X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondclaudio
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

2019 Tour

Some brand good news are ready to surface from the Van Halen camp. Wolfie has finish his album. In eight or nine months there will be a final tour with the original line-up, and Wolfie will be the opener! Managements and companys are scheduling dates of the new album release, because maybe classic Van Halen ( full original line up) will be releasing a final studio album as the lev motiv for their final tour. Stay frosty!
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Yawwwwwwn...
    Originally posted by diamondclaudio
    Some brand good news are ready to surface from the Van Halen camp. Wolfie has finish his album. In eight or nine months there will be a final tour with the original line-up, and Wolfie will be the opener! Managements and companys are scheduling dates of the new album release, because maybe classic Van Halen ( full original line up) will be releasing a final studio album as the lev motiv for their final tour. Stay frosty!
    Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Wolfgang solo project part appears to somewhat partially true...

6,804 likes, 273 comments - wolfvanhalen on June 13, 2018: "I just tracked the last vocal on my project which means recording is officially complete. It’s a good day. I’m happy. Next stop: Mixi...".

wolfvanhalen: I just tracked the last vocal on my project which means recording is officially complete. It’s a good day. I’m happy. Next stop: Mixing.
      Where's all that VH original line-up, new album and 2019 tour info coming from..?
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• diamondclaudio
        Roadie
        • Jan 2004

I should not say it. Berch Rupenian told me that. I hope he doesn t read this forum. Sorry Berch.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Oh boy. Junior Van Halen has taken years to make an album while his dad and bandmates used to knock an album out in a few weeks. You know. Eddie writing the music on the road. In the hotel room. On the bus. Roth would usually write the lyrics while riding in the back of a limo driving around. Doing it that way gives the songs energy. Nothing is worse than music slowly written in a studio environment. It sounds as boring as the process of making it.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            The Wolfgang solo project part appears to somewhat partially true...

6,804 likes, 273 comments - wolfvanhalen on June 13, 2018: "I just tracked the last vocal on my project which means recording is officially complete. It’s a good day. I’m happy. Next stop: Mixi...".

Where's all that VH original line-up, new album and 2019 tour info coming from..?
            Here?:

There have been strong rumors that the rock band is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album, followed by worldwide tour at the end of 2025.

Seems like a rather piece of shit rumor site though...

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Here?:

There have been strong rumors that the rock band is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album, followed by worldwide tour at the end of 2025.

Seems like a rather piece of shit rumor site though...
              "piece of shit rumor site" seems about right...

See the notation under the 1st paragraph of the article you linked:

UPDATE 16/06/2018 : This story seems to be false.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondclaudio
                I should not say it. Berch Rupenian told me that. I hope he doesn t read this forum. Sorry Berch.
                That probably sealed his fate... I'm sure when Eddie's people get wind that internal Top Secret™ Van Halen project details are being leaked from a trusted source in Uruguay they'll shut that shit down faster than a Manhattan Ho™ can cross her legs!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"piece of shit rumor site" seems about right...

See the notation under the 1st paragraph of the article you linked:
                  And yet they leave it up to be searched....

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Meh.

Speaking for myself (and, from what I've read so far on the thread, perhaps echoing the sentiments of more than a few of the other posters thus far), pretty much ANY rumor about a CVH reunion from ANY website these days elicits a "yeah, whatever, I'll believe it when it actually happens."

It's not circa late 1999 to late 2003 anymore, when the Van Halens were lead singerless and in hunkered down in their hidey hole home studio mode and people still had somewhat of an interest in Roth rejoining because the potential for a somewhat creative future existed: Roth rejoined the band over a decade ago, and we got a few tours, one new studio album 1/2 remade old demos 1/2 new material and a live album of a 2013 performance nobody asked for or particularly wanted.

I have no reason to think the band would have sounded much better or the output would have been more productive had Mike Anthony been with the band all along instead of Wolfgang. Granted, what I always wanted to see WAS the CVH lineup tour again and release new music...that is, it's what I wanted back in, say, 1996.

Getting Anthony back in the band NOW? Mmm...ten years (at least) too late for that to have made much of a real difference substantively: 100% authentic (finally) to be sure. MAYBE the backing vocals live might sound slightly better, but Anthony is no spring chicken anymore, either.

