Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Had to laugh at this thread derailing into political bullshit... the subtle correlation of a bullshit docu-drama full of misinformation, lies and outright crap does align appropriately...

It did spark a nostalgic memory of the golden days of message board administration, where the moderators primary role was to keep topics on subject rather than be the constant source of derailing thread topics. But I'm keenly aware of tradition... this is the Roth Army...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well Zah, you could always start your own...er...never mind...

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Had to laugh at this thread derailing into political bullshit... the subtle correlation of a bullshit docu-drama full of misinformation, lies and outright crap does align appropriately...

It did spark a nostalgic memory of the golden days of message board administration, where the moderators primary role was to keep topics on subject rather than be the constant source of derailing thread topics. But I'm keenly aware of tradition... this is the Roth Army...
        Haha! Our politics is right there with Van Halen. Total dysfunction. I think the political bullshit mixes well with the Van Halen bullshit.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Their politics was limited to whether they should buy more Heineken or Amstel Lite...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Their politics was limited to whether they should buy more Heineken or Amstel Lite...
            ...or Colt 45?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              ...or Colt 45?

They drank it because according to Billy Dee Williams, Colt 45 attracted quality pussy.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I believe Schlitz Malt Liquor was their beverage of choice...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I believe whatever was in the hotel room minibar was Alex's choice, his and everyone else's he could get his hands on!

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2007

Kristy's favorite band is Led Zeppelin. She's practically religious about them.
                    You mean the group of English white guys that ripped off a group of American black guys? Well, I can't scold her for being religious about them since I'm that way, maybe even worse, with The Mighty Van Halen. Just like I say on my facebook posts about VH, "I'll stab a mother fucker who talks shit about The Mighty Van Halen!" Lol
                    https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                      Sniper
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I believe Schlitz Malt Liquor was their beverage of choice...

Yes! According to Van Halen "Rising" and many other pics I've seen, that was their preferred choice of beer. The local store must have been out so they bought some Colt 45 to make the bus ride more enjoyable. That's my guess as to why they are drinking Colt instead of Schlitz.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Oh, I'm sorry. Did I shit all over your homoerotic obsession you have with a band that hasn't put out shit in over 35 years?
                        No. So no need to apologize. My obsession with The Mighty Van Halen is probably like yours, with Led Zeppelin. Speaking of your favorite band, they haven't put out shit either in the last 36 years.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I drank Schlitz Malt Liquor when I was a teenager. Can't believe anybody with money wouldn't opt for a better beer.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

In 1978-8X, they didn't have much of a choice. Ed did start drinking Heinies though...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I drank Schlitz Malt Liquor when I was a teenager. Can't believe anybody with money wouldn't opt for a better beer.
                              I guess it was also a fashion thing, it's not like Jack Daniels is the best bourbon around...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                I guess it was also a fashion thing, it's not like Jack Daniels is the best bourbon around...
                                Craft beers didn't exist back then... it was all about alcohol content and getting drunk. The fashion elements are just marketing crap targeting men. Schlitz had the "Bull" and Colt had the "Gun"...

Based on US Alcohol regulations anything labeled "Malt Liquor" generally contained over 12% alcohol content and also had corn, sugar, or rice added to it to kick the fermentable sugars up to increase alcohol content. Beer generally fell below 5% alcohol and was mostly brewed from barley without the additives.

Comment

Working...