Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Back to the Guiliani approach to your constitution, does that not mean that you can go full Klingon with your leaders?

What is to stop Pence shooting President Goldfinger in the face,becoming president and then pardoning himself?

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's not that the politicians are doing everything to prevent it happening, the problem is that no one thought it would happen and no one knows how to do it without wrecking our economy. As I said the people that voted for it were on the whole the least informed about what it would mean. There are also levels of Brexit ranging from pretending that the place that 60% of your trade is with doesn't exist and just backing out of the more federal aspects of membership at the other extreme. Given it was such a small majority reflecting the voters wishes would be to do the minimum. Personally I think it is vital that any deal that they make should go to a second vote but I don't think that's going to happen and the country has shot itself in the foot. I'm looking around for ways to get my family citizenship of another European country.
      It was pretty funny when Merkel asked May what is your exit plan? May had no answer. If you analyze the EU in detail it benefits Germany the most. Oddly enough the EU accomplished more for Germany than tanks and troops did in WWII.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The advantage the UK has is they have the financial capitol and the Pound Sterling. The British Pound would become the reserve currency of Europe once the Euro goes and I think the Euro is toast. Britain just needs the manufacturing base Germany has to go along with it. It will take some time and of course you have to have leadership with vision and a public willing to cooperate and that seems to be the problem with the UK.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Jobs and a living wage really are the big overall problem everywhere. With automation and artificial intelligence becoming more of a reality we can replace a lot of people. We are going to have more people than jobs they can do. So what's the solution? Just pay a base living allowance? The problem with that is the politicians will use it to strong arm votes and control people. Finance is all about controlling the illusion. We could do a lot of things since we just make money from nothing. We can blow trillions on war or we can use that to make the domestic system better. People seem to like war more and you see everyone knocking themselves out to make what a few people can just make on a computer terminal with nothing backing it at all. It's all psychology when you get down to the brass tacks. Mind control is the ultimate asset.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            The advantage the UK has is they have the financial capitol and the Pound Sterling. The British Pound would become the reserve currency of Europe once the Euro goes and I think the Euro is toast. Britain just needs the manufacturing base Germany has to go along with it. It will take some time and of course you have to have leadership with vision and a public willing to cooperate and that seems to be the problem with the UK.
            We have a particularly poor crop of politicians at the moment. At least 50% of the representatives of the two main parties think/know that their leader is shit. There is a danger that London could lose the financial capital status, it's already losing a lot of EU regulator jobs. What people didn't realise that a lot of regulations and EU bureaucracy is based here.

A typical scenario is that the headquarters of drugs regulation for the 28 EU countries, the EMA, is based in London. That makes London a good place for big Pharma to have it's European base. That HQ is now being moved to Amsterdam losing a ton of good jobs. All the big pharma lobbyists will follow as in time will their HQs. Of course the real shitty thing is that if you are a drug manufacturer in the UK you will still have to meet all the regulations that the EMU come out with because otherwise you go under as you cannot sell your drugs in Europe. You will now also probably have a trade tarrif to pay and of course the UK will no longer have any say at all in whatever regulations they come up with in Amsterdam. No one had thought this through including incidentally the EMA which are contracted to pay the lease on the HQ until 2039! Knock on affects all over eg 36 000 scientists and regulators visit London each year to go to the EMA. Banking regulation has gone to Paris.

There are dozens of examples of shit like this - it's a fucking economic disaster.
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-07-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Jobs and a living wage really are the big overall problem everywhere. With automation and artificial intelligence becoming more of a reality we can replace a lot of people. We are going to have more people than jobs they can do. So what's the solution? Just pay a base living allowance? The problem with that is the politicians will use it to strong arm votes and control people. Finance is all about controlling the illusion. We could do a lot of things since we just make money from nothing. We can blow trillions on war or we can use that to make the domestic system better. People seem to like war more and you see everyone knocking themselves out to make what a few people can just make on a computer terminal with nothing backing it at all. It's all psychology when you get down to the brass tacks. Mind control is the ultimate asset.
              Yes.

To all of it.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Back to the Guiliani approach to your constitution, does that not mean that you can go full Klingon with your leaders?

What is to stop Pence shooting President Goldfinger in the face,becoming president and then pardoning himself?
                Oh, he's definitely thinking about it.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I would like to see an independent Scotland but I don't think joining the EU is any kind of independence. Scotland has some oil and gas assets. Those exports help. Also you can become a tax haven. Charge lower corporate taxes than let's say England if you are independent and play that game. You could also learn from the Swiss on the banking game. Manufacturing is going to go to places like India or be automated. But you are right. Being independent requires some creative strategic thinking and some self-discipline. You have to have the brains and will and stupid political leadership is like dropping anchor when you are trying to go somewhere.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Oh, he's definitely thinking about it.....