The time for the band to have gone the full-bore CVH reunion route was twenty years ago. By the time the Van Halens finally came around to their senses a decade later and DID get Roth back, the ability in terms of physical/creative juice was already waning on vapors. Getting the CVH lineup together for a tour that won't even take place until next year? Smacks of the final cash grab tactic/option to fill the coffers before retirement.

I think Roth said in his CFTH autobiography something along the lines of when thinking about what Van Halen turned into after he left, he'd rather not ponder it too much because it made him question what the band was when he was a member. The band waiting 2 decades too long to finally reconstitute gives me a similar feeling, in that I'd rather not pay top dollar to see/hear that: I'd just as soon remember them back in the day, when they were at their peak.
                    Last edited by Terry; 06-16-2018, 05:53 PM.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• diamondclaudio
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2004

Well, What you`ve said makes sense to me. BUT never UNDERESTIMATE what that band can bring to the table. Maybe their record is strong and if Roth decides to really sing on tour... well, it worth 150 bucks to me!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Oh boy. Junior Van Halen has taken years to make an album while his dad and bandmates used to knock an album out in a few weeks. You know. Eddie writing the music on the road. In the hotel room. On the bus. Roth would usually write the lyrics while riding in the back of a limo driving around. Doing it that way gives the songs energy. Nothing is worse than music slowly written in a studio environment. It sounds as boring as the process of making it.
                        Probably because he isn't hungry enough. Ironically.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Whole lot of truth in that... Prior to his 1st record, his father had to work his ass off just to make rent and beer money. If he hadn't, his only other option was a real job... Once his career took off he had contractual motivations to fill in order to keep the prospect of a real job off the table. None of those motivational factors exist in Wolfgang's world...

Then there's also inspiration... Roth, Van Halens and Anthony had the clubs and back yard party days with a shit load of competition to beat out and load up their musical creativity. There was a lot of fast paced living packed into a few years there that literally exploded them into the rock scene. Enough to inspire several albums worth of great material...

If I were to suggest a simple analogy that fits this... The original Van Halen band created and rode a tidal wave in the open ocean. Wolfgang is just splashing in the puddles within an up-scale, safe, gated community with this project.

We'll see what comes of it... I've got a feeling it may lack the raw grit his seed sprouted from...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Yeah I remember James Hetfield saying it was easy to write great Metallica songs when he was pissed off, poor, and angry. It was damn hard to write angry songs when he was sitting by a nice pool behind a huge house with several exotic cars in the garage. I think David Lee Roth understood the music came from what you were living in. When he was a volunteer EMT in New York City he kept a notebook with him and he rode on the fire engine. All the carnage, drama, excitement, and fear he saw he put into lyrical ideas. I think that's why the dude would leave the nice big house and go to places like Haiti. To ground himself. To see misery. The experience the real. Then that ended up in songs like Mean Street and all that. Everything from the Hollywood bullshit to guts falling on the floor at Walter Mitty's inspired Roth. I think Eddie got stale once he stayed on the mountain locked away in a studio.

Also the whole scene is different now. Wolfie isn't playing backyard parties, bars or clubs. He's a talented wanker basically. He's too pampered to be interesting. Rich kids aren't very interesting unless they go criminally insane or have a public breakdown.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Whole lot of truth in that... Prior to his 1st record, his father had to work his ass off just to make rent and beer money. If he hadn't, his only other option was a real job... Once his career took off he had contractual motivations to fill in order to keep the prospect of a real job off the table. None of those motivational factors exist in Wolfgang's world...

Then there's also inspiration... Roth, Van Halens and Anthony had the clubs and back yard party days with a shit load of competition to beat out and load up their musical creativity. There was a lot of fast paced living packed into a few years there that literally exploded them into the rock scene. Enough to inspire several albums worth of great material...

If I were to suggest a simple analogy that fits this... The original Van Halen band created and rode a tidal wave in the open ocean. Wolfgang is just splashing in the puddles within an up-scale, safe, gated community with this project.

We'll see what comes of it... I've got a feeling it may lack the raw grit his seed sprouted from...
                              Oh it's going to be hey Wolfie plays them drums pretty good and yeah not bad bass playing. It will be studio wankery. There will be no story to be heard in the notes. Nothing to move you. It will be like being fucked with the same stroke.

Comment

Working...