Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries

Limey Explains Why Modern Music Is Absolute Shit

He could be Scottish for all I care. All Euro trash looks and sounds the same to me but he does hit on the the god damn head
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

The 'Loudness' issue he raises(mainly compression) is so nuts now that recently I just finished doing a studio recorded album and when I got the mixed but not mastered copies to check it was really quite quiet on my iPhone through headphones even when full up in volume, same on a Samsung.

I assume this is to protect smart phone producers from legal action from damaged ears they have had to allow for the loudness added by mastering techniques. Once it came back from mastering the album was as loud as everything else.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    Samsung (Android) devices do give irreversible hearing damage warnings due to "prolonged listening."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Why does modern music suck ass? Well the fact that there are only 4 record labels and 3 radio corporations controlling everything might have something to do with it. Also the fact that MTV still calls itself "Music Television" but has "reality" shit television 95% of the time, and the videos played in the other 5% are autotuned corporate puppets without a shred of actual musical talent.

The corporatist stranglehold has everything to do with the shitty production techniques this guy in the video is talking about.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Why does modern music suck ass? Well the fact that there are only 4 record labels and 3 radio corporations controlling everything might have something to do with it. Also the fact that MTV still calls itself "Music Television" but has "reality" shit television 95% of the time, and the videos played in the other 5% are autotuned corporate puppets without a shred of actual musical talent.

The corporatist stranglehold has everything to do with the shitty production techniques this guy in the video is talking about.
    Saw a local talent show and it blew me away. Most the participants were people in their 20's and teens. Several incredible piano players. Some good bands. I would say the upcoming generation doesn't lack talent but there is no structure to market them. My mom said my dad was a lousy dancer because he always played in the band. In the 40's a band had to play the dance music. My dad played sax. Van Halen got their early experience playing clubs. Now clubs are recorded techno music and the DJ is replacing the frontman and the guitar hero. Some are even saying the interest in playing electric guitar is waining. Some even has said Rock is dying. Who knows where it's all going to go. The the reality is this. Who's going to finance your tour? Then how do you promote it? Radio isn't what it was. That might be dead as well. Do something outrageous to get the attention of the press and then use your 15 seconds of fame to sell yourself? Might work. The problem is marketing not a lack of talent.

Thread Information