about him or his family apart from saying he wasn't rich.

On the backlash about this in the media.

1) I've never seen one where the comedian universally went down well with everyone, it's not that kind of gig. She went down as well in the room as they usually do. On YouTube this video has 2 to 3 times more likes than dislikes. Even with that voice.

2) I think there is some sexism going on here. I didn't think she was much if at all ruder than usual.

3) People uncomfortable with the president being ridiculed to this level have to remember who the president is - a reality TV star who was on a TV comedy roast just a few years ago.

5) FORD makes a great point about the media making money from Trump and she did too calling them out. They created him.
                        Maybe the whole correspondent's dinner is outdated for the times. It was great when the Republican vs Democrat thing was a rivalry. Right now the left and the right HATE each other. It's beyond rivalry and fun little jabs.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Sarah Huckabee Sanders sounds like she would tie you up and fuck you to the back of your teeth with a big strap on dildo if you misbehave during one of her White House press conferences.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            The feigned outrage about Huckster Jr. is just the cover story that the corporate whore media is putting out. What they are REALLY pissed off about is the fact that Wolf called them - the corporate media whores themselves - out on their complicity on getting Cheeto in office in the first place, and profiting from him being there, no matter how much damage it does to the rest of the country.

The corporate media wants you to forget what CBS's Les Moonves said about Cheeto during the 2016 campaign.....

The one thing I'll remember about that election night...somewhere between 9 and 10 pm, NBC calls three or four states for Trump, and while the graphic is up there is an audible sigh. Might have been Chuck Todd.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Some people can't take a joke. I don't think it's a big deal that he doesn't show up.
                              Last edited by twonabomber; 05-01-2018, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Working...