Name the last time any big name politician ever went to jail for a crime. Hell. If they all start knocking each other off they just might be doing us a favor. You can't vote them out so just let them kill each other.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I think Gulianii is smoking a few too many bowls of good weed.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think Gulianii is smoking a few too many bowls of good weed.
                        More concerning is he's doing all this stone cold sober...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think I mentioned here before that Guiliani is suffering from a degenerative mental state, or is an "agent provocateur/false flag"...

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            I think I mentioned here before that Guiliani is suffering from a degenerative mental state, or is an "agent provocateur/false flag"...
                            I think Trump has Giuliani on his legal team simply to have him as a public spokesman able to make daily tv appearances and proffer the Trump bullshit extravaganza. Said extravaganza comprised of intentional misdirection, false equivalencies and whataboutery.

Trump certainly took notice of Giuliani's willingness to stick up for Trump during the nadir of his campaign after the grab 'em by the pussy tapes surfaced, and in the days between that and the general election (when virtually everybody - including Trump and his family - assumed Trump was going to lose) when party support for Trump was far less than what it was for any GOP candidate that late in the general election in my lifetime. Even far less than McCain in 2008 or Romney in 2012, when more than a few party players had a degree of certainty that their candidate would lose. Giuliani's support, along with his willingness (like Trump's) to make virtually any specious rationalization at any given moment, never wavered.

Trump expects loyalty for the privilege of being associated with the Trump name, regardless of if Trump himself does anything to earn that loyalty or not. Giuliani gives Trump the loyalty he requires unconditionally, thus Trump knew Giuliani could (and can) be counted on to do what Trump wants, regardless of how absurd it may seem. Giuliani, like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, will say ANYTHING.

Also, Rudy (like Christie) would like a shot at heading up the DOJ after Sessions leaves. Or maybe Secretary of State if Newt isn't already there by then.

Rudy may well be suffering from some sort of degenerative cognitive dissonance brought on by his advancing age, although to be fair, Rudy (like Trump) has had a long history of saying douchebaggy/untrue things and behaving in an assholish manner for a few decades now: let's not be so quick to blame these recent displays of behavior on withering dotage of the mind.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              I think Trump has Giuliani on his legal team simply to have him as a public spokesman able to make daily tv appearances and proffer the Trump bullshit extravaganza. Said extravaganza comprised of intentional misdirection, false equivalencies and whataboutery.

Trump certainly took notice of Giuliani's willingness to stick up for Trump during the nadir of his campaign after the grab 'em by the pussy tapes surfaced, and in the days between that and the general election (when virtually everybody - including Trump and his family - assumed Trump was going to lose) when party support for Trump was far less than what it was for any GOP candidate that late in the general election in my lifetime. Even far less than McCain in 2008 or Romney in 2012, when more than a few party players had a degree of certainty that their candidate would lose. Giuliani's support, along with his willingness (like Trump's) to make virtually any specious rationalization at any given moment, never wavered.

Trump expects loyalty for the privilege of being associated with the Trump name, regardless of if Trump himself does anything to earn that loyalty or not. Giuliani gives Trump the loyalty he requires unconditionally, thus Trump knew Giuliani could (and can) be counted on to do what Trump wants, regardless of how absurd it may seem. Giuliani, like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, will say ANYTHING.

Also, Rudy (like Christie) would like a shot at heading up the DOJ after Sessions leaves. Or maybe Secretary of State if Newt isn't already there by then.

Rudy may well be suffering from some sort of degenerative cognitive dissonance brought on by his advancing age, although to be fair, Rudy (like Trump) has had a long history of saying douchebaggy/untrue things and behaving in an assholish manner for a few decades now: let's not be so quick to blame these recent displays of behavior on withering dotage of the mind.
                              Good assessment. I don't think Rudy is helping Trump at all. He seems to be saying stuff just to bring attention to himself. Maybe Trump likes it because the focus can go on Rudy for his comments. Rudy is aging and has been treated for cancer. Who knows what that cancer treatment does to people. He seems a bit foggy and off. I don't think he's qualified to be attorney general. It's just more reality or unreality TV.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                More concerning is he's doing all this stone cold sober...
                                I'm trying to figure out how Rudy Guliani is helping Trump. All I can think of is he's draws attention away from Trump by saying stupid shit. Well the whole federal government has become a joke so I guess it's par for the course. Rudy can just join the rest of the clowns in the circus.

Comment

Working...