Thread: Cheeto loses another lawyer... and replaces him with Clinton's IMPEACHMENT LAWYER

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Cheeto loses another lawyer... and replaces him with Clinton's IMPEACHMENT LAWYER

Trump to Add Clinton Impeachment Lawyer Emmet Flood to Replace Ty Cobb

Matt Apuzzo and Michael S. Schmidt
    The Failing New York Times
    5-2-18

WASHINGTON — President Trump plans to hire Emmet T. Flood, the veteran Washington lawyer who represented Bill Clinton during his impeachment, to replace Ty Cobb, the White House lawyer who has taken the lead in dealing with the special counsel investigation, who is retiring, according to two people briefed on the matter.

In a phone interview, Mr. Cobb said he informed the president weeks ago that he wanted to retire. He said he planned to stay at the White House, likely through the end of the month, to help Mr. Flood transition into the new job.

“It has been an honor to serve the country in this capacity at the White House,” he said. “I wish everybody well moving forward.”

Mr. Flood is expected to take a more adversarial approach to the investigation than Mr. Cobb, who had pushed Mr. Trump to strike a cooperative tone. Mr. Flood initially spoke with the White House last summer about working for the president, but the talks ultimately fell apart because Mr. Flood did not want to deal with Mr. Trump’s longtime New York lawyer, Marc E. Kasowitz, who was overseeing the president’s dealings with the special counsel at the time.

Mr. Flood’s hiring has not been made final, the people cautioned, noting Mr. Trump’s practice of reneging on personnel decisions after they are reported in the press.

It was not clear what prompted Mr. Flood to sign on. The president’s legal team for the special counsel investigation has been marked by turnover and uncertain strategy, complicated by a client liable to dismiss his lawyers’ advice. That factor prompted Mr. Trump’s lead lawyer on the case, John Dowd, to quit this year. Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former mayor of New York who is a longtime confidant of the president, has come on board pledging to negotiate an interview for the president with the special counsel.

Emerging as part of those negotiations, a set of questions from the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, shows that he wanted to quiz Mr. Trump on an exhaustive array of subjects, including his contacts with Russia as well as his mind-set leading up to and during a number of acts that could construe an attempt to obstruct the inquiry itself.

Mr. Flood was part of a team of lawyers who represented Mr. Clinton during his impeachment proceedings. Though he did not have a high-profile role, Mr. Flood did attend the Senate’s deposition of Mr. Clinton’s lawyer and confidant, Vernon E. Jordan Jr.

He was also the lead lawyer in the White House Counsel’s Office during George W. Bush’s second term in dealing with congressional investigations, including the examination of the Bush administration’s decision to dismiss seven United States attorneys. In private practice, Mr. Flood represented former Vice President Dick Cheney.

Mr. Cobb arrived at the White House last summer as some of Mr. Trump’s friends and advisers encouraged the president to fire Mr. Mueller. Mr. Cobb feared that the special counsel was on the verge of issuing subpoenas demanding documents and testimony from White House aides, a move that could have locked the administration in a contentious court fight it was certain to lose. Instead, he repeatedly declared the White House to be in “full cooperation mode.”

He said publicly that the White House had no interest in firing Mr. Mueller, and told friends privately that he would not remain in the administration if Mr. Trump moved to fire the special counsel.

“There is not and will not be any consideration of terminating the special counsel, Bob Mueller,” Mr. Cobb said in an interview in October. “I think the path that he chose of trying to minimize conflict and maximize cooperation is one that benefits the country.”

Mr. Cobb’s hiring appeared to have a soothing effect on the president last year. He repeatedly assured Mr. Trump and the public that the Mueller investigation would end quickly — first by Thanksgiving, then by the start of the new year. Whether that was wishful thinking or an effort to calm an irascible president, Mr. Cobb’s prediction proved incorrect.

