X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Trump gave Korea what it wanted, legitimacy in front of the world, Trump said the people of North Korea loved Kim. I assume he isn't including the 100 000 political opponents he has locked up in concentration camps or shot.

The other thing they wanted was for the US to stop doing military exercises with South Korea which he gave them.

In return Trump got exactly zero for America. They said the same thing about a non nuclear Korean peninsula that they said to Obama and Bush. If Trump had done any homework he would have known this and that the Koreans are including the US in that - they will get rid of all of their missiles if the US gets rid of all of hers.

The art of the deal in action...
    Have you considered the alternate perception that Kim and North Korea achieved this so called "legitimacy in front of the world" on their own by detonating nuclear/hydrogen bombs powerful enough to destroy a mountain, plus firing intercontinental missiles over Japan/Guam with potential capability to strike the US mainland...

Those elements on their own dictated a situation where playing some silly game of "we don't want to talk to you" because your not big enough wasn't going to change a damn thing nor alter the progression of threat!

I don't get the significance people are placing on pausing the joint military exercises with South Korea either. The US did not commit to any draw-down or change what so ever in the massive strike capability positioned on and just off the Korean Peninsula. All we agreed to was to suspend practice exercises for the time being. Don't think for a minute that all that hell and fury isn't locked, loaded and just parked in NOKO's backyard waiting to be unleashed if needed...

What has been accomplished so far isn't really much from a tangible perspective... but it holds considerably much more potential of achieving something in the direction of a peaceful solution than existed just a few months ago. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think this deal will quickly result in demilitarization of the peninsula nor that Kim and his goons will just give it all up without some major issues... None of the past attempts/methods succeeded. But there's no reason not to give this a reasonable try...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Have you considered the alternate perception that Kim and North Korea achieved this so called "legitimacy in front of the world" on their own by detonating nuclear/hydrogen bombs powerful enough to destroy a mountain, plus firing intercontinental missiles over Japan/Guam with potential capability to strike the US mainland...

Those elements on their own dictated a situation where playing some silly game of "we don't want to talk to you" because your not big enough wasn't going to change a damn thing nor alter the progression of threat!

I don't get the significance people are placing on pausing the joint military exercises with South Korea either. The US did not commit to any draw-down or change what so ever in the massive strike capability positioned on and just off the Korean Peninsula. All we agreed to was to suspend practice exercises for the time being. Don't think for a minute that all that hell and fury isn't locked, loaded and just parked in NOKO's backyard waiting to be unleashed if needed...

What has been accomplished so far isn't really much from a tangible perspective... but it holds considerably much more potential of achieving something in the direction of a peaceful solution than existed just a few months ago. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think this deal will quickly result in demilitarization of the peninsula nor that Kim and his goons will just give it all up without some major issues... None of the past attempts/methods succeeded. But there's no reason not to give this a reasonable try...
      In retrospect/looking backward over the last 70 years, it'd be hard to imagine a single, rational person who wouldn't have wished atomic/nuclear weapons hadn't been invented. Just from a basic survival aspect in terms of our species. We had plenty of conventional weapons prior to the advent of atomic/nuclear ones that were more than able to kill one another off without any "efficiency of destructive scale" or other such insanity. If armies want to go to war, let them do it on a battlefield with guns, tanks and rockets and keep civilian populations out of it as much as possible: full out nuclear war (or even a single weapon being detonated) doesn't distinguish between military personnel and civilians.

To be sure, the Trump/Un summit may end up being no more than a mere pause, stalling the inevitable. Perhaps all the Russian/USA nuclear agreements in the end may have turned out to be nothing more than stalling measures if a nuclear exchange ends up taking place.

You know what? I'll take those stalling measures over a nuclear detonation anytime. Even just in terms of North Korea: to be sure, Un treats his people terribly. However, I have no desire to see the peoples of North Korea wiped off the face of the planet, EVEN IF SUCH AN OBJECTIVE CAN BE ACHIEVED WITHOUT ANY REPERCUSSIONS TO THE US. I wouldn't mind seeing Un go and see the North Korean peoples be able to participate in a less restrictive society.

I just don't want to see the detonation of nuclear weapons ever become thought of as normalized or acceptable. I care about general humanity far, far above nationalism, religion or ethnic dominance.

As you say, there is no reason not to give a deal between Trump and Un a reasonable try, even if all it provides in the end is a pause: every day I'm living in a world where nuclear weapons aren't detonated is, far as I'm concerned, a good one.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ford... did you notice those illegal immigrants are not North Koreans..?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

They are if you're Chinese...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oops...

This is what happens when FORD posts on no sleep, too little caffeine and sunburn.... videos go into the wrong thread.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I'm amazed at how much people are inferring out of nothing. Past presidents just bought North Korea off when they threw a tantrum. Nobody bothered to talk to them in the past either. Let's be real here. The Korean tension has been a cash cow for the military industrial complex for a half century. Canceling a military exercise is no big deal and best of all, it saves money. If Kim wants to try and turn North Korea into Singapore fine. Singapore is still a dictatorship but since the dictator understands capitalism it's thrived. Also this is all partisan talk. If a Democrat did the exact same thing they would be a brilliant negotiator and worthy of the Nobel Prize. Since it's a Republican it's all a disaster. The issues don't matter as much as what team you play on. Politics is right there with sports. Everyone has their team they cheer for. Simple as that. Both Democrats and Republicans bitch about the other team and sometimes even throw shit from the stands.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-17-2018, 01:53 PM.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Trump should be a Democrat.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      I'm amazed at how much people are inferring out of nothing. Past presidents just bought North Korea off when they threw a tantrum. Nobody bothered to talk to them in the past either. Let's be real here. The Korean tension has been a cash cow for the military industrial complex for a half century. Canceling a military exercise is no big deal and best of all, it saves money. If Kim wants to try and turn North Korea into Singapore fine. Singapore is still a dictatorship but since the dictator understands capitalism it's thrived. Also this is all partisan talk. If a Democrat did the exact same thing they would be a brilliant negotiator and worthy of the Nobel Prize. Since it's a Republican it's all a disaster. The issues don't matter as much as what team you play on. Politics is right there with sports. Everyone has their team they cheer for. Simple as that. Both Democrats and Republicans bitch about the other team and sometimes even throw shit from the stands.
                      Yeah, they didn't know how to "talk" to them and get absolutely nothing tangible in return...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Trump should be a Democrat.
                        But he's not. Choke on that one you mindless sycophant!

BTW, Democrats largely initiated our involvement in, and ran, the Korean War. So that's sort of a bullshit comment...
                        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-17-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          They are if you're Chinese...
                          I'm a recovering Californian... not Chinese!

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

You're not?

Funny, as I've always thought your avatar looked...Asian...
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yes, the land of Mezro....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Yeah, they didn't know how to "talk" to them and get absolutely nothing tangible in return...
                                Remains of US servicemen isn't tangible?

Comment

Working...