Thread: What we did last summer...concert reviews!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What we did last summer...concert reviews!

How about a Thread where we can share the good, the bad and the ugly. I start with the

HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES

I was there yesterday and I was impressed!They packed the place and thanks to Mr Depp it was a mixed audience of all ages.

Funny to see that this summit of stars is more a band than regular bands. They really have FUN together on stage and that goes straight into the music. They are tight as hell, Alice must have found some fountain of youth. He sang GREAT and was an even better master of ceremony.

Is there ego on stage? You bet! But it never ever is a moment if ME ME ME! Sure, it's a lot of attention on Johnny Depp, but he deserves it. He delivers! Sang a great version of Bowie's Heroes. But he is never stealing the show when it's somebody else's moment to shine.

Joe Perry is Joe Perry, Matt Sorum solid as a fucking rock. So were the third guitar player, bassman (gave a killer version of Motörhead's Ace of Spades) and keyboard player. The tix weren't too expensive. And I highly recommend everybody to go and see them if you want to have a good night with some good songs played by the greatest cover/tribute band you can imagine.

Next: Iron Maiden

Last edited by DavidLeeNatra; 06-05-2018 at 01:55 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

UP THE IRONS!

Yesterday was the night of the Legacy of the Beast. And what do I have to tell you? The old bitch delivers! That was one of the greatest live performances I ever had the pleasure to witness.

The band is such a well oiled machine that you could question if it was live played. But there is a very little edge in the music here and then, so it is live. The sound was crystal clear (the venue helps a lot) and man are these men still on fire. All three guitar players have their moments to shine. Steve Harris is still a wizard and Nico McBrian all smiling and still an animal.

And then there is Bruce lordhavemercymotherfucking Dickinson. How can one guy with that history have pipes the blow ever singer out of the ring. I doubt that he missed a single note during their two hour show. Effortless he is hitting the highest notes while working the steadily changing stage, changing clothes or killing Eddie. The air sirene was running on the highest alert. What a singer!!!

The stage was killer so where the classic songs. Flight of Icarus...Revelations...and the inevitable hits. A plane, two eddies, fire and a stage that changed from warzone to dungeon to churche.

That was worth every single cent!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

3. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (02-05-2020)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Without doubt the best band on the planet. Their service to their fans is unbelievable. I saw the foo here in a footy stadium back in January, and it was pretty good. The curious support band, weezer, nearly stole the show as everyone knew every hit & sang along. None of this could ever match the epicness, epicity? of the somewhere back in time tour. And relentlessly still making awesome albums. Up the Iron's indeed!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

5. Thanked ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (06-15-2018)

Thread Information