Behind the scenes, as Mr. Cobb rushed to turn over records to Mr. Mueller, his relationship soured with the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, who thought Mr. Cobb should have more thoroughly reviewed documents and been willing to assert executive privilege. Mr. Cobb in turn thought that Mr. McGahn’s early response to the investigation had been too slow, bringing the White House to the verge of a subpoena.

Mr. Cobb, a longtime white-collar defense lawyer, was not a supporter of the Trump campaign and never viewed himself as part of that team. He has donated money to both Republicans and Democrats and supported Jeb Bush for president in the 2016 election.

He joked that he had “rocks in his head” as he took the job, and told friends that he expected to stay at the White House only as long as it took to turn over all the information to Mr. Mueller and arrange staff interviews with prosecutors. That job is nearly complete, with only Mr. Trump’s interview with prosecutors still being negotiated.

As for Mr. Flood, he has already had a whiff of the drama that follows Mr. Trump. Following a New York Times report in March that Mr. Trump was in discussions to hire Mr. Flood, the president attacked the article and one of the reporters who wrote it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now it appears that Cheeto's old pal Rudy 9u11ani opened his big mouth on FAUX and admitted something he probably shouldn't have.....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries

Trump fish stories.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (05-03-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Let's throw em all in jail. Comey, Hillary, Mueller, Trump, Guiliani and everyone else. They all are crooks.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post

Trump fish stories.
    Wow is this real? Have Fox stopped being Trump Pravda?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't think Neil Cavuto ever liked Trump. I think Trump publicly slagged Cavuto and Cavuto never forgave him for it.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Let's throw em all in jail. Comey, Hillary, Mueller, Trump, Guiliani and everyone else. They all are crooks.
    It's all relative. This bugs me about the world today the false equivalency, whataboutery thing.

It's the same with the #MeToo thing you have people saying that multiple rapist Bill Cosby is the exact same thing as some actor who annoyed his ex girlfriend once. It's silly stupid unjust nonsense. Why not just give people 30 years for a parking offence?

What's Mueller done wrong apart from being a seemingly honest Republican?

Trying to convert Comey as a lying Deep State Democrat is a tough ask given he handed the election to Trump.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think Neil Cavuto ever liked Trump. I think Trump publicly slagged Cavuto and Cavuto never forgave him for it.
    I have no idea who he is but I'm surprised given how low Fox has sunk.

That said Russian TV (RT) also allow a couple of critical voices a few hours a week to help legitimize the rest of their propaganda.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

That said Russian TV (RT) also allow a couple of critical voices a few hours a week to help legitimize the rest of their propaganda.
    Neil Cavuto was a financial reporter over at CNBC as was Mariah Bartiromo. Both came over to Fox. I like em both and because they started in business news I think they tend to tell it as it is more than falling into the partisan cheerleading game.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's all relative. This bugs me about the world today the false equivalency, whataboutery thing.

It's the same with the #MeToo thing you have people saying that multiple rapist Bill Cosby is the exact same thing as some actor who annoyed his ex girlfriend once. It's silly stupid unjust nonsense. Why not just give people 30 years for a parking offence?

What's Mueller done wrong apart from being a seemingly honest Republican?

Trying to convert Comey as a lying Deep State Democrat is a tough ask given he handed the election to Trump.
    It's who's story you believe. Some are saying Mueller and Comey turned a blind eye to the Uranium One scandal. Comey is worth $10 million and Mueller is worth $14 million so that means they were bought off. That sort of thing. The media is so partisan it's biased both ways and Joe Public has no idea what's true because nobody can be trusted. We are in a trust nobody world. In short we have a lying epidemic.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    National politics now is a race to the bottom. Down to the bottom of the gooey smelly swamp.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Putin is pretty slick. I pop over to RT every once in a while to watch that Crossfire show.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They are way better at that stuff because they have been doing it professionally for 100 years. To them the internet is just another medium.

I have at least one friend who has been radicalized completely to Russian propaganda posting daily now about how amazing Assad is and how the evil Americans are faking chemical attacks.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    They are way better at that stuff because they have been doing it professionally for 100 years. To them the internet is just another medium.

