Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Ann the Man channels "her" inner Alex Jones.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jesus Christ
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      The defence I'm hearing from Christian acquaintances defending the stupidity of Romans 13, (which to me is just blatant do what I tell you shit coming from the powers involved in the creating of the Bible for Emperor Constantine), is that you need to read the preceding verse.

I'm really not convinced by that argument because even if it's meant to sort out the problem that according to Paul all Christians need to support their government even if it is vile cruel and 'evil', then it's very vague and unstated. If it was the word of god why is it either completely immoral or poorly communicated.
      Some Scripture quotes regarding immigration.....

Leviticus 19:33-34 - And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

Matthew 25:35 - For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in

Exodus 22:21 - Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Malachi 3:5 - And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in [his] wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger [from his right], and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Deuteronomy 27:19 - Cursed [be] he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger, fatherless, and widow. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Hebrews 13:2 - Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Jeremiah 7:5-7 - For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;

Zechariah 7:9-10 - Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother

Exodus 23:9 - Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 25:35 - And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: [yea, though he be] a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

So I think it's fairly clear where Dad & I stand on this issue.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Whatever.

I could pull some hateful shit from any of those books in a minute.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And now a word from Captain Hikaru Sulu, United Federation of Planets......

‘At Least During the Internment …’ Are Words I Thought I’d Never Utter
              By George Takei
              foreignpolicy.com
              June 19, 2018, 9:00 AM

Imagine this scene: Tens of thousands of people, mostly families with children, are labeled by the government as a threat to our nation, used as political tools by opportunistic politicians, and caught in a vast gray zone where their civil and human rights are erased by the presumption of universal guilt. Thousands are moved around to makeshift detention centers and sites, where camps are thrown together with more regard to the bottom line than the humanity of the new residents.

That is America today, at our southern border, which asylum-seekers and undocumented migrants alike are seeking to cross. But it is also America in late 1941, in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, when overnight my community, my family, and I became the enemy because we happened to look like those who had dropped the bombs. And yet, in one core, horrifying way this is worse. At least during the internment of Japanese-Americans, I and other children were not stripped from our parents. We were not pulled screaming from our mothers’ arms. We were not left to change the diapers of younger children by ourselves.

Photos of children in cages and camps today so strongly evoke the wartime past that former First Lady Laura Bush drew a stark parallel in an op-ed in the Washington Post. “These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history,” Bush wrote. She reminded us that there are dark consequences to such camps for their residents: “This treatment inflicts trauma; interned Japanese have been two times as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.”

When a government acts capriciously, especially against a powerless and much-reviled group, it is hard to describe the terror and anxiety. There is nowhere to turn, because the only people with the power to help have trained their guns and dogs upon you. You are without rights, held without charge or trial. The world is upside down, information-less, and indifferent or even hostile to your plight.

And yet, with hideous irony, I can still say, “At least during the internment …”

At least during the internment, when I was just 5 years old, I was not taken from my parents.

My family was sent to a racetrack for several weeks to live in a horse stall, but at least we had each other. At least during the internment, my parents were able to place themselves between the horror of what we were facing and my own childish understanding of our circumstances. They told us we were “going on a vacation to live with the horsies.” And when we got to Rohwer camp, they again put themselves between us and the horror, so that we would never fully appreciate the grim reality of the mosquito-infested swamp into which we had been thrown. At least during the internment, we remained a family, and I credit that alone for keeping the scars of our unjust imprisonment from deepening on my soul.

I cannot for a moment imagine what my childhood would have been like had I been thrown into a camp without my parents. That this is happening today fills me with both rage and grief: rage toward a failed political leadership who appear to have lost even their most basic humanity, and a profound grief for the families affected.

How do political leaders convince themselves of the virtues of such a policy? History shows it doesn’t take much. After Japan dropped its bombs, the political scapegoats were obvious. As America geared up for war, the administration needed some way to show that it was being tough on Japan, as it had little military success at the early going to trot out. Being tough on Japan easily translated into being tough on the Japanese here in America. No matter that most of us weren’t even Japanese nationals; nearly two-thirds of those imprisoned were U.S. citizens, after all. But as the Wartime Relocation Authority made clear, “a Jap is a Jap.” That was their own “zero-tolerance” policy.

But how to justify the sweeping internment of 120,000 people, when none of us had actually done anything wrong?

It was Earl Warren — the same man who as chief justice would forge a famously liberal Supreme Court — who helped move that along. Warren was the attorney general for the state of California at the time, and he had designs on the governorship, which he won in late in 1942. Warren took the absence of evidence of sabotage or spying on the West Coast by any Japanese-American as justification to declare that this was evidence that we must be planning something truly hidden and deeply sinister.

It was a lie, and a big one, but it was one repeated enough, and said with enough conviction, that rest of the country went along with it. We were the murderers, the thugs, the animals then — and since you couldn’t tell the good from the bad, you might as well round up everyone in the name of national security.

Whenever I draw parallels between today’s border actions and the internment camps of World War II, I am flooded with comments “reminding me” that it was a Democrat, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who signed Executive Order 9066 and set the internment into motion. This only underscores my point, however: The United States’ flirtation with authoritarianism is not tied to any political party. Even people of good heart and conscience can be swept up in the frenzy. Earl Warren was a Republican, and while he ultimately came to view his role in the internment to be one of his greatest follies, at the time neither he nor others in government — with rare exceptions, like Ralph Carr, the governor of Colorado — saw anything wrong with what he’d done.

But unless we act now, we will have failed to learn at all from our past mistakes. Once again, we are flinging ourselves into a world of camps and fences and racist imagery — and lies just big enough to stick.

Once again, we are flinging ourselves into a world of camps and fences and racist imagery — and lies just big enough to stick.