I have at least one friend who has been radicalized completely to Russian propaganda posting daily now about how amazing Assad is and how the evil Americans are faking chemical attacks.
    All sorts of conspiracy on Syria. I've heard theories that Israel was behind the chemical attacks because they don't want the US to leave the middle east. I think Mattis wants to pull out of there. The US is the largest oil producer now and we don't need the oil. People are getting tired of supporting Israel. Most Americans would love to spend that money here at home. The middle east is ran by dictators. Might as well keep Assad there. Somebody worse would probably fill the void.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hell let the middle east be Russia's headache. I say pull out and wish Putin good luck. Haha!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

NuttyYahoo would want to manipulate events in Syria because he knows he has to go through Syria to get to Iran. And that motherfucker is obsessed with Iran. Increasingly more so, as his own legal hassles threaten to bring his ass down.

The biggest threat to world stability is an arrogant Russian asshole who has been in power since the mid 90s. Ironically, it's not Putin, though he's also an asshole.

Funny thing is, Vlad..... I'm as Russian as you are! Likud isn't a Hebrew word, for fucks sake.
    I call the people who criticize me "anti-semites" while I don't have a shred of Semitic DNA!
    Unlike those Palestinians I slaughter every day of course! Is this a great life or what??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Neil Cavuto was a financial reporter over at CNBC as was Mariah Bartiromo. Both came over to Fox. I like em both and because they started in business news I think they tend to tell it as it is more than falling into the partisan cheerleading game.
    Cavuto is a capitalist shill above all else. He's finally realizing the reality that Cheeto - serial business failure that he is - really isn't the Great Orange Hope that predatory capitalism hoped he would be. Oh, sure the billionaires got more tax "cuts" that they didn't need, but the people who actually would SPEND money at their businesses got nothing, so they'll be losing profits to offset their gains from tax dodging.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Cavuto is a capitalist shill above all else. He's finally realizing the reality that Cheeto - serial business failure that he is - really isn't the Great Orange Hope that predatory capitalism hoped he would be. Oh, sure the billionaires got more tax "cuts" that they didn't need, but the people who actually would SPEND money at their businesses got nothing, so they'll be losing profits to offset their gains from tax dodging.
    Funny. I live in a tax haven but so many Democrats have their primary residence here to dodge the high taxes in the blue states they hang out in we are a Democrat county. It's not just Republicans dodging taxes my friend. I find it ironic they come to a republican state for the low or no taxes and then vote Democrat in the local elections. Go figure.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Funny. I live in a tax haven but so many Democrats have their primary residence here to dodge the high taxes in the blue states they hang out in we are a Democrat county. It's not just Republicans dodging taxes my friend. I find it ironic they come to a republican state for the low or no taxes and then vote Democrat in the local elections. Go figure.
    You are so full of shit.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    NuttyYahoo would want to manipulate events in Syria because he knows he has to go through Syria to get to Iran. And that motherfucker is obsessed with Iran. Increasingly more so, as his own legal hassles threaten to bring his ass down.

The biggest threat to world stability is an arrogant Russian asshole who has been in power since the mid 90s. Ironically, it's not Putin, though he's also an asshole.

Funny thing is, Vlad..... I'm as Russian as you are! Likud isn't a Hebrew word, for fucks sake.
    I call the people who criticize me "anti-semites" while I don't have a shred of Semitic DNA!
    Unlike those Palestinians I slaughter every day of course! Is this a great life or what??
    Iran basically has filled the void we created in Iraq and Syria. They have been supplying Hezbola in Lebanon through Syria. So Iran is moving on Israel so they have a legitimate concern there. Bibi and his wife are huge crooks and Israel has jailed crooked leaders in the past so he's got concerns there. Bibi has gone crying to Putin several times. Maybe Putin will let Bibi flee into Russia to avoid jail. Haha! He can live in Barvikha with the other despots.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online