There are at least two big lies right now. The first is that there’s a law on the books passed by the Democrats, and that the Justice Department has no choice but to enforce it. This lie passes the buck and confuses the public, offering a diversionary talking point to dutiful lieutenants willing to toe the White House line. Like FDR, Donald Trump has wide latitude in setting the priorities of law enforcement, and there is no law that says we must have “zero tolerance” for children at our borders, just as there was nothing that said all persons of Japanese descent, even children within orphanages, were to be rounded up and relocated.

The second lie is that those at our borders are criminals, and therefore deserve no rights. But the asylum-seekers at our borders are breaking no laws at all, nor are their children who accompany them. The broad brush of “criminal” today raises echoes of the wartime “enemy” to my ears. Once painted, both marks are impossible to wash off. Trump prepared his followers for this day long ago, when he began to dehumanize Mexican migrants as drug dealers, rapists, murderers, and animals. Animals might belong in cages. Humans don’t.

I wish that those, like me, who lived through this nightmare before didn’t have to sound the alarm again.

But as my father once told me, America is a great nation but also a fallible one — as prone to great mistakes as are the people who inhabit it. As a survivor of internment camps, I have made it my lifelong mission to work against them being built ever again within our borders.

Although the first camps for border crossers have been built, and are now filling up with innocent children, we have a chance to ensure history does not repeat itself in full, to demonstrate that we have learned from our past and to stand firmly against our worse natures. The internment happened because of fear and hatred, but also because of a failure of political leadership. In 1941, there were few politicians who dared stand up to the internment order. I am hopeful that today there will, should be, must be, far more people who speak up, both among our leaders and the public, and that the future writes the history of our resistance — not, yet again, of our compliance.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                He kind of is.

The plan seems to be to steal the children of people who are already in a terrible situation and put them in cages until the Democrats agree to pay for his wall(with your money).

Is there not a point when people start to wonder if they are maybe the fucking bad guys in the story?

This is beyond viral in the rest of the world at the moment and is making Abu Ghraib look like a massive PR win for the USA.
                Naw. It's all political banter. The children are only separated from the parents if the parents declare asylum at the border. It's been the law before Trump was even president. This was done under other presidents but for some reason nobody cared then. Like everything else this will blow over in a few weeks and people will be bitching about something else. Maybe Trump should pull a false flag and bomb something and change the news story.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Just be glad Trump wants a wall. Landmines would be quicker and cheaper. The way people are bitching he should just go for it!
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Naw. It's all political banter. The children are only separated from the parents if the parents declare asylum at the border. It's been the law before Trump was even president. This was done under other presidents but for some reason nobody cared then.
                    Fucking bullshit.

You need to start getting some more accurate news sources than Fox and Friends.

There is no federal law mandating children and parents be separated at the border; a policy resulting in that outcome was enacted in May 2018.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Naw. It's all political banter. The children are only separated from the parents if the parents declare asylum at the border. It's been the law before Trump was even president. This was done under other presidents but for some reason nobody cared then. Like everything else this will blow over in a few weeks and people will be bitching about something else. Maybe Trump should pull a false flag and bomb something and change the news story.
                      Another red herring argument. It rarely happened "before trump" and certainly not on the scale of over 2,000 children interned. It's a "policy" now, no matter how much the cowards like Trump and his DHS appointees try to pass the buck back! Own the the fucking policy you pussies!! It's yours. You want a big wall built? Fine. But you get the crying children in interment camps separated from their parents as images of hostages. Own it bitches!!

You don't have to suck Trumps small dick on every other post while trying to convince us you're an independent thinker on the rest FFS..
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-19-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        Maybe Sessions and Trump wanna sell the children to pedophiles?
                        Probably sell them off to the Allison Mack sex cult

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

By the way about Allison Mack? Total master Bernie supporter.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Start a separate thread.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

FORD -

The Trump administration has reached a new low. After having nothing but praise for Kim Jong Un, the leader of the most despotic government on Earth, Trump has now initiated policies in our own country that are unprecedented in their cruelty.

Like you, I have watched with horror and disgust the countless stories and images of children being ripped away from their parents and stuck in cages for days, weeks and months without any contact or information about their well-being. I have read about parents being sent back to their home country without their children, and even stories about parents so distraught about the separation that they have ended their own lives.

As former First Lady Laura Bush stated; "Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the internment camps for U.S. citizens and noncitizens of Japanese descent during World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

The Trump administration policy of separating children from their parents at our border is a national disgrace. It is a moral abomination. And it can be stopped.

Like every member of the Senate Democratic Caucus, I have added my name as a co-sponsor of the Keep Families Together Act – legislation that would stop this detestable policy. Unfortunately, not one Republican senator has yet signed on. I need you to make your voice heard if we are going to change that:

More than any other country in the history of the modern world, the United States has been shaped in its identity and character by the process of immigration and the contributions of those immigrants.

I am proud to be the son of an immigrant.

My father came to this country from Poland without a nickel in his pocket.

And as a nation built by immigrants, we must strive for humane immigration policies that unify families, not tear them apart.

The Trump administration’s policy of separating children, including infants as young as one year old, from their parents at the border is inhumane, cruel and an affront to our values as Americans.

Tell Congress to act to stop it, today:

Add Your Name – Tell the Congress to pass the Keep Families Together Act and we can put an end to Trump’s policy of separating children from their parents at the U.S. / Mexico border.

Over the course of the next days and weeks, I suspect we will talk a lot about comprehensive immigration reform. But what cannot get lost in the details here is that we are talking about people. We are talking about families.

It is time for this injustice to end.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• jacksmar
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                FORD -
                                In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

Really man, what is it with you in these socialist old white women?
                                A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

